Sign in to follow this  
youlots

Women's World Cup

Somewhat curious, and a bad look, that there's been no thread created for this thus far so here it is.

I've had a look at a few games so far & mostly enjoyed them: particularly the fact that there seems to be very little rolling around & playacting from any of the players when they're tackled.

2 hours ago, youlots said:

Somewhat curious, and a bad look, that there's been no thread created for this thus far so here it is.

I've had a look at a few games so far & mostly enjoyed them: particularly the fact that there seems to be very little rolling around & playacting from any of the players when they're tackled.

That's unfair. If people aren't interested, then they aren't interested, you can't force people to like it.

As for me, I have watched a few games, but I haven't enjoyed any of them. The standard of quality just isn't enjoyable for me, it's the same reason why I don't watch lower league mens teams.

I watched a few highlights of goals, but the quality is really bad, some comical own goals and mistakes, and sides utterly unbalanced like in the 13-0 win.

I don't even care about the men's world cup anymore. I might try to catch a few of these games on TV though. Even if the standard is not as super-high as for men's internationals it sounds more entertaining.

54 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

There may have been a topic that got lost in the black hole over the last few days.

Best place for women's football to be honest!!

Yeah the quality of games might not be as good due as we don’t have the physical capability of men but it’s more skill and technique based and I think it’s ok to watch, football is football, it’s better than love Island anyway! 

I’ve tried to give the games a go but today was just ridiculous. 

Englabd v Cameroon was an embarrassment. 

I know men dive and scuffle And play act. But what happened today tops the lot. 

Cameroon score, celebrate. 

Var review carried out and the build up deemed offside and the goal disallowed. 

Result.. 

the ENTIRE outfield 11 Cameroon players go absolute mental at the dugout area, refuse to keep playing and half of the women start balling their eyes out. 

?

1 hour ago, Chelseaggo said:

I’ve tried to give the games a go but today was just ridiculous. 

Englabd v Cameroon was an embarrassment. 

I know men dive and scuffle And play act. But what happened today tops the lot. 

Cameroon score, celebrate. 

Var review carried out and the build up deemed offside and the goal disallowed. 

Result.. 

the ENTIRE outfield 11 Cameroon players go absolute mental at the dugout area, refuse to keep playing and half of the women start balling their eyes out. 

?

I saw some and thought the ref was frightened to get the cards out for some nasty challenges by the Cameroon players.

I haven't seen a good replay of the VAR decision for what would have been Cameroon's equaliser, was it a clear offside?

Ref was abysmal. 

It wasn’t for an equaliser, I’m pretty sure they were 2-0 down at the time. But no it wasn’t a clear offside but in the laws of the game, it was offside. Was quite harsh though but rules are rules! 

53 minutes ago, abigsmurf said:

France are supposed to be one of the better teams in the competition... This is so terrible.

or Maybe The US is just that good - The Yanks are the Defending Champs - recognize Greatness when you see it

D-LY753XkAER0OY.jpg

Saw the Swedes today turn over the Germans.

They were impressive and were the first team to come from behind in this tournament.

There equalising goal was like Torres at his best and scored by Jakobsen.

Noticed the Swedes seemed very tall yet also worked hard and put a lot of players behind the ball defensively and broke with speed being very direct at times.

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

Saw the Swedes today turn over the Germans.

They were impressive and were the first team to come from behind in this tournament.

There equalising goal was like Torres at his best and scored by Jakobsen.

Noticed the Swedes seemed very tall yet also worked hard and put a lot of players behind the ball defensively and broke with speed being very direct at times.

Viking Women dude - IMHO The Swedes Men & Women have a very similar playing style - tall & athletic - I won't lie I am said to see Zie Germans go - I believe The Dutch will bounce The Swedes & I am not typing this to make @Valerie happy - here in the US no one wanted to give The Dutch props, but they are the European Champions - Now The Dutch are in the Semis - it's time to recognize The Dutch Women are all that & a bag of chips

1 minute ago, robdog said:

Viking Women dude - IMHO The Swedes Men & Women have a very similar playing style - tall & athletic - I won't lie I am said to see Zie Germans go - I believe The Dutch will bounce The Swedes & I am not typing this to make @Valerie happy - here in the US no one wanted to give The Dutch props, but they are the European Champions - Now The Dutch are in the Semis - it's time to recognize The Dutch Women are all that & a bag of chips

Chips, yum....

For the first time in ages, I've been watching Oranje again :laugh2:Although the women's World Cup and obviously the Netherlands team get a lot of attention, it's not as nauseating as when the men play. Progress!

Although blue is still the colour, that goes without saying

5 minutes ago, robdog said:

I guess by 'props' you mean credit.

The Dutch have some good players yet think England have the most dangerous attack as we have several that can score.

The US look athletic and hard working and have a degree of games-man-ship that works for them, not the most pleasing on the eye yet effective.

The Swedes could be a match for them assuming England go out.

First time I have followed the women's tournament and now we are in the knockout phase am enjoying most.

13 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

The Swedes could be a match for them assuming England go out.

One match at a time bro. US vs England & Netherlands vs Sweden. IMHO any team can make it into the finals & btw The Yanks already beat Sweden 2-0 - right now let's see if Bronze can stop Rapinoe from doing her thing, but I want to see Carli Lloyd starting over Alex Morgan - Lloyd has soo much game it's sick

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I'm wondering if Neville will change the system and play 4-5-1 to try and stop the US.

BTW I can't remember the last time The US beat England - I believe England matches up well vs The Yanks - I wouldn't be surprised if this match goes to PKs

6 minutes ago, robdog said:

One match at a time bro. US vs England & Netherlands vs Sweden. IMHO any team can make it into the finals & btw The Yanks already beat Sweden 2-0 - right now let's see if Bronze can stop Rapinoe from doing her thing, but I want to see Carli Lloyd starting over Alex Morgan - Lloyd has soo much game it's sick

At least the US women will tour the House of Representatives and skip the White House if they win :smile:

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

At least the US women will tour the House of Representatives and skip the White House if they win :smile:

The USWNT has already been at The White House, but that was with #44 

obama-uswnt-white-house.jpg?itok=BZjCDj6

4 minutes ago, robdog said:

BTW I can't remember the last time The US beat England - I believe England matches up well vs The Yanks - I wouldn't be surprised if this match goes to PKs

What's the women's domestic game like in the US, is it well established?

4 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

What's the women's domestic game like in the US, is it well established?

struggling but check this fact out - All of the countries participating in France 2019 (except for China & Germany) have Women on their squads that have been involved either in the US Women Collegiate game or in a US Women Professional League - also The US Women's National Team brings in more money into The US Soccer Federation than the Men