Kudos to Grant

Butch

I'm one who has criticized Grant enough on these forums, and I still don't believe he is good enough for a club of our stature and aspirations. However, what he did yesterday in leading us to a win over Arsenal was impressive. If he can keep up that kind of performance, I'll be happy to eat my hat.

Cheers,

Butch

it was very impressive. and made the morons singing you dont know what your doing shut right up. it was the exact thing he needed to do. i was with a dipper and a manc, and they were laughing their arses of at our so called fans. i was embarassed. so well done you lizard looking bugger....

Credit where credits due, i can't stand the fact that he is in charge of the side and after wednesday night i was absolutely fuming, but yesterday's tactical substitutions came off, so well done.

Also i doubt anyone wanted Jose to go, but the reality is he is no longer in charge of this club, so all the chanting of his name during games to get to the club is Fu**ing pointless, especially at this stage of the season when the players and AG need the fans to be right behind the side.

Never boo a blue.

Yeah all of the above - the 4-4-2 was the right choice since we had to go for the win and due respect to him for having the courage to do it. Even if we hadn't got the 2nd and it had ended a draw I for one would not have criticised him for his subbing and hopefully he's learnt that you can have control of a match (I thought we clearly had their measure and dictated the play and were more dangerous right up to their freakish goal which I might add I don't blame any one for - just a freakish angled glance really) but if it's not showing on the scoreboard you've got to go it and especially where Le Arse for some reason looked a lot more jaded than us on the park and especially in the final 20 minutes. Strange really given that we'd played mid-week and they hadn't.

pity he didn't show the same attacking adventure against liverscum in the league, still he seems to have learned a little...I rather we went out fighting than with a whimper

His confidence is probably quite high after Arse win so he might just repeat such a brilliantly executed changes in our tactics during games. Jose made these changes week after week, though most of the time he didn't even have to.

Yup, credit where credit's due indeed. I think many were very...sceptical..over the decision to sub Ballack, but it worked a treat so fair play Avram.

Let's just hope it was more judgement than luck and he keep this up...

clap2.gifclap2.gif

Yup, credit where credit's due indeed. I think many were very...sceptical..over the decision to sub Ballack, but it worked a treat so fair play Avram.

Let's just hope it was more judgement than luck and he keep this up...

clap2.gifclap2.gif

The bit that he got right was to switch to 4-4-2 and to bring Belletti and Anelka on. I don't think subbing Ballack and switching Essien inside really made much of a difference. He could easily have left Ballack on and taken Essien off.

Essien didn't have a good game at right back.

1 tactical decision that pays off in about 15 trys is not a bad return I suppose. As someone mentioned in another thread, 'even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut'

I've given him credit and said well done, but let's not pretend he's suddenly become gods gift to football after needing to chase a game.

Glad the players also interpreted his hand gestures to the letter aswell icon_wink.gif

I think Arsenal scoring forced the change rather than Grant planning to change it for the better.

Weither he deliver's the the league is out of our hands because we still need Manu to drop point, but getting it right more often than not would be a start or nice finish to the season.

I've said before, managers should not be learning the game at this level.

I've given him credit and said well done, but let's not pretend he's suddenly become gods gift to football after needing to chase a game.

Thats funny, because while I see a number of posters say "kudos to grant for a good match", I don't see anyone suggesting that he is god's gift to football or even a world class manager. I guess im getting senile in my old age, maybe you could point out to me where that has been suggested.

Give him credit while it's due. However playing 442 is hardly rocket science, under the circustances with nothing to lose, wouldnt most managers put on a striker in place of a defensive midfielder? Anyway, first win against a 'big team', hope there are more to come this season..

Archived