Romelu Lukaku

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

"I'm at a point where I have to make a good career choice. We have a new investor at Everton, and out of courtesy I will listen to what he has to say. But I have my own ideas in mind. I want to win titles."

"I have had a very good season, but it is time for me to write myself a CV. That is why I play football. I get that trophy-winning mindset from Chelsea."

PSG it is

Lukaku and Costa. Probably the least complimentary pair of strikers in top football. If Lukaku comes, Diego goes. Theres so much we need to focus on in our squad, backup striker should be way, way down the list.

Unless of course Diego wants to leave

Guest Sindre

Wow, where would you get that kind of money from......

:)

Roman will give me a loan, we got a good connection :wink:

Nice chap.

I think he would come back here, he supports the club. 

He most likely has the mindset that we may not be in Europe this year, but will be next, and we will still compete for trophies despite having a poor season.

"I got that mindset from Chelsea"  So even without CL, we'd still tempt him

Well according to the papers were confident of getting his signature but yesterday they said we weren't going to meet the fee.

I am sure i read couple months ago, there could well be quite a few add-ons still to be paid to us from the sale to Everton.  Bonuses etc,  and we would waive those monies in order to lower the fee.   I'd offer them Remy

Not sure. He is proven in the Prem but is naive. His price is probably 35m sterling not a million more.

I don't mind seeing him back but not super-excited about him either.

That's how I see it too. We sold him for 24m, so a price around 36m is the max I'd give now.

We were in a tough situation. He wasn't good enough in 14/15 to lead our line so we brought in Costa. He also didn't want to fight for his spot so he took the easy option to Everton.

I love how many fans have backed Jose's terrible management of Mata, KDB and Lukaku with the lazy "didn't want to fight for his spot" narrative regardless of the lack of opportunity they were afforded.

Instead of trusting him to play in 13/14, we kept Torres and Ba and brought in Eto ahead of him. None of them were any good that season. Then next season we brought in Costa, Drogba and Remy instead of even giving him the chance to be second choice behind Costa with substantial game time. It's not refusing to fight for his spot, it's refusing to be mugged off.

I think Lukaku is a very good player but isn't yet better than Costa. His touch isn't consistent and causes him to lose chances fairly regularly and that would only be exacerbated in a system where he's expected to play short neat link up play with the rest of our attackers. He's also generally fairly inconsistent - he missed a hatful of chances against Utd in the FA cup semi. Granted, most other strikers wouldn't have gotten into the same positions he did for the chances but as I've alluded to in other posts, I don't think our fans would forgive him for missing them. See: Sturridge and the way he was crucified for getting into good positions and forcing decent saves but not quite scoring when we played him as a CF. Given a chance and some patience he's proved his ability at Liverpool. Seems like Didi has spoilt us for strikers and anything but the finished article that lives up to his standards is crucified.

Anyway, I'd pay up to £35m for him but no more. Would probably rather we went in for Morata for the same/lower fee.

Much better options, especially for the fee he would command.

Still technically inept and also doubts about whether he could adopt a pressing style from the front. Looks a bit lazy to me, when oppo has the ball.

Higuain/Morata/Aubemayang (though would be hard) all better options.

Reported by Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblad , Lukaku took part in a fan question and answer session yesterday while on international duty ahead of Euro 2016.

During this he dropped several nuggets about Chelsea, picking five former teammates in his ideal 5-a-side team, snubbing his Everton colleagues.

Here is a selection of the dialogue...

Who is your idol? Lukaku: "As a child, Didier Drogba and he is still a great inspiration."

Which team do you play as on Playstation: Lukaku: "I play happy with Chelsea, because they defend well and are good at scoring."

Who's in your favorite five -a-side team: "Courtois, Terry, Lampard, Malouda, Drogba and myself".