• Claude Makelele
    • Michael Ballack
    • Michael Essien
    • Florent Malouda
    • Didier Drogba
    • Joe Cole
    • Juliano Belletti
    • Nicolas Anelka

Ashley cole put in a true top class performance tonight including a very cool penalty. That was the man we for swapped Gallas.

Maka seemed to be very tetchy and was lucky not to get himself sent off. Malouda played pretty well but both he and Joe didn't get up in support of Drogba enough.

Essien played well once he gave up on the full back role and just turned up wherever he fancied. I never want to see him play full back again.

OK Malouda didn't have a man of the match game out there, but he played very well for the first half, while the rest of the team was falling apart. And he cartainly put in a few crosses, out-muscled a couple of challenges to keep possession, and had great flashes of touch and flair now and again.

I hope malouda is still with us next season

A. Cole for me. He did nothing wrong defensively and put in some good backpost headers and he even managed to get past Malouda and cause the scum some problems down the wing...

OK Malouda didn't have a man of the match game out there, but he played very well for the first half, while the rest of the team was falling apart. And he cartainly put in a few crosses, out-muscled a couple of challenges to keep possession, and had great flashes of touch and flair now and again.

I must have watched a different game. He was slow, outwitted, and didn't defend for most of the first half. The only time we got forward down the left was when JC switched with him early in the second half. If he is still there next season it should be as a cone on the training pitch so Scott Sinclair can practice his dribbling skills...

scott I admire your defence, but he had a crap match IMO, to fall in line with his appalling season and his lamentable attitude.

the season is over, and the fact that in the games where malouda manages to complete 5 passes he receives special praise just about sums up his season.

I voted maka for motm, the biggest big game player I have ever seen, but jt was excellent, as were riccy and ashley cole.

fair play Sas and G4, this is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinnions. I like Malouda, and think that he comes in for some incredibly harsh criticizm. However, just as some people's dislike toward him may cause them to be over scrupulous of his contributions; maybe my fondness of him has the exact opposite effect on my criticisms of him.

I am not saying he had a great game, nor that he has contributed much this season, I just think he is a good player. I also think starting him and bringing Kalou on (a player I like better than Malouda) later, was the right way to do things. However, I think Kalou should have been brought on a LOT earlier

I must have watched a different game. He was slow, outwitted, and didn't defend for most of the first half. The only time we got forward down the left was when JC switched with him early in the second half. If he is still there next season it should be as a cone on the training pitch so Scott Sinclair can practice his dribbling skills...

clap2.gifclap2.gif

Jesus Sas. Top man. I can go to bed and leave it to you.

You're on fire.

Cech - Fantastic double-save from Tevez and Carrick to keep Chelsea in the game in the first half. Kept his nerve to saved Ronaldo's penalty. 8

Essien - Picked above Belletti at right-back but he was given a rough ride by Ronaldo, who also rose above him at the back post to head United's opener. However, it was his scuffed shot that deflected into the path of Lampard for Chelsea's equaliser. 6

Terry - Looked as solid as ever, although was shown up for pace by Tevez on the break in the first half. Somehow deflected Giggs' goal-bound effort over the crossbar in extra-time, but the night was to end in bitter disappointment with his spot-kick slip. 8

Carvalho - Booked for an ugly lunge on Ronaldo just before the break, but solid otherwise. 7

A Cole - Showed no sign of the ankle injury he suffered in the final training session on Tuesday, and was rarely beaten by Rooney, although was unable to get forward in support of his team-mates. 7

Makelele - Booked for an early clash in the air with Scholes, and

offered plenty of defensive stability although predictably nothing going forward as Chelsea pushed for a second after the break. 7

Ballack - Had a good chance with a free-kick on the edge of the box just before half-time, but curled his effort over the bar. Came into the game strongly after the break as he and Lampard took control of the midfield. Set up Lampard's effort off the crossbar in extra-time with a superbly-disguised pass. 8

Lampard - Was on hand to slot home from inside the box for Chelsea's equaliser and was a key player as Chelsea pushed hard in the second half. Hit the bar with a shot on-the-turn shortly into extra-time. 7

J Cole - Anonymous in the first half as United dominated possession, although he came to life a little as the game went on. Was involved in a long, tetchy tussle with Evra and came down with cramp in extra-time. 6

Molouda - Was unable to get into the game in the opening 45 minutes, although he came into it more after the break as Chelsea improved. Went down in the box with 15 minutes to go claiming a penalty for Ferdinand's challlenge, but his appeal was rejected. 6

Drogba - Went down holding his back in the first half after landing awkwardly following a header, and made very little impact on the game until he struck the outside of the post with a curling effort from just outside the box with 10 minutes to play. Sent off for his part in an ugly scuffle at the end of the match, a little slap on Vidic. 3

Subs

Kalou - Brought on at the start of extra-time for Malouda, but did nothing to change the game. 5

Anelka - Came on in the first-half of extra-time, but barely touched the ball - until he stepped up to see his decisive penalty saved by Van der Sar. 5

Archived