Arsenal or Spurs for top 4?

Myles_91

Without wanting to tempt fate (sorry for the superstitious amongst you) assuming we have secured a CL spot who would you rather join us in the top 4? And who do you think will get it?

I hate both pretty equally, but I think I would rather Arsenal get top 4. That point we gifted Spurs last night could prove pivotal because now Spurs only need Arsenal to draw a game as opposed to needing them to lose one should Spurs win their last two. I don't rate AVB but he's instilled a fighting spirit in Spurs that was non-apparent with Redknapp under the "Ah, well it's always difficult to come to these places, we only lost 2-0" attitude. This season Spurs have claimed far more points than their performances have deserved (thanks to Bale) and I actually think AVB's luck will continue and they'll pip Arsenal

There are conflicting sides for me:

Spurs:

Pros of finishing top 4:

- N/A

Cons of finishing top 4:

- Hate their fans

- Can't stand AVB

- They could keep Bale

- CL Football along with a new stadium could allow them to compete with us long term

Arsenal:

Pros of finishing top 4:

- They'd be no threat in the competition

- Wenger would stay and the cycle of mediocrity could continue

Cons of finishing top 4:

- Hate the pretentiousness of their fans

- Extra revenue stream giving them extra funds and placing them above us

We (Spurs) are still in it but the Gooners are one point ahead, in good form, and have to play two teams (Wigan and Newcastle) who are deservedly close to relegation (our two games are against similar teams but I reckon Stoke and Sunderland will be a bigger challenge than Wigan and Newcastle).

My heart says us; my head says Arsenal :-(

Arsenal by a country mile.  For them it's just another season of qualifying for it then blaming it for making them have another medioca season in the league before getting knocked out.  Happy days.

The other lot, their fans are unbearable if there's even a tiny chance of something good happening to them.  Think about the way they've been for 3/4 of the season, to then miss out will be hillarious.

Strangely our resident tottingham fan seems to buck the trend.

Arsenal by a country mile. For them it's just another season of qualifying for it then blaming it for making them have another medioca season in the league before getting knocked out. Happy days.

The other lot, their fans are unbearable if there's even a tiny chance of something good happening to them. Think about the way they've been for 3/4 of the season, to then miss out will be hillarious.

Strangely our resident tottingham fan seems to buck the trend.

I think 'would i have been ok with where we are, in August?'. The answer's yes for me. New manager and a developing team: good start and bring on next season. We can still get CL, need a lot of luck though.

Would rather spuds get it as Arsenal getting rid of Wenger will probably f**k them over for the next 5-6 years at least, however I doubt Arsenal will drop more points than Spuds in the last 2 games.

I know Myles said he doesn't mean to jinx it but a thread like this worries the hell out of me... Think coz I'm a believer in karma. As long as we get 3rd or 4th I don't really care who gets the other one!

I would rather Tottenham got it over Arsenal. Arsenal have had their day and they have failed every time, i am sick of seeing them in the champions league every season, they just don't deserve it. Their ambitions don't seem to match us, United, City or Tottenham's.

Arsenal just in it to get the money. They have no ambition of winning it by strengthening their side. They get knocked out early and then focus entirely on the league with one game a week, it makes it easier for them to get top four and the cycle repeats. 

Hate that and woulden't be surprised if Arsenal are a 6th - 7th team in a few years. 

Don't like either but would prefer Spurs. Arsenal's apparent happiness at finishing 4th every year is annoying, and I think it would serve English football well to have a team that actually wants to compete for trophies in the CL. Yes, Spurs gaining CL football this year will give them a stronger platform from which to grow into a more successful club, but that could only make the league more interesting - I have no objections to having a stronger/more competitive league. 

Apology not needed mate. It's a Chels site, there's gonna be some anti-Spurs stuff and I accept that.

I can't really hang around here and then complain!

Well in that case Arsenal for the 4th spot ! No only joking mate  i ain't fussed as long as we get there.

I look at the 2 in question.....SPUDS and ARSE.....Now i hate everything about SPUDS....I also think they could be a bigger threat to us....LE ARSE..Well, i feel we could handle them over 2 legs,and, even though i dont care for them or their fans, i dont have the passion in my dislike for them....Hence Arsenal in please, and the low life scum out

Tough one. Arsenal would be preferable because I would be more confident in beating them over two legs in the competition.

Tottenham would be better for the league as they would probably do better in the competition and thus boost our coefficient. That can't take too big of a battering as we may slip to 3 cl places if we are not careful.

I really dont think that Spurs would do better, Arsenal have been drawn with Barcelona twice and Bayern in the last 4 seasons-thats just really unlucky. Before that they made the semi finals and lost to a good United team. Personally I wouldnt want either of them in the top 4, both of their fans annoy me.

I really dont think that Spurs would do better, Arsenal have been drawn with Barcelona twice and Bayern in the last 4 seasons-thats just really unlucky. Before that they made the semi finals and lost to a good United team. Personally I wouldnt want either of them in the top 4, both of their fans annoy me.

It must be really difficult being drawn against those two. I don't know what I'd expect if that ever happened to us..... Oh hang on  :biggrin:

It must be really difficult being drawn against those two. I don't know what I'd expect if that ever happened to us..... Oh hang on  :biggrin:

lol WOOO!!!

arsenal are decent in eruope, they were screwed against barcelona that one year. RVP got sent off for kicking the ball after the whistle...i think arsenal were winning at the time...you know how barca have the ref's in their pocket ;)

I want to see Arsenal in the top 4, but their last two matches I feel are a lot more tricky than Spurs'

Agree Mike .... Shame is we should have put them out last week and we could enjoy the last to games a bit more.....

Wish I hadn't opened this thread .... Lets just beat Villa today Please

Archived