Led Zeppelin have........

clubhappy

I got my US Tour 1977 led Zep t-shirt on right now. If they tour, I'm going. I went to see the Who at Madison Square Garden, on the tour right after Entwistle died. Opening for them was Robert Plant. It was great to hear, but without Paige up there too, it just wasn't the same!

Scott

this won't be a one off gig, they plan to tour the usa too.

who will be drumming?

Bonzo's boy Jason ?

BTW John Bonham died Sept 24 1980 he was 32.

During the rehearsal, his drinking continued though this was not unusual for Bonham. Around midnight, he passed out on a sofa and was helped to a bedroom by Page's assistant, Rick Hobbs.

Hobbs left Bonham lying on his side, propped up with pillows, and turned out the lights. When Bonzo hadn't appeared by the next afternoon, Robert Plant's assistent, Benji LeFevre, went in to wake him and found him apparently dead. The ambulance was called but John Bonham, aged 32, had died several hours earlier and was far beyond resuscitation.

Weeks later at the coroner's inquest, it emerged that in the 24 hours before he died, John Bonham had drunk forty measures of vodka which resulted in pulmonary edema - waterlogging of the lungs caused by inhalation of vomit. The death was ruled accidental.

Isn't it meant to be a one off London show?

How many more dinosours are going to come back when the cash runs out.

Well , i hardly think Zeppelin are short of cash , up to last year they were in the top 3 Biggest selling acts on the planet . They are the kind of band that get a new fan base everyday , jesus my 13 year old has the Imigrant song as his ring tone . icon_lol.gif

In fact , with the current state of music right now , bring em all back , yes everyone of them , jesus christ , anything to liven up proceedings and get Stadiums rocking again.

Totally agree Tim, they've had their best days, and to see bands like these, The Rolling Stones, etc hobbeling around the stage is just embarressing. While listening to an old album may still sound great, times move on, and these guys just can't compete now.

In fact , with the current state of music right now , bring em all back , yes everyone of them , jesus christ , anything to liven up proceedings and get Stadiums rocking again.

I think we know, that theres many groups now that can play sell out concerts, but agree in the fact alot of music now sucks big ones, but surely there was a fair amount of shat back then too.

I believe that bands like the Stones & Zeppelin should stay in retirement. I never got to see either band live, but I wouldn't go to watch them now if I were given a free ticket - they're no longer the bands that I loved and grew up listening to - in fact they're almost a parody of what they once were.

I think we know, that theres many groups now that can play sell out concerts, but agree in the fact alot of music now sucks big ones, but surely there was a fair amount of shat back then too.

Here's a list of rock bands from around the 1970-1971 era - some great, some decent, some crap: -

Great bands (no particular order)

The Faces, Free, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, The Who, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Allman Brothers Band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Humble Pie, The Groundhogs, Ten Years After, The Rolling Stones, Stray, Family, The Pink Fairies, Grand Funk Railroad, Taste/Rory Gallagher, Cactus, Fleetwood Mac, The Guess Who, The Grateful Dead, Canned Heat, Budgie, Jefferson Airplane, Hawkwind, Thin Lizzy, Santana, Joe Cocker, Mountain, Spirit, Dust, Stone The Crows, Johnny Winter

Decent bands (no particular order)

Blodywn Pig, Curved Air, Atomic Rooster, Babe Ruth, Jethro Tull, Frijid Pink, The James Gang, Camel, Juicy Lucy, The Edgar Broughton Band, King Crimson, Traffic, Emerson Lake & Palmer

Crap bands (no particular order)

Barclay James Harvest, Uriah Heep, Man, Yes

BB - How the hell could you miss GONG off of your list?

Kev

icon_lol.gif

There's probably quite a few bands I've inadvertantly missed off my list - Gong being one of them. Magick Brother is a great album! icon_cool.gif

sh*t - i missed off the bar steward IRONY thing!

247.gif

kev

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I hated Gong in the 70's, but I like the Magick Brother album now - funny how your tastes change over the years. Even more embarrassing is, I liked some of Uriah Heep's stuff back then icon_eek.gif Can't listen to them at all now.

Some more bands who were around back in those days: -

Amazing Blondel, Amon D??l, Amon D??l II, Black Widow, Fat Mattress, Captain Beefheart, Caravan, Colosseum, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Quatermass, Quintessence, Soft Machine, Spring, Tangerine Dream, Van Der Graaf Generator, Vanilla Fudge, Wishbone Ash, Frank Zappa

• 3 weeks later...

.If you make it to the gig and you are a fan I know you won't be disappointed. Jason is a top drummer. Page's playing will not have deteriorated. On the contrary he would of improved..matured. He will slot back into the style of the earlier years and sling in a bit of his newer style to keep everyone happy. JPJ is a extraordinary musician...read his history...he cuts it anytime. Plant is unfortunately the weakest link. The higher registers will not be heard....he won't try them. He will drop an octave which will throw some of the audience. Saying that his delivery will be spot on... Big plus these days is the sound quality. Onboard gear and the desk mix will be 20 times better then 1975. Lights will be good and the crowd will be whipped up...wish I was there. Enjoy if you make it.

My Dad has tickets.

He is the happiest man alive, im jealous but utterley thrilled for him.

They are his fave band ever and this means so much to him. I will get him to take pics and i'll post em here.

here's who I am going to see on SAturday night in Boca Raton Fl

Jefferson Starship

Big Brother and the HOlding Co

Tom Constanten

Quicksilver Messenger Service

It's a Beautiful Day

gonna be interesting as none of the bands are intact from the original days but still ...

Archived