1000th Premier League goal at SB

Kev56

8 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Surprising when you look at some of the players on 1 goal.

If it wasn’t for Chris bloody Sutton RLC would of had the thousandth goal. 

8 hours ago, Valerie said:

Some names I had quite forgotten, Forssell and Goldbaek for instance. 

How dare you forget about Forssell!

What I’d give to have Eidur, Jimmy and Zola playing at their peaks right now :bow:

1 hour ago, Dixon said:

Eidur and Jimmy's names dont't get much of a mention when it comes to Chelsea greats, but thier records speak for themselves. They definately played a big part in taking the club to a new level. 

Yep for a while they were most exciting front two in the EPL, shame Hasselbaink didn't lift any silverware with us and Eidur did and even unusually for us back then went to a bigger club - Barca.

9 hours ago, Dixon said:

Eidur and Jimmy's names dont't get much of a mention when it comes to Chelsea greats, but thier records speak for themselves. They definately played a big part in taking the club to a new level. 

They do in my house, I got to meet Jimmy last month too which was nice. 

14 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Considering the impact the latter two had, it's odd to see that Pedro has more league home goals than Duff and Robben put together.

In years to come, I can see him playing a part in those 'Underrated Chelsea XIs'.

The biggest surprise for me there is that Duff and Robben only scored 7 premier league goals at Stamford Bridge, especially Duff!

On 04/12/2018 at 22:18, dansubrosa said:

The biggest surprise for me there is that Duff and Robben only scored 7 premier league goals at Stamford Bridge, especially Duff!

Although I was a fan of Duff, he kind of turned out to be a bit of a one season wonder for us. 2004-05, him and Robben were unstoppable on the wings. Robben was a brilliant footballer, but it was hard for him to maintain momentum for us when he picked up so many injuries.

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Although I was a fan of Duff, he kind of turned out to be a bit of a one season wonder for us. 2004-05, him and Robben were unstoppable on the wings. Robben was a brilliant footballer, but it was hard for him to maintain momentum for us when he picked up so many injuries.

The same can be said for Duff regarding injuries. I think those two, with Joey Cole and Didier/Crespo/Eidur upfront are probably my favourite era where our front line is concerned. 

Or maybe Jimmy, Eidur and Zola. We really have been spoilt in the past haven’t we!

56 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

The same can be said for Duff regarding injuries. I think those two, with Joey Cole and Didier/Crespo/Eidur upfront are probably my favourite era where our front line is concerned. 

Or maybe Jimmy, Eidur and Zola. We really have been spoilt in the past haven’t we!

All very direct players and fun too watch when they were at their best. 

We have either been very lucky with injuries or our medical team are better than ever these days. It would be good to see how much better off the likes of Robben and Duff would be today.

• coco changed the title to 1000th Premier League goal at SB
On 11/12/2018 at 16:45, Scott Harris said:

Duff suffered a really bad shoulder injury whilst he was with us, he just wasn't the same when he came back. 

Remember reading an interview with him after the injury saying he'd been working with a judo coach about the proper way to fall to avoid injuries. I got the impression he was always a bit more risk averse after that. 

Archived