The team next season

Uno
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I know its a little early to be talking about next season but its only a bit of fun.

Who do you think will be in our team next season? With the likes of Lamps and Ash out of contract, the likes of Marin and Moses out on loan and of course Lukaku out to prove himself. Lets not forget we may buy some players!!! What do you think our squad will be next season?

Goalkeepers:

Cech

Courtois (hopefully)

Blackman

RB:

Azpilicueta

Ivanovic

CB:

Terry

Cahill

Luiz (if he bucks up his ideas)

Kalas

LB:

Cole(?)

Bertrand

van Aanholt(?)

CDM:

Ramires

Mikel

van Ginkel

Lampard (?)

CAM:

Mata (hopefully)

Oscar

De Bruyne(?)

Marin(?)

Lucas Piazon(?)

L/RW:

Schurrle

Willian

Moses

Hazard

CF:

Torres

Lukaku

Ba (?)

Essien, Eto'o, Schwarzer and Hilario I assume will be gone by the end of this season.

Lampard and Cole are on extensions and not performing well enough to be given further extensions in my opinion.

I've no idea we could be signing though.

Edited by AlexTommo

I doubt we're going to be able to spend much in the summer. We've spent heavily the last few years. 

If a club can spend £70 M+ every season then this FFP is a bit of a joke. 

I want us to buy a bloody good central midfielder to partner ramires. A passer. Someone to help dictate the game. We're one signing away from being a real force but I wouldn't be surprised if we bought another attacking midfielder.

I doubt we're going to be able to spend much in the summer. We've spent heavily the last few years. 

If a club can spend £70 M+ every season then this FFP is a bit of a joke. 

I want us to buy a bloody good central midfielder to partner ramires. A passer. Someone to help dictate the game. We're one signing away from being a real force but I wouldn't be surprised if we bought another attacking midfielder.

well we have this young Troare cub to come in January----

we need another top class striker but that will be the summer I'm sure (along with Romelu)

will kalas, Omerru (sp) etc be good enough in Jose eyes, so CB may be required then too.

Cholobah and Romeu + McEachran are back in summer, so big decisions will have to be made and also on all loan signings as they are either gonna make it with Chelsea or not------waiting til they are 22--23 is too late, if they are good enough they will be included, for their sakes to they they have to be moved on----they cannot have just ambitions to be 'squad players'

New CB, i know this us unpopular but if Barca offer 30 mil or more for Luiz then I'd take it.

New CF, tbh I'd sort this in Jan and there's ones player I'd go for and thats Diego Costa.

Other than that sell Torres, Eto'o and Ba, bring back Lukaku, also have Bamford as 3rd choice striker.

Also sell Moses, Marin, and anyone else whose unwanted.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

LB - I've had enough of Cole sluggish performances this season either get PVA back or try to buy Shaw or Rodriguez from Wolfsburg.

CM - Our biggest priority in my opinion. I'd love Pogba,need someone to partner Ramires but someone with more technical quality a player who can pass and dictate the temp of our play.We may even need 2 CM's maybe Imbula or Matic aswell?. Depends on what happens with Lampard Essien and if Chalobah stays next season.

CF- Get Lukaku back,Eto and Ba most likely will leave.Maybe go for Luis Muriel? Maybe play Schurrle can play there more.

CB - i think we are ok,we have Ivanovic who can play there,Omerou and Kalas too.

Like some have said already, Cole may not be here. He used to be excellent consistently with the occasional poor performance, this season has been the exact opposite. Played well in the bigger games, especially against City, but time and time again he is being attacked, with success, by the other team. 

We obviously need a centre mid. Lampard might get another year, but his playing time would surely decrease. Romeu's development seems to have stalled completely and McEachran hasn't been pulling up trees either, unlike Chalobah who will hopefully get a premier league loan next season, maybe even stay here.

If we could sign one of the Bender twins, or a 'new Essien', that would be great. Shame about MvG, a good season could have made him 1st choice next season. Imbula has been mentioned a lot, haven't seen that much of him though, highly rated.

My relatively realistic line-up would be : Courtois, Dave, Ivanovic, Terry, Shaw, Ramires, Gundogan Imbula , Hazard, Mata, Schurrle Lewandowski Lukaku

Not sure about the cries for a centre forward. The way we are playing now would not suit a 'goal machine' in my opinion. The team is built around a big work ethic. That ain't gonna suit a selfish striker. Why do we always insist on buying a big name striker for a stupid amount of money? We need somebody who wants to prove themselves and wants to play for Chelsea (lukaku). Not somebody who has come for the glory. As for luiz, I'd give him a year or 2 more in the prem in midfield. Lamps and jt can teach him and give him the experience he needs. He has the ability to be great so let Jose and the other experienced people work their magic. He was talked about as a future captain at one point!!! As for lamps and cole not playing well enough that's a joke. Lamps has had to play a deeper role so he was never gonna have the same impact as he has over the last 11years. Apart from Torres lamps was the best player against man city. He took kolo toure out the game. Who else can do that???! It's not all about the goals now for lamps it's about the massive influence he has on and off the field and the ugly bits that nobody sees as well. As for cole in not sure what more he can do. Apart from baines tell me who is even close to him? No point taking a gamble on shaw at saints when we have Bertrand. Up the chels

Not sure about the cries for a centre forward. The way we are playing now would not suit a 'goal machine' in my opinion. The team is built around a big work ethic. That ain't gonna suit a selfish striker. Why do we always insist on buying a big name striker for a stupid amount of money? We need somebody who wants to prove themselves and wants to play for Chelsea (lukaku). Not somebody who has come for the glory. As for luiz, I'd give him a year or 2 more in the prem in midfield. Lamps and jt can teach him and give him the experience he needs. He has the ability to be great so let Jose and the other experienced people work their magic. He was talked about as a future captain at one point!!! As for lamps and cole not playing well enough that's a joke. Lamps has had to play a deeper role so he was never gonna have the same impact as he has over the last 11years. Apart from Torres lamps was the best player against man city. He took kolo toure out the game. Who else can do that???! It's not all about the goals now for lamps it's about the massive influence he has on and off the field and the ugly bits that nobody sees as well. As for cole in not sure what more he can do. Apart from baines tell me who is even close to him? No point taking a gamble on shaw at saints when we have Bertrand. Up the chels

I dont really see a gamble with Shaw, he looks the real deal.

Like some have said already, Cole may not be here. He used to be excellent consistently with the occasional poor performance, this season has been the exact opposite. Played well in the bigger games, especially against City, but time and time again he is being attacked, with success, by the other team. 

We obviously need a centre mid. Lampard might get another year, but his playing time would surely decrease. Romeu's development seems to have stalled completely and McEachran hasn't been pulling up trees either, unlike Chalobah who will hopefully get a premier league loan next season, maybe even stay here.

If we could sign one of the Bender twins, or a 'new Essien', that would be great. Shame about MvG, a good season could have made him 1st choice next season. Imbula has been mentioned a lot, haven't seen that much of him though, highly rated.

My relatively realistic line-up would be : Courtois, Dave, Ivanovic, Terry, Shaw, Ramires, Gundogan Imbula , Hazard, Mata, Schurrle Lewandowski Lukaku

Magnificent team that is. Not sure about Imbula -- would prefer to pay for Bender or someone like that (not that there are many like him)

You forgot probably the biggest decision to be made in the summer.

Cech v Courtois.

I personally still can't guess which way we're going to go for next season, whether Mourinho won't want to risk sending Courtois out on loan against with his contract expiring in 2 years, or whether he won't want to drop Cech while he's still one of the world's top keepers.

As for Marin and Moses, i'd be surprised if either of them stay next season. The one possibility is that Mourinho doesn't fancy KDB still by the end of the season and chooses to sell him to the Bundesliga, and bring Moses in in his place who is perhaps more of a direct Jose-esque type winger.

I expect JT will get an extension unless he suffers a serious injury, he's once again our best defender. I'd be surprised if Lampard got an extension again and Cole is probably 50:50, I think it depends on his form between now and then really. He's still one of, if not the best, big game left back in the world, but week in week out we probably want someone who offers more going forward against teams that are dug in. Is Essien's contract also to expire? Seems likely he'll be let go considering he's not even in our CL squad.

Lukaku will surely be staying next season and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ba leave with Eto'o.

As for purchases, I think the following are likely:

A young-ish left back (possibly Shaw, or possibly someone more experienced), depending on the Cole situation.

A new midfielder (Really a necessity with Lamps and Essien's contracts expiring).

Possibly another striker, depending on whether we retain one of Ba or Eto'o.

We definitely don't need to make too much investment now, the focus should be on gelling the players we have into an effective unit.