Vintage Blues pictures and film

16 hours ago, chi blue said:

Really thought we were off to Wembley when speedo scored early, even in defeat that is still possibly the night game that first springs to mind when thinking back, over 32 years ago and still can't describe the atmosphere that night from 2 hours before till 2 hours after, as a 15 year old at the time, It will always stay with me

Most strange as i was sat here with my dad...exact view

Edited by jim hamilton

13 November 1945: With the second world war just ended, Dynamo Moscow toured Britain. Here, the Russian players walk out on to the pitch at Stamford Bridge, carrying bouquets for their Chelsea opponents. The match was so popular that ticket touts were able to charge up to £5 for tickets that had a face-value of just 10 shillings and the official attendance of 74,496 is considered at least 25,000 short of the true attendance.

7ee07546-0eeb-4777-8e14-e28b819d8cb8-2060x1599.jpeg

Edited by doctorblue

August 1955: Chelsea display the Football League Championship trophy to fans at Stamford Bridge before the club’s opening match of the season against Bolton. Managed by the former Arsenal player Ted Drake, it was the first time that Chelsea had won the league title. The average attendance at Stamford Bridge was 48,307, the highest in the division

5258.jpg

4 hours ago, jim hamilton said:

Most strange as i was sat here with my dad...exact view

I was of a similar angle but in the shed near the tea bar with a mate, my old man and his mate, left us when We left car parked near the old gas works, they went near middle of shed. I lapped it up at school following day, as my street cred went up for being there at game. Not that I was anywhere near the pitch or anything. Different era!!

3 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Chelsea Players at Opening of Hairdressers in Chelsea 1969...strangely Marty Feldman is sitting in the centre of the group...

david-webb-right-standing-seen-here-with-fellow-chelsea-players-peter-ejnfyb (1).jpg

Marty Feldman was a Chelsea fan. I saw him at e few games in the early 70's and once sat behind him at Palace away in the FA Cup in 1970

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:31, Carshalton Blue said:

West Stand door Z, who else used to use the back of the seats like steps to climb up to the back & exit after the game.

Not exactly PC, but a quote from my pal "All Chaps No Japs" back then,

19429600_1589382304428585_85011375786569

So many memories of the West Stand. I reckon it became a bit of a chaps hangout a season after Gate 13 got going- 83 ish, Can recall when we had Pompey Xmas 83; was in Gate 13, an old hand I was sitting close to was pretty dismissive of the benches/ seats when Pompey came walking over- they cant do .... all that lot being his exact words.

The television gantry was above. Cant remember how anyone accessed it?   

41 minutes ago, pettsy said:

Marty Feldman was a Chelsea fan. I saw him at e few games in the early 70's and once sat behind him at Palace away in the FA Cup in 1970

The good thing about Marty was that if he sat at the half-way line, he could watch both sides of the pitch at the same time...

Edited by doctorblue

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 21:44, doctorblue said:

Sorry Clive but we all have the odd bad hair days... 

PA-475831.jpg

A man of many haircuts. His last season of regular play would have been 82-83, which was Speedos first year.  Cant remember the game, but was watching from the very back of the East Stand with the old man; he used to love it up there for some reason - it was lamping it down - they were both the same size and had bald patches- from up in the Gods in the  p...... rain in it was nigh on impossible to tell them apart