Last Movie You Watched

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Dans La Maison took me completely by surprise, I wasn't expecting much but I thought it was really good

I had all my eggs in KST's basket, but it was a good film (film not movie)

KST = Kristin Scott Thomas

I've seen just the first one as I've heard the sequels are just about the worst movies ever made(I doubt they actually are, but that's the impression I get when my mates have talked about them). I thought the first one was just about worth watching once, but nothing special.

I was in the same boat...I hadn't seen the Matrix, but it has had the pop culture hype for more than a decade. I enjoyed it enough, but the movies get worse. Watched the third film this evening...meh

I was in the same boat...I hadn't seen the Matrix, but it has had the pop culture hype for more than a decade.

When it first came out I was busy doing my military service and when I finally had the opportunity to see it, all of my mates had seen it and the hype in media was in full swing, so I wasn't in any rush to see it. I finally saw it in 2000 at my mate's place (he had a top quality home cinema set up, so it was the next best thing to seeing it in cinema) and I thought some of the special effects already looked dated. It was a pop culture phenomenon the likes we haven't seen since, apart from Avatar, so I suppose in a way it could be considered a classic (of sorts).

Saw Evil Dead over the weekend.  Bad movie - gore for gore's sake, and not terrifying at all.  Dumb, more like it.

The original (which I like a lot) was very tongue-in-cheek and deliberately over the top. I'm not a fan of remakes anyway but I've heard this one takes itself way too seriously, which completely goes against the spirit of the Evil Dead movies.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody seen Quartet, and if so, would they recommend it?

Funnily enough I saw it last night, Lofty!  Yes I would recommend it strongly.  Not for young men who like action films, though, but judging from your reading, I think you might like it.

Tom Courtney, Maggie Smith, Pauline Collins and Billy Connolly - all retired musicians in a retirement home for musicians.

A gentle comedy with some wonderful acting.

I watched 'Untouchable' last night. It's a French film about a no-hoper black guy who ends up looking after a paralysed man in a wheelchair. 

It's one of the best films i've ever seen. It's a very emotional film and extremely funny. I'd recommend anyone who needs cheering up to watch this.

I watched 'Untouchable' last night. It's a French film about a no-hoper black guy who ends up looking after a paralysed man in a wheelchair. 

It's one of the best films i've ever seen. It's a very emotional film and extremely funny. I'd recommend anyone who needs cheering up to watch this.

I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't heard a single bad thing about it from anyone who has seen it. I heard they're doing a Hollywood remake of it, which I suppose was just inevitable.

I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't heard a single bad thing about it from anyone who has seen it. I heard they're doing a Hollywood remake of it, which I suppose was just inevitable.

I heard that too, but it definitely won't be as good. My mate and I started watching it, not expecting much from it but by the time it finished we just looked at each other and said "that was f**king amazing". 

It is an absolutely wonderful film.  And it finishes with a scene of the real two men - because it is a real story!

Untouchable was one of my favourite films last year. It manages to be both very funny and emotionally engaging without ever feeling overly sentimental (like I would expect the potential American remake to do).

Nail on the head bluedave. It had my friend and I laughing our heads off many a time (usually something that Driss said), but was understated and gripping throughout. Those frogs know how to make a good film.

Moi dearest, have you seen Gilles Bourdos' Renoir, if so what did you think?

No, my sweet, I haven't. It hasn't come to my local cinema. But I was thinking of going to see No - now thanks to you I won't have to bother.

I went to see "Mud" the other day - interesting, but not riveting.