• Cech
    • Ferreira
    • Terry
    • Kalou
    • Pizarro
    • Ben Haim
    • Bridge
    • Ben Haim

I went for Alex...made a lot of good tackles and interventions and stood up to the plate when jt went off...pity he had ben haim alongside him...none of the forwards deserved it...sheva looked sharp when he had the ball but wasn't found enough, joe and swp were disappointing, lamps gave the ball away a lot as did mikel, who passed it backwards more than he did forwards, maka was invisible, ashley was ok, paulo ok, cech had a mare with their goal...jt was looking good until that ba*tard crocked him

I'm going to give my vote to A.Cole, he had to deal with a very hostile atmosphere and I thought throughout the game he played well. He also gave Fabregas a dig at the end which he gets my respect for.

Alex also impressed me, sadly SWP can't finish or cross actions1.gif

Apart from the scary header back towards the goal from Alex he looked quite good. Was also slightly impressed by Ben Haim when he came on. I honestly thought our defence would fall apart when JT went out but that didn't happen.

Not sure who to vote for today as nobody had a great game. I was impressed by Mikel the way he played towards the end. When Lampard failed to push the team forward young Obi-Wan stepped up and tried to get us forward.

I think I'll go with Mikel today. He wasn't great, but he tried to lead the team and I like that.

I though Ashley Cole was a clear MOTM today, followed by Ferreira. I also thought Sheva had a good game despite being starved of service by a decidedly ineffective Joe Cole and SWP hwoever he should have buried that header - there was absolutely no need to header it into the ground, aim it at the corner with power and it would have sailed past Almunia.

Very telling that JT,Lamps and Joey have zero votes.

With Joey and Lamps, yes. But JT played like half an hour and I think that that's the reason why he hasn't got any votes.

In my oppinion he did quite well up until he got injured. Had he played the entire game (or atleast longer) then I might have given my vote to him.

The most glaring miss was by SWP, again and from just about the 6 yard box, couldn't even hit the goal.

Quite a good game to watch, but their fullbacks were outstanding in keeping JC and SWP quiet. Battle in the central midfield was fantastic, but Maka showed his age, Essien would have helped.

Once we went a goal down it was always going to be tough. I went for Mikel, who looked strong and at home without ever threating to win the game on his own.

Sheva, for me. Lively and some great chances. I also think it should be between he and Alex as to who takes our free kicks anymore. Lamps just sin't cutting it on all levels; is he tired, is he thinking about elsewhere, is he about one more bad game away from being dropped? I think yes to all

Sorry folks but I've got to say it. How anyone can give Shevchenko MOTM on that paltry performance is unbelievable. He wasn't the worst player on display, SWP or Joe Cole have that honour, but he sure didn't cause the Arsenal back line any problems. 1 speculative shot from distance, 1 reasonably struck free kick which Almunia was overly flashy in dealing with, and a real chance from a header which he got totally wrong by heading it into the ground! Never got in behind Toure or Gallas once all game and certainly didn't have the legs to go around them. And before someone shouts the usual Sheva excuse of "service", fair do's he never had much yesterday and the lone striker role isn't one that suits him, but there again is the bloke wholly incapable of manufacturing chances for himself?

Out of 10 I'd give him a 6 for yesterday's match and hope that Grant has another forward lined-up as soon as that transfer window opens in January.

I went for Alex as he is starting to look comfortable and thats hard when the other CB is Ben icon_wink.gif

Ash had a good game but doubt the Gooners care as Clichey seems to have settled in there ok icon_twisted.gif

Joey, Sweep and Lamps all seemed below par Paulo and Mikel done well.

Archived