Man Utd Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 16/04 2017 KO 16:00 GMT

mojo
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

yea well Jose would usually roll over just so we lose the title, I can promise that, however now that top 4 is on for them they can't, hopefully they get knocked out the EL and they are forced to fight for 4th 

Good point. Fair point. Let's hope Anderlecht puts them out this week.  

2 minutes ago, Northport Blues said:

Don't expect ManU to put up any fight against Spurs.... JM's bitterness towards Chelsea will win the day.  

I don't believe that. If Jose has a sniff of a top4 finish her will fight for it and he loves to destroy. He'd get a kick out of stopping Pochettino winning the league too.

11 minutes ago, just said:

Nibs, really?

Mourinho dropped his top scorer, his only scorer really, to play two youngsters with bags of pace and movement and the ability to run behind us. Sacrificed a player to man-mark Hazard, no other responsibilities but mark Hazard. Double teamed Kante and and largely ignorned Matic because he knew Matic can't hurt anyone with a ball at his feet.

Crucially he learnt from the previous games and had players racing back when the ball was turned over. He got the formation and tactics absolutely spot on. I know you can't stand the bloke, but  Christ on a bike, Conte couldn't answer him today.

All fair points Just but wouldn't mean a thing if we were playing as well now as we were a few months back. Sure Jose got his tactics right and got lucky with their early goal. But if we were in the sort of form like we were when we blew them away and put 5 past Everton, it wouldn't have mattered what Jose did. We were shocking today and that is worrying with Spurs looking better every game.

Just now, Barrettinator said:

That's a silly excuse. If we have to lose every time 1 or 2 people are missing from our starting 11 then we're not really champions material, are we? Other teams below us have lost several starters for longer spells. Spurs haven't even had Kane for up to half of the season and they lost both of their starting full backs at some point. I can go on and on. Silly excuse. It was a sh*t performance from pretty much everyone not named Kante. 

But that's the team we have played for nearly all the season. The shape isn't the same without those missing players. You can be asured that we wouldn't have lost if Courtois and Alonso had played.

A part of me wished that we were going to spring a tactical surprise; maybe a Willian-Hazard-Pedro, or a 4-4-2. I certainly didn't want Zouma starting or Azpilicueta as a part of our front five.

Bah, we were beaten by the better team. We absolutely must do a number on the filth next weekend.

11 minutes ago, just said:

Nibs, really?

Mourinho dropped his top scorer, his only scorer really, to play two youngsters with bags of pace and movement and the ability to run behind us. Sacrificed a player to man-mark Hazard, no other responsibilities but mark Hazard. Double teamed Kante and and largely ignorned Matic because he knew Matic can't hurt anyone with a ball at his feet.

Crucially he learnt from the previous games and had players racing back when the ball was turned over. He got the formation and tactics absolutely spot on. I know you can't stand the bloke, but  Christ on a bike, Conte couldn't answer him today.

Great post. That's just how I saw it. 

Now I have to listen to pundits get excited and talk up Spurs for another 2 weeks. We seem to lose at the worst possible time. Last time we lost was just before an international break, wasn't it? Or was it after?

Anyway, beating the filth this weekend would knock a blow to them mentally. It's absolutely important that we beat them.

1 minute ago, WeatherMan said:

I'm not buying that excuse, we had plenty of time to get back in the game and totally failed. We weren't even close at any stage of the game, we were woeful.

I'm thinking that when play continues Luiz gets done for pace Rashford scores and we never recover. We're nervous at the back, United are energized all over the pitch and the tactics Mourinho deployed on Haz worked perfectly. Game over.

I guess Conte could gave subbed Costa for William played Has through the middle and got Cesc on for Matic. It might have worked, might not.

10 minutes ago, just said:

Nibs, really?

agree to a point, but it helps when your opponents make two absolute last minute chances to their defence, especially when they try to play out from defence. I think that massively contributed to our inability to play out.

the margins were very fine in determining the result- you have to give jose credit for the win, the pattern of the game clearly showed one side was better (despite the nature of the goals). don't think conte could've done a huge amount differently as his coaching relies on players learning the way they move by rote- we were in big trouble before a ball was kicked.

2 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Now I have to listen to pundits get excited and talk up Spurs for another 2 weeks. We seem to lose at the worst possible time. Last time we lost was just before an international break, wasn't it? Or was it after?

Anyway, beating the filth this weekend would knock a blow to them mentally. It's absolutely important that we beat them.

Good, let them talk Spurs up, and I hope everybody associated with THFC listens and takes it all in too. 

The relaxed 'win and see what happens' period just ended for them, sh*t just got real. Now lets see how they cope.

Worth noting we play before them now a fair bit too.

Just now, JMaher94 said:

Bless Mourinho trying his hardest to be loved by United's fans.

Bless him...

When he's out of the United job in 2 years, I wonder if he'll have succeeded in doing that. Half the United fan base don't give a sh*t about him. They're tolerating him. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

Good, let them talk Spurs up, and I hope everybody associated with THFC listens and takes it all in too. 

The relaxed 'win and see what happens' period just ended for them, sh*t just got real. Now lets see how they cope.

Worth noting we play before them now a fair bit too.

That's the good part. We'll see how they deal with the pressure now. Pressure's on us as well but what we do have is a 4 point cushion. The honeymoon is over for Spurs. Just need Anderlecht to knock United out so they have no reason to roll over for Spurs when they play.

Just now, DonAntonio said:

interesting they are talking about conte not being enthusiastic today, certainly made a difference, telling teh players what to do, seems they cant work it out themselves 

They've been playing the same system for 7 months. Whichever player still needs to be spoon fed needs to f**k off.