Top Flight Team of the Season

fester

Surpised at Johnson being in there would have had Vermalean instead, but hard to argue with the rest.

Has he really been that good? I haven't seen that many Arse matches, but I haven't seen anything from Vermaelen to suggest he'd be best of the season material.

Yes, above Ashley Cole. Maybe if Cole did not get injured, it might be a close call, but not with his injury and the solid play of the Frenchman.

Games Goals Assists

Evra 35 - 0 - 3

Cole 24 - 3 - 3

Evra was out performed despite playing 11 more games and Acole has a better GD than Evra when playing.

So why again Evra before Cole?

Probably one of the best signings of the year though?

Not really, no. Hes done ok but not really added anything to their side. I would say players like krancjar, Tevez, Hart are much better signings. Evra over Cole is a joke in my opinion, Cole had been our best player this season and was simply superb for before his injury. Evra was steady but hardly lit up the prem.

Games Goals Assists

Evra 35 - 0 - 3

Cole 24 - 3 - 3

Evra was out performed despite playing 11 more games and Acole has a better GD than Evra when playing.

So why again Evra before Cole?

Rating a defender is based primarily on that person's defensive skills. Evra is a very good defender (of course so is Cole), and in my estimation a bit better at defending that Ashley Cole. Also, the havoc caused by Evra's forward runs is hard to put a value on.

Believe me, I hate Evra, especially after his escapade last season at the end of the game, but for these things, you (and I) really need to remove our blue-colored glasses and look at things objectively, which I know can be difficult for some.

Other than having Hart in for Reina I think his team is spot on.

If you ignore the fact Cole has missed a chunk of the season run in his performances and consistency were head and shoulders above Evra. Evra definitely second best but the gap between them was substantial.

Lampard has had a shocking season by his standards.

I think people are saying that because not everything is going through him this season as it arguably did in previous years. But he is actually having his best season in terms of goals and assists i think. Hes got more than Tevez and Fabregas.

lamps is only being judged negatively because of the very high standards he has set in the past, particularly last year...of course his goal tally is high, although without checking the stats, there have been fewer than normal in the really big games...but it's his general play which hasn't been quite as good this season, but like I say it's compared with his previous efforts...with other players he still wipes the floor with them particularly stevie me

TBH Lamps done what he usually does every year (The same as any other player) had a dip in form around the November period and i think that coincided with the voting for the Premier team of the year.

He is now back to his best when it counts most, and i doubt there is a better player in this position at getting goals and giving assists in the prem (Or world) than him at the moment.

We are truly lucky to have him.....

Come on Chels, give us our first real double.

Daily Fail did their top 50 players of the season, Terry was in the high 40s, Malouda at 12, Drogs at 8, Lamps at 4 (Milner, Tevez, and Rooney ahead of him).

Not that I take too much stock in their lists because they are utter rubbish but no Ashley or Ivan? Ridic.

Also, there top 50 signings of the season, no Yuri. I wouldn't say he's a top 10 signing of the season but he's impressed enough to warrant a top 50 list ffs.

/rant

Archived