Hiddink - Staying or Going?

loz

Hididnk has again reiterated the fact that he won't be our manager next season although the Russian FA haven't discarded it as a possibility.

The more Huddink says it the more I am inclined to believe him and that is going to be disapointing as he has shown enough already to suggest he would make us very competitive next season in the title race.

Ballack and Cech have already made it clear they want him to stay

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/7940549.stm

However if it is set in stone that he will be leaving then I would hope that Kenyon and Abramovich are already giving serious thought to who will replace him. I wouldn't count out a return for Jose. I have a strong feeling he is not going to be at Inter next season and despite Just's fears about Jose taking over at United I don't think Ferguson is going to be stepping down this summer.

Hididnk has again reiterated the fact that he won't be our manager next season although the Russian FA haven't discarded it as a possibility.

The more Huddink says it the more I am inclined to believe him and that is going to be disapointing as he has shown enough already to suggest he would make us very competitive next season in the title race.

Ballack and Cech have already made it clear they want him to stay

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/7940549.stm

However if it is set in stone that he will be leaving then I would hope that Kenyon and Abramovich are already giving serious thought to who will replace him. I wouldn't count out a return for Jose. I have a strong feeling he is not going to be at Inter next season and despite Just's fears about Jose taking over at United I don't think Ferguson is going to be stepping down this summer.

Drogba has recently commited himself to the club, so I would assume he know's who the manager's going to be next season. I would hazard a guess that it'll be Hiddink and the club are playing it down out of respect for the Russian FA, but if he returns to their national team full time, I'd welcome Jose back with open arms.

Inter's over-expectation are worse than Roman's if they truly want to get rid of Jose. As much as I don't like ManU, Inter needed a lot of luck to get past United this year. They're not nearly as talented or in form.

That said, how does Jose come back to Chelsea given all that went down between him and Roman? I want him back, even more than I want Hiddink to stay, but I just don't see it happening. Of course George Steinbrenner fired Billy Martin and hired him back about 100 times. So there is that precedent. Still, if he comes back, I'd be surprised.

I am still curious to see how he will perform against Manu, Liverp**l, and the arse, but he has shown he is a top manager thus far and would be perfectly happy if he stayed.

But I am still under the impression that Jose is coming back :D

I think Hiddink seems a man of his word and don't expect him to be here next season unless he has some sort of dual role where he gives advise someway or has a different role which allows him to still be the manager of Russia.

I dont think Jose will be back and doubt Roman sees him as the golden ticket to CL success but that said nothing would surprise me.

I do think Rijkaard will be manager next season and he is a man I really don't want to manage the team I love...I'll still back him while I look forward to his replacement though.

The odd thing is we have come almost full circle in the last few years from Ranieri and our underdog status ..great on any given day but top three was a good season,

to Mourinho and the titles and expectations of winning everything with strength and spirit our best asset,

to Grants team where some of the spirit had gone but he managed to harness the Jose style of grinding out results and then to Scolari where at first the Football was great to watch and the expectations of a Chelsea that where great to watch and hard to beat to a Scolari team that had lost confidence and been found out with the style

to a Hiddink team that again are not playing great football but are playing as a team and seem to think they can win again.

what next I wonder?

It's a tough one to call. Hiddink strikes me as being an honourable man, and he has said more than once that he will leave, and I believe him, though I would like him to stay.

I too would welcome Jose back with open arms, as he should never have gone in the first place. the question remains, will he come?

If he doesn't, and Guus goes, who would be the best man for the job?

Answers on a postcard!

I think Hiddink seems a man of his word and don't expect him to be here next season unless he has some sort of dual role where he gives advise someway or has a different role which allows him to still be the manager of Russia.

I dont think Jose will be back and doubt Roman sees him as the golden ticket to CL success but that said nothing would surprise me.

I do think Rijkaard will be manager next season and he is a man I really don't want to manage the team I love...I'll still back him while I look forward to his replacement though.

The odd thing is we have come almost full circle in the last few years from Ranieri and our underdog status ..great on any given day but top three was a good season,

to Mourinho and the titles and expectations of winning everything with strength and spirit our best asset,

to Grants team where some of the spirit had gone but he managed to harness the Jose style of grinding out results and then to Scolari where at first the Football was great to watch and the expectations of a Chelsea that where great to watch and hard to beat to a Scolari team that had lost confidence and been found out with the style

to a Hiddink team that again are not playing great football but are playing as a team and seem to think they can win again.

what next I wonder?

if we're coming round full circle, then we should get a chelsea team that ARE playing well and think they can win. In theory.

There are obvious positives in a "Jose coming back to the Bridge" scenario but I don't see it happening and don't think it's the way to go. JM is a brilliant manager and a wonderful tactician with larger than life personality but he creates controversy everywhere he goes and his huge ego is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

Did I like trophies he won at Chelsea? Absolutely. But I never liked the style of football we were playing. It was effective, especially in the first two seasons, but never fun to watch. People may say: who cares as long as you're winning and I realize you can't entertain in every match and sometimes you have to grind them out but with Jose the longer he stayed the more boring and mechanical our football became.

He also wasn't happy with having less money to work with. Mourinho is a top manager but I don't think his transfer record is that great. Claudio for all his faults was much better at this and picked up a few true bargains (Cech,J.Cole,Robben).

If Mourinho comes back it'll be the same story again with the same sad ending. He didn't change, neither did Roman.

As for Hiddink, I think the only way for him to remain at Chelsea is if Abramovich and Russian FA can work out a deal where he could co-manage. With Russian national squad he only meets with players for a few days before games anyway and his assistants Borodyuk and Korneev are traveling all over the country and watched local matches rest of the time. It's not ideal, but it could work.

bang on blueday 3 , still not played scouse/arse/united and thats a big thing he must do,however, he has beat villa/knocked out juve and tactically he looks gd.

he seems an honest guy so i think he will leave but you never know you see what money does (kaka nearly at city and robinho) and roman has plenty of it.

Simple solution: Clone Hiddink!

Surely Roman can pay some crazy russian professor to do some experiements and go against God and all that is holy and create a clone out of Hiddink?

And while he's at it make a clone of José, Zola and Clarke and use them as assistant managers and/or youth team managers.

Then he can move on and make clones out of Lampard and Terry so we can substitute Lamps for Lamps in games.

Also, a clone of Cech could be nice, but I'd rather take one of him before the accident if it's possible.

Finally, a clone of Peter Kenyon! Oh...wait...

As stated, I'd like to see what Hiddink would do against the other Big clubs in the Premiership, however I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he does in the Champions League.

I like Hiddink so far, but as for next season I very much doubt Jose will be back. What I would like to see would be for us to take on a manager that we'd give some time to develop the team. however, that is probably never going to happen, and as fortunate a position as we find ourselve in (financially) I doubt that is a route the club would ever take.

I remember Laudrup's name being banded about last season, any news on him and how he's doing?

According to today's "news", RA is supposed to want a big clear out over the summer, with the older

stars like Ballack, Drogba, Deco, Belletti, Ferreira and Hilario leaving and offers to be invited

for Malouda, Ivanovic and Kalou.

Personally, I'd like Drogba and Kalou to stay.

The new manager, whoever it might be, may have to pull together a team with lots of new names in it.

Whoever he is, he will have to be a team builder.

Tickets for the first game at home next season - if it is Jose <_< - will be selling for £5k.

Mez

As stated, I'd like to see what Hiddink would do against the other Big clubs in the Premiership, however I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he does in the Champions League.

I remember Laudrup's name being banded about last season, any news on him and how he's doing?

As far as I'm concerned we have to play Arsenal away only out of 'big 4' teams and I doubt we'd enlarge our knowledge about Guus' abilities after that game, Maddy )). You knew everything about him before he joined Chelsea and no matter whether he should win trophies this year or not.

Laudrup never worked at the top team, he has nothing to do with Chelsea.

His current club Spartak Moscow was s*it, but managed to hold 3rd - 4th place before Laudrup was appointed in the mid-season. With Laudrup in charge they stayed s*it too, but felt down the table and have finished previous season at the 8th place in addition. :)

I would like Hiddink to stay involved with the club .Not that I am a great fan of it but think the club should explore a Director of Football role for him which would allow him to continue with the Russian job .

Appoint Rijkard as manager for first team affairs and have Hiddink above him as a sounding board and bridge between boardroom and manager .

Might be worth a try ………..

Spot on midlandblue - all the other times we have been linked to him (and it has only ever been media links - no firm interest confirmed) he has been in a job and not exactly a bad one at that!

This time he is available and has made it clear he is taking time out but will be after a new post for next season.

If Hiddink can't be persuaded to stay then there is a very good chance we will see Rijkaard at the Bridge.

Spot on midlandblue - all the other times we have been linked to him (and it has only ever been media links - no firm interest confirmed) he has been in a job and not exactly a bad one at that!

This time he is available and has made it clear he is taking time out but will be after a new post for next season.

If Hiddink can't be persuaded to stay then there is a very good chance we will see Rijkaard at the Bridge.

oh bugger.

Archived