Mateo Kovacic

Xfaxtor
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Reminds me of a more powerful looking Dembele (spurs). Loves to dribble. Unsure whether just like Dembele he’d be more suited to a deeper role in midfield though. Although his stats show he showed some promise for goals & assists with Inter just before he joined Real.

34 minutes ago, Stim said:

And the photo on the website now looks like it was taken last night so will he be called out for the utter bs? I won't hold my breath.

DkJZ-MNXcAEUXIL.jpg:large

Castles is one of Mourinho's Drooges so no doubt this was an attempt to rock the apple cart like a little bitch. 

Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic midfield trio? Jesus christ! 

fair to say if we stick to a 433 formation, we are sorted fully in defence, midfeld, the keeper and LW. Only 2 positionsthat need strengthening imo are RW and our CF

4 minutes ago, JJP said:

Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic midfield trio? Jesus christ! 

fair to say if we stick to a 433 formation, we are sorted fully in defence, midfeld, the keeper and LW. Only 2 positionsthat need strengthening imo are RW and our CF

And yet - do we really need that? Morata's bottom level is trash to put it nicely, but imagine him getting confidence and going on a run sort of like what he did in the start of last season. Could be decent. Sure, it would be nice getting a Martial or something up there, but there's really no telling as to whether he'll do better. On the wing we have Willian. A trickery, pacy brazilian, that both Barcelona and Manchester United want. I genuinly believe our squad is brilliant already, though I wouldn't mind seeing either Martial or Fekir coming in with some hunger and fresh blood. 

Wishful thinking, I know...

18 minutes ago, Hanzen said:

And yet - do we really need that? Morata's bottom level is trash to put it nicely, but imagine him getting confidence and going on a run sort of like what he did in the start of last season. Could be decent. Sure, it would be nice getting a Martial or something up there, but there's really no telling as to whether he'll do better. On the wing we have Willian. A trickery, pacy brazilian, that both Barcelona and Manchester United want. I genuinly believe our squad is brilliant already, though I wouldn't mind seeing either Martial or Fekir coming in with some hunger and fresh blood. 

Wishful thinking, I know...

Agree that Morata certainly has potential, me along with most others were over the moon at the beginning of last season when he was scoring goals for fun but that soon turned into awfulness because he was just terrible for large parts of the season. Hopefully Sarri can change that and he'll hit top form again in which case im more than happy to stick with him. 

Fekir or Martial (or both) would certainly make us much better up front though. Willian had moments he was great last season, but he also had moments where he was terrible. and given his age and style of play, we'll need to replace him sooner rather than later