Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

14 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

A concerned Eddie McCreadie ¨, Chelsea.. Art Print

Eddie McCreadie, Chelsea manager, inspects the surface water on the pitch at Stamford Bridge with groundsman George Anstiss. February 1977.

It was not unusual for the teams to play on a pitch like this back in the 70's. Amazing

I thought that this was their allotment!

Yeah pitches were often like this back in the 1970s.

The old Baseball Ground at Derby was often really bad from about late October!

bryan-pop-robson-of-chelsea-has-a-shot-at-goal-during-preseason-in-picture-id97455158?s=594x594

Bryan 'pop' Robson, only a few of us will remember him playing for Chelsea

bryan-pop-robson-of-chelsea-has-a-shot-at-goal-during-preseason-in-picture-id97455158?s=594x594

Bryan 'pop' Robson, only a few of us will remember him playing for Chelsea

15 appearances with 3 goals for us in 1982/83. He was a very very good player and yet never won a full England cap.

Associate him with Sunderland and West Ham.

Think Peter Osgood and Pop Robson would have been a great front two for us in the late 60s and 70s.

21 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Or show him videos of how the legendary Jock Wallace used to carry out training methods. They were tough. 

There is footage of Jock Wallace at Leicester City . He had a sand dune built for a pre season training session!

The Rangers players of the 1970s named a sand dune at Gullane in the East of Scotland , ' Murder Hill ' and pre session breakfasts from unsuspecting new players would reappear near it...

6 minutes ago, erskblue said:

There is footage of Jock Wallace at Leicester City . He had a sand dune built for a pre season training session!

The Rangers players of the 1970s named a sand dune at Gullane in the East of Scotland , ' Murder Hill ' and pre session breakfasts from unsuspecting new players would reappear near it...

I've seen the footage of the training at Leicester. I wonder if he could get away with that now. He did his National Service in the Kings Own Scottish Borderers and served in the Malayan Jungles. Guess he got a lot of ideas for training from his time in the army. There is a wonderful clip of him being interviewed after a Scottish League Cup Final. He gave the interviewer a tough time.

13 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

So many memories of the West Stand. I reckon it became a bit of a chaps hangout a season after Gate 13 got going- 83 ish, Can recall when we had Pompey Xmas 83; was in Gate 13, an old hand I was sitting close to was pretty dismissive of the benches/ seats when Pompey came walking over- they cant do .... all that lot being his exact words.

The television gantry was above. Cant remember how anyone accessed it?   

Had a season ticket in the west stand in 1972 and remember my Dad running up the back of the seats and fully expecting me to catch him.

I also remember the "executive" boxes at the back. I used to see one of the dancers from Pans People in there. I also remember seeing Richard Attenborough and Bill Oddie. It was right posh. 

I had a season ticket in the West Stand from 1994-1997. Moved to West Stand after the Shed End closed down. After the last game of the 1996-97 season (the last season of the old West Stand) I remember a few people trying to remove the seats. A bit of a struggle as they were bolted into the concrete. A few weeks later the seats were up for sale. At £300 each if I remember correctly. In the close season between 96/97 and 97/98 I visited the club shop and noticed a pile of the chairs at the back of the West Stand. I should have pinched one.

52 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Not a picture of Stamford Bridge but one of fans at Fulham Broadway Station (or Walham Green as it was then) after a game in 1952.

Image result for athletics at stamford bridge stadium

The walk along the pathway at the back, the pushing and jostling when the train pulled in such great memories. I never did make it into the Hibernian night club though anyone ever in there?.

7 hours ago, Boyne said:

I had a season ticket in the West Stand from 1994-1997. Moved to West Stand after the Shed End closed down. After the last game of the 1996-97 season (the last season of the old West Stand) I remember a few people trying to remove the seats. A bit of a struggle as they were bolted into the concrete. A few weeks later the seats were up for sale. At £300 each if I remember correctly. In the close season between 96/97 and 97/98 I visited the club shop and noticed a pile of the chairs at the back of the West Stand. I should have pinched one.

Posted before on here about it but i've got a west stand seat & my Aussie mate also got one & took it home to Adelaide where he's still got it.

We took them after the Leeds game(last day the west was open)

On 26/06/2017 at 23:24, bluehaze said:

19780304.jpg

Yes this was the season we played Liverpool 4 times winning both at home and losing both the away games.  Was in the Shed for both at the Bridge and at the league game away when the bus in front of ours got a brick through the window as we were ferried to the ground from the Station. I remember the press being full of headlines stating that Liverpool were coming to London for revenge when we played them at home in the league follow their 4-2 defeat in the fa cup, but of course we smashed them again. Great days that stay with us all our lives

I remember this game vividly...Peter Taylor scored two for Palace...I thought his free kick winning goal was out of this world...Butch Wilkins and Steve Wicks had brought us back to 2 2 before Taylor won it for them late on...anyone remember Malcolm Allison's hat? 

November 1976 FA Cup 5th Round Chelsea 2-3 C Palace. Peter Taylor scores two as 3rd division Palace beat Chelsea...

BzRtp1xIAAAc13K.jpg

Edited by doctorblue

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

I remember this game vividly...Peter Taylor scored two for Palace...I thought his free kick winning goal was out of this world...Butch Wilkins and Steve Wicks had brought us back to 2 2 before Taylor won it for them late on...anyone remember Malcolm Allison's hat? 

November 1976 FA Cup 5th Round Chelsea 2-3 C Palace. Peter Taylor scores two as 3rd division Palace beat Chelsea...

BzRtp1xIAAAc13K.jpg

The day of the bloke in the Northstand doing the karate kick :biggrin:

2 hours ago, doctorblue said:

BzRtp1xIAAAc13K.jpg

Certainly do, the whole of the Shed wanted to kill the c**t before the match.

20 hours ago, chelsea78 said:

Yes this was the season we played Liverpool 4 times winning both at home and losing both the away games.  Was in the Shed for both at the Bridge and at the league game away when the bus in front of ours got a brick through the window as we were ferried to the ground from the Station. I remember the press being full of headlines stating that Liverpool were coming to London for revenge when we played them at home in the league follow their 4-2 defeat in the fa cup, but of course we smashed them again. Great days that stay with us all our lives

Second biggest crowd of the day, ironically the crowd for the Orient FA Cup replay had been bigger. We had the support, just not every week

22 hours ago, chelsea78 said:

I was on the bus in front.  Didn't someone chuck a seat out the broken window and end up getting nicked.  Horrible walk back after, snidely f**kers stalking us all the way.

Edited by Peckham Blue