Sign in to follow this  
youlots

Women's World Cup

On 28/06/2019 at 22:17, robdog said:

or Maybe The US is just that good - The Yanks are the Defending Champs - recognize Greatness when you see it

France were terrible on the attack (multiple off-target headers and a poor miss at the near post stick in the mind) and the US routinely gave the ball away in their own half. Outside of a some good blocks in the second half, the US didn't have to work too hard and when France stepped it up in the final 15-20 minutes the US looked vulnerable.

Congrats to the US though I missed most of the 1st half due to work I caught the rest and we looked second best.

The US team were far fitter and than us and though we had a few good moments were clearly second best.

Millie Bright's two yellows, no complaints as they were both potential bookings for me and the ref thought so too.

The off-side call for the equaliser was also fine and I agree with the penalty call. It was just a poor penalty.

Our own Fran Kirby improved the team in the second half yet thought she would have come on for Jill Scott who I thought had an awful game.

Scott did provide a clever assist for White's offside goal yet her passing and letting the passes go by the for the invisible player were disappointing.

Still, semi-finalists is a decent achievement.

41 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Congrats to USA girls, a cracking second goal.

Shame about the Dutch up until the penalty they looked evens to get a result.

Women, Strider, they're women :rolleyes:

The first half ended 0-0, but the US were much more of a threat. I felt it was a matter of time before the Dutch would concede. They tried to rally after that unlucky penalty, but some good combinations paid off: 2-0. Excellent defending prevented a bigger score.

Overall, a great tournament for Oranje, they can be very proud to win silver. Next stop the Tokyo Olympics. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Does Dutch only apply to men?

It does not here.

I don't really get your question.

Edited by Valerie

40 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Failure on Englands part. Neville should be sacked imo.

I'm unsure but for him to criticise the third place play-off after losing seems poor judgement to me.

Third place play off is sh*te though. Can you imagine a third place play off in the CL, or the FA Cup or the race to shag busty Brenda from number 34 when third place is Skanky Sonya. Its a game nobody wants to be in then pretends it was important when they win it.

9 hours ago, loz said:

Third place play off is sh*te though. Can you imagine a third place play off in the CL, or the FA Cup or the race to shag busty Brenda from number 34 when third place is Skanky Sonya. Its a game nobody wants to be in then pretends it was important when they win it.

I played in a few 3rd/4th place things back in the day and can honestly say not a single player on the pitch gave a flying sh*t about it. It was basically a wander around in the sun/rain/snow with the occasional boot up the field. I played in one where there wasnt a single foul ha ha, even the ref didnt care.

I played in a few 3rd/4th place things back in the day and can honestly say not a single player on the pitch gave a flying sh*t about it. It was basically a wander around in the sun/rain/snow with the occasional boot up the field. I played in one where there wasnt a single foul ha ha, even the ref didnt care.
And there was a side of finest British beef for the winner in your game

3 hours ago, loz said:
4 hours ago, dkw said:

And there was a side of finest British beef for the winner in your game

Your nearer to the truth than you think. One of them had a man of the match bag of meat from a local butcher ha ha.....