Ramires

Gem

I'm currently watching the Champions of Europe DVD (I recommend it, could start a thread on that alone but I won't, at the moment) and felt compelled to start a topic that didn't consist of pictures but actually had a genuine point for once.

Oh. Em. Gee. This guy, a worldy - he simply has to start every game and start in the position he is best at. He'd be the first player on my team sheet - fit, fast, can finish, tracks back, tackles, holds the ball up, deft touch, eye-of-the-needle passes, skillz, stamina, unselfish, a visionary, skillful, hard-working, top dribbling ability, acceleration, agility, strength... erugh, there are not enough superlatives to describe the man. He also comes across as a fantastic human being, I mean look at his smile. How long left on his contract? Double it. How much money? Quadruple it. I think he still flies under the radar as I'm not sure no one made a bid for him this Summer, ridiculous. I mean I'm happy and who knows there may have been a few enquiries but I wouldn't have accepted anything.

His chip against ALL THE ODDS in Barca, the technique of his chest down against Barca (home), his finish against Valencia, putting Spuds to the sword in the semi-final, scoring in the final against Liverpool... big game player, exactly what we needed when the chips were down. Gutted he missed playing in the final of the greatest night of our lives, I guess the team will have to make up for it by reaching Wembley in May, a standard for Chelsea it seems. It's not really May without a CFC appearance at Wembley is it?

My favourite signing of the Roman era along with Dids & Cech. I didn't want him at first either :face_palm:

I may be a bit giddy from watching this DVD, I can't be bothered to say who should be dropped or what formation we should play.... that's far too thinky for this time of night. All I know is watching this DVD back - he is involved in pretty every every attack/goal we make on the road to the final.

The curse of the number 7 shirt has well and truly been broken.

:bow:0,,10268~10085159,00.jpg

Now back to the DVD......

During the early stages of the time we bought him, I thought he was one of the worst buys since Roman has taken over, now he's one of our best players. I love Ramires due to the fact he puts in 100% effort every time he plays, and as you so well stated he has all of those attributes and a fantastic personality to go along with it, must be these brazillians!

Wish we would play him down the centre with Mikel, I think then we would see and massive rise in performances!

Ramires! :JC_doubleup:

Edited by JMaher94

His chip will always be one of the most important goals in our history, and it wasn't a bad one either. His goal against Man City a couple of years ago was world class too. Great player, his pace on the counter attack is invaluable. Nice and underrated :biggrin:

I was one of the few who didn't write him off when he first came here and always said that we should give him a chance. I'm happy I was right.

But I do not really like him playing out wide. He does some good there as his movement tends to open up space for other players, but our right wing needs more end product. We need someone who is more used to play there. We had the same problem last season with Sturridge.

But I doubt Ramires can take Lampards or Mikels place, even if he would probably do a really good job in Lampards place.

I almost wish we'd start using a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 with Ramires, Mikel and Lampard at midfield.

Ramires out wide is excellent if we're counter attacking quite effectively. Against a team like Arsenal, for example, I think he would do well in a wider position as they play a high line but don't press strongly.

Against most teams, his speed is best used as a unique weapon through the centre of midfield. It's a shame that our counterattacks tend to get rarer and less effective when we do sit back

Ramires out wide is excellent if we're counter attacking quite effectively. Against a team like Arsenal, for example, I think he would do well in a wider position as they play a high line but don't press strongly.

Against most teams, his speed is best used as a unique weapon through the centre of midfield. It's a shame that our counterattacks tend to get rarer and less effective when we do sit back

Agreed. One of the things that seems to get lost in the arguments about which position suits Ramires best is that his versatility is an asset in and of itself. There are situations where his best fit is out wide and there are situations where his best fit is in the middle. With Moses' impressive showing, I have no problem giving him games on the right and shifting Ramires to the middle, as it's clear that we're in need of a different approach there. However, there are times where Ramires does belong out wide and I hope that's where he lines up when it's called for.

By far my current favourite player. His contributions last season were vital and we wouldn't have won any silverware if it weren't for him.

Would love to see him playing just behind our three attacking mids where he belongs.

I've watched the Valdez lob countless times.

"It's a lovely ball as well, chance here... IT'S A GOAL! Ramires arrives from nowhere; to give Chelsea hope again."

Edited by AlexTommo

Rambo is a very important player for us now, and well done Gem for a decent thread highlighting this....

However i do think he struggles a little to fit into a 4231 system. I am not comfortable with him out wide, and would much prefer him in the centre 2 pivot, however i worry that this may stiffle his natural instinct to get forward and support the play at pace.

Rambo is a very important player for us now, and well done Gem for a decent thread highlighting this....

However i do think he struggles a little to fit into a 4231 system. I am not comfortable with him out wide, and would much prefer him in the centre 2 pivot, however i worry that this may stiffle his natural instinct to get forward and support the play at pace.

It's not too much different than what his role in a 4-3-3 would be, really. When we're attacking either way he has Mikel behind him and Oscar/Mata alongside.

Great player , needs to play in the centre of midfield. One little thing i don't agree with though, i don't think his passing is eye-of-the-needle i also think his first touch and shooting could be slightly better as well, yes i know that goal against Barcelona was brilliant but most of his shoots are pretty poor.

But i don't mind really because i feel we have enough players that can do those jobs , i just love watching this guy run once he gets that ball under control.

I don't bet on Chelsea, too close to home, but in the FA cup final he was 16-1 to score first, I told my mate to have a cheeky fiver on him as he was worth a punt, let just say my mate got me a few beers off the back of that!

Great player, so much energy, and the knack of scoring important goals!

I may be wrong but I think (hope) the posts aren't necessarily negative about him - but more his position and the fact he's totally wasted out on the right. Personally I think we need to play him in the middle and let others adapt around him; he is that important. Sorry for sizeness, but the look on Valdez's face needs to be seen clearly.

266913-chelseas-ramires-scores-a-goal-over-barcelonas-valdes-during-their-cha.jpg

Great player , needs to play in the centre of midfield. One little thing i don't agree with though, i don't think his passing is eye-of-the-needle i also think his first touch and shooting could be slightly better as well, yes i know that goal against Barcelona was brilliant but most of his shoots are pretty poor.

But i don't mind really because i feel we have enough players that can do those jobs , i just love watching this guy run once he gets that ball under control.

I think his finishing is a bit hit and miss, but is certainly improving. Particularly towards the back end of last season with the chips against Spuds and Barca.

His passing isn't great though

I think his finishing is a bit hit and miss, but is certainly improving. Particularly towards the back end of last season with the chips against Spuds and Barca.

His passing isn't great though

Patience, my friend. Patience. In time that too should improve.

Very solid today, was glad to see him back at home centrally & it was easily proven today that's his best position, adds great balance both offensively & defensively. Nearly got a glimpse of those forward runs like the goal vs. City at the Bridge in 10/11.