Get Rid of Drogba

TrueBlue89

I think Chelsea should just sell Drogba now, because, even though he has been one of our star players this season and last season. He has not been loyal to us since good old Jose has left.

He keeps saying he wants to leave and he isn't happy because Jose made him feel welcome. I think we should just get rid him now.

He is really starting to annoy keep saying he is not happy actions1.gif

Madness to sell him now, especially as he is the one player who could power us to Champion's League victory. Maybe doesn't want to stay, but he will always do his best on the pitch till he leaves. If he signs out of his CFC career with a Quad of medals, good luck to him.

No, thank you. We should try to make him stay. Who knows if he is happy or not? He is one of the best strikers in the world, in top 3 I would say. Why would we want to get rid of him?

He says lot of things and press makes it sound, maybe, something else. As long as he is still here we need to be positive about it and hope he'll play as much as he can.

I think we should just get rid him now.

He is really starting to annoy keep saying he is not happy actions1.gif

My missus is always saying the same thing.

I'd love to try your solution, but I think it would upset the kids.

Great idea about Drogba though. How about we sell him to Tottenham?

But it is still sad that many present players don't play with their heart for the team

I agree but you cant expect them to care as much as pre roman. Lots of players just sign for the money now... It's sad but it's life. Drogba wears his heart on his sleeve, one of the reasons he is such a big player is because of his personality. He even admitted to diving, which is something a player never does. I'm not at all surprised that his alliance was with JM rather than Chelsea. JM brought loathing and respect to CFC. Only one of those can be bought.

There is absolutely no doubting it without Drogba we have a brilliant team, capable of winning the EP, FA, CC & CL !

But it would be so much easier to achieve WITH him NOT without him !

Do you watch Chelsea play or what ? Surely if you do you can see he is reliable for 20+ goals every season.

Dont you want us to score or what ? 317.gif

Sure Drogba may comlpain and cause everyone to detest him at times, but at the end of the day when he scores 20+ goals you'll want him to stay. And if Drogba left, Sheva's game would not be any different there's no comparison there-Drogba is a fantastic striker. He's a hard talent to duplicate. I'm just waiting for him to come back and play along wih Anelka. And if he wants to go elsewhere, he'll end up on the bench as a sub, so it'd be wise for him to stay here with a guaranteed starting spot on the squad for every game.

And if he wants to go elsewhere, he'll end up on the bench as a sub, so it'd be wise for him to stay here with a guaranteed starting spot on the squad for every game.

I really can't think of a single club where Drogba wouldn't be first choice. He is probably the most complete and feared striker in the world and we would be foollish to sell him unless he actualy asks to go. I for one hope Drogba stays as long as possible as I think he fits our team perfectly and I can't think of another striker that would be a suitable replacement, who will score goals as well as working as hard for the team and being as effective as Drogba.

Selling Drogba now would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Irrespective of whether he wants to leave or not there is no denying he gives 100% come match day and that is exactly what we need from him. As long as he is doing that then we would be insane to sell him before the summer.

We are in the hunt for four trophies right now (the only British team in that position) and what we need more than anything is a strong squad. Up till now we have managed, against the odds, to keep up with the pace despite missing a ridiculous number of players for reasons that are out of the club's control. It would make no sense at all to choose to reduce the quality of the squad by selling one of its mst effective players in the middle of the season.

he will be gone in the summer and we should accept that...while I would hate to see it, if he is going to do a gallas on us then I'd rather we got a massive fee in the summer than do a stupid deal like we did in 2006. Besides, with his increasing knee problems we might be able to do a robben and get silly money for a player struggling for fitness

Well unless something happend last night he is here untill the summer at the very least and thank god. As has been said we have alot of throphies to play for THIS season so although Sheva looked good before his injury and Anelka has come in we still NEED Drogba.

I think we should then do everything to keep him in the summer because he is probably the best Centre forward in the world right now, certainly his game is better suited to the Prem than any other i can think of, and even if JM does turn up at the San Ciro maybe we could convince him that the grass is'nt always greener. I'd even consider a new contract to keep him because it would cost the earth to replace him and the new man might not work, at least straight away.

he will be gone in the summer and we should accept that...while I would hate to see it, if he is going to do a gallas on us then I'd rather we got a massive fee in the summer than do a stupid deal like we did in 2006. Besides, with his increasing knee problems we might be able to do a robben and get silly money for a player struggling for fitness

Agreed although I am never one to worry about how much cash we make, it really isn;t a problem for us and as such it shouldn't be a factor.

I would be sorry to see him go but like many of us on this forum and am sick a tired of his constant griping about our club, it can't be good for team morale. I also have a slight suspicion that we may have got the best out of him (he turns 30 next month). I can forsee it being a similar situation to Henry at Arsenal where against the odds, we actually thrive without our talismanic striker.

Most importantly, I want players who have Chelsea in their hearts. If not, then they can f**k off! No-one is bigger than the club (as even Jose found out to his cost).

We won't sell him and he wont go...

Remember Nicks opening interview with Chelsea... wise wise words :

The striker is currently away on international duty in the African Nations Cup but Anelka intends to persuade him to stay when he returns.

Anelka said: "I think when he comes back I will speak with him because he doesn't know anything about what happens when you leave England.

"I know because I did it and I know when I was outside of England and the Premier League it was hard. I would tell him to stay because he will not find what he has at Chelsea and in England anywhere else.

"I spoke with him yesterday and I told him I'm looking forward to playing with him. I don't know what he thinks about his future but I will tell him to stay and we can be good together.

"I did it before, I know what happened in my life. I will speak to him and try to explain what happens when you leave.

"He is a big star in England and a big star in Chelsea and everybody loves him. It's up to him if he decides to leave - what can you do? - but I will tell him not to."

Anelka believes the timing would be wrong if Drogba decided to leave.

"He's 29 I think and if he wants to come back it's going to be very difficult. I did it when I was 20 so I could come back," he said.

"He's nearly 30, so if he signs somewhere and he regrets it, it's very difficult to come back.

"I don't regret leaving Arsenal, I knew what I had to do. When Real Madrid come to you, it's difficult to say no.

"You never know what will happen in your future. I did what I had to do and I'm just happy because I won the Champions League. I have no regrets. Life is like that."

Anelka was branded 'Le Sulk' earlier in his career for his moody persona but the former Arsenal, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester City, Fenerbahce and Bolton player insists the tag was unjust.

Anelka added: "It was more outside of football than football. People were talking about my character.

"I think it was wrong because if you ask all the players I played with they would never say anything wrong about me.

"I don't like to speak too much. Maybe people thought it was arrogance or something but I was very young and couldn't speak good English so it was very difficult for me.

"I knew I couldn't stay very long in Spain. You can't do anything. You drive, people recognise you, you go to a restaurant and you have paparazzi outside. I prefer the life in England.

"In Spain it was hard outside the pitch so I couldn't play well on it. I knew I couldn't stay any longer.

"In England it's different. I like England and I like the way players live their life here. When I'm happy outside I'm happy in my football."

Oh totally agree with Nic's sentiments. I believe that Drogba would regret leaving more than we would regret his going.

Sounds a bit too deep but if he'd thought of this over in every aspect he is better of with Chelsea. He can make himself a legend in a club that is recording its glory years as we speak, he is loved here, he lives here, he can and will win trophies here, he makes the best money here, he will play here+all that Anelka said. He should stay and I'm hoping that he does.

Archived