Mario Pasalic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Definitely hope he stays and if Conte is looking for a dynamic and powerful midfield, I can really see a place for him, just considering the roles played on Monday against west ham we currently have 3 youngsters in the squad which look perfect replacements.

Chalobah for Kante, RLC for Oscar and Pasalic for Matic.

We really need to give opportunities to these players if we are looking forward.

Edited by PedroMendez

Definitely hope he stays and if Conte is looking for a dynamic and powerful midfield, I can really see a place for him, just considering the roles played on Monday against west ham we currently have 3 youngsters in the squad which look perfect replacements.

Chalobah for Kante, RLC for Oscar and Pasalic for Matic.

We really need to give opportunities to these players if we are looking forward.

Of what i Have seen, RLC seems more suited as Cesc's replacement while Baker would be more apt as Oscar's (in the near future).

Its left to be seen If these kids (Nat, RLC, Pasalic, Baker, Ake, Andreas, Tammy, Aina, Traore) get a fair oppurtunity. 

From what I've seen he's good goalscorer/threat but that's about it, he's average in every other regard. His passing in particular looks poor. 

you must be watching a different player, his passing is good, he is two footed can play any type of pass, i have seen him play passes with the outside of his left foot, then ping a 40 yard pass with his right foot, he also likes to play the riskier passes but also recognizes when to keeps it simple.

wasnt he dubbed the new Luka Modric when he was playing in Croatia?  :JC_doubleup:

I can see why the comparisons were made. I don't think he's ready physically to play in a pivot midfield role nor does he have the experience, I don't think he's a #10 either but I could see him doing well at #8 in a three man midfield (Oscar's current position in Conte's 4-1-4-1). There's a rumour in Spanish media that CD Leganes want him on loan.

Edited by the special one

I can see why the comparisons were made. I don't think he's ready physically to play in a pivot midfield role nor does he have the experience, I don't think he's a #10 either but I could see him doing well at #8. There's a rumour in Spanish media that CD Leganes want him on loan.

I hope we dont loan him out to La Liga again, if we are going to loan him it should be to a PL team this time

he has already had a loan there and done well, i want to see him in the PL

Multiple loans to La Liga did well for Courtois and will hopefully do well for Musonda, i think La Liga might be the best place for him at the moment. Other than Ake we don't have too many successful loans in the prem.

Multiple loans to La Liga did well for Courtois and will hopefully do well for Musonda, i think La Liga might be the best place for him at the moment. Other than Ake we don't have too many successful loans in the prem.

im not saying it wont do well for him i just want to see him play in the PL, and see how he does.

Going to Milan on loan, medical tomorrow fee 1m euro no option to buy

Good loan, hopefully he can get some decent game time like Monaco he will have to fight hard to become a first team option. Around so decent players in a midfield sentric league.

It also might have the added bonus of making Milan more inclined to let Romagnoli move the other way

Going to Milan on loan, medical tomorrow fee 1m euro no option to buy

Good loan, hopefully he can get some decent game time like Monaco he will have to fight hard to become a first team option. Around some decent players in a midfield sentric league.

It also might have the added bonus of making Milan more inclined to let Romagnoli move the other way

Good move for him, i would have liked to see him get a PL loan, but going to Milan will be his first taste of being at a big club, and he is definitely good enough to play regularly for them, and come back next season with Musonda, Traore, Boga and Christensen as much better players.

Edited by pacquiao

• 11 months later...

2 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

Who is Baka replacing, if it's not Matic?

Technically yes, Baka replaced Matic. 

But lets not forget that we had just 3 CMs last season. 

Add to it the fact that we also lost Nat, all of it makes keeping Matic essential for the long season or have a decent back up in someone like Pasalic/MvG. Since MvG has already left, keeping Pasalic is important unless we are planning to buy 40mil rated over-rated Barkley!!

Edited by didierforever