Jose, Real, and Ashley Cole

mad_mac

Just watching some Sky Sports news out here and saw a passing "back pages" story where Jose has basically admitted he is off to Real in the summer, and that his first order of business is to sign Ashley Cole.

Took a look on the Sky site, and they don't seem to have anything.

Anyone else seen anything?

Real Madrid has great players, but mostly offensive. Defence of "Royal" in this season seems to be uncertain, so no wonder that Florentino Perez is looking for concrete reinforcements already. The first to be hunted will be Alvaro Albeloa which, according to supporters and the board is the weakest link naszpikowanego star team.

According to latest reports the Daily Mail, Real Madrid have already made a list of names of prominent defenders left. Spaniards are seeking strong, in fact pushing for the services of Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy'ego Chelsea from Arsenal. Official reports that suggested a better idea of leadership itself Cristiano Ronaldo, who recommended Patrice Èvre from Manchester United. Transfer price is expected to be 20th million.

This begs the question whether the Portuguese has plans to "partitions" English giant? Real Santa Claus in addition to bringing Patrice Evry, strongly insists that Florentino Perez tried to capture the best shooter United Wayne Rooney. Activist supposedly supports this idea, and what happens, we'll find out in just a few months during the summer transfer window.

Everybody is waiting now for the post Alex Ferguson, coach of Manchester United. Team Scot after the departure of Ronaldo to the substantially lost its quality, cemented in England saying that "Red Devils" are currently only Wayne Rooney, without which the team looks a lot worse. It is doubtful, however, that the United boss has allowed for the departure of its two pillars, unless they were the first, if they so desire, because as you know, the slave is not an employee.

• 4 weeks later...

Reports claim that Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole is first on Real Madrid's wish list when Jose Mourinho takes over.

The former Blues boss is anticipated to compete a move from newly crowned European Champions Inter to the Bernabeu on Monday, after he meets with Real president Florentino Perez.

According to both Marca and the Daily Mail, the "Special One" hopes to bring Cole to Madrid next season as his first signing.

The England international, who Mourinho brought to Chelsea from Arsenal four years ago, is valued at about £25million.

Cole returned to action late in the campaign after breaking his ankle in February and helped Chelsea secure a Double this season, scoring four times in the process.

The 29-year-old has four years remaining on his £100,000-a-week contract at Chelsea and the Blues are certainly expected to fight to keep him at Stamford Bridge.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-l...n-Madrid-radar/

I'm not surprised to start to see the reports of A. Cole and maybe others being linked to Real since that's where it looks like Mourinho is going.

Let's hope, at least in this case, that a firm statement comes out from management that says Ashley is going nowhere. :lol:

I'm not surprised to start to see the reports of A. Cole and maybe others being linked to Real since that's where it looks like Mourinho is going.

Let's hope, at least in this case, that a firm statement comes out from management that says Ashley is going nowhere. :lol:

A year or so too early.

Next season I'd have a good serious think about it. Cole has a lot to offer, especially with his seasons being punctuated with injury.

This is Transfer Rumors Life cycle....Just like rumors are built up of some players joining us , obviously rumors in the other way would also start coming...Its just beginning of it...I think over next few days names like Lamps,Ivan,Malouda etc; would also be added in transfer rumors list.

If they offer 60 million, I would be tempted...

He is the best left back in the world...but if we consistently played Zhirkov there, I do think he could almost cover what Cole does...plus Van Aahnolt and Bertrand as back-ups.

But he is much more valuable than 25million to us. He really is excellent. But if we recieved an insane offer, we could use it to strengthen elsewhere and not rack up more debt...

to be honestt i don't see why ashley would want to play under Mourinho where his fantastic attacking ability will be restricted as it was in his early chelsea days. Ashley has really blossomed under the freedom given to him under Carlo..

If they offer 60 million, I would be tempted...

He is the best left back in the world...but if we consistently played Zhirkov there, I do think he could almost cover what Cole does...plus Van Aahnolt and Bertrand as back-ups.

But he is much more valuable than 25million to us. He really is excellent. But if we recieved an insane offer, we could use it to strengthen elsewhere and not rack up more debt...

Yup. Its gotta be a big offer, but if it is big enough I think we should consider it based on what we already have. Though I'm sure if we laughed off 25, and asked for 60, Real would just call up Ferguson and split the difference for someone like Evra.

What about this scenario. Real offer 25, and we counter with a request for 30 + Benzema or Higuain. If we were gonna get a big fee and a quality forward, I might be tempted too.

You'd think Ashley would consider it too. He's moved to Chelsea, won 5 trophies in 4 years, including the league which is a damn sight more than Arsenal have won, but the press and rival fans still detest him and the papers are always on his case. Sunny spain to early a few million with minimal taxes would sound nice nice.

30 + Higuain would be pretty alright with me I guess....then we don't even need to use the money to strengthen the forward line.

Oh, and maybe they'll throw in VDV or something as a sweetner lol

I just want to point out, I don't want Cole to leave...at all...he's a fantastic player...but we'd be silly not to consider a huge offer considering his age, and what we have on the bench.

£40Mil straight cash i would take. Zhirkov would be more than adequate as a replacement and we wouldn't have to rely on Romans money to buy to strengthen. If this was Le arse or Man U i am sure they would take it. Every player has his worth and if Madrid want to pay that sort of money for him (29 too) i think that is too good to turn down.

This is Transfer Rumors Life cycle....Just like rumors are built up of some players joining us , obviously rumors in the other way would also start coming...Its just beginning of it...I think over next few days names like Lamps,Ivan,Malouda etc; would also be added in transfer rumors list.

according to goal.com drogs,lamps,ashley gerrard and torres is also linked with jose in real.

But everybody knows that it is only ashley who is likely to move to real out of those 5 players. Hopefully :) even though it would be a big lose to see ashley off to real...

I can't believe some of you are considering this. Why would we sell the best left back in the world? That's like Man U selling Rooney because they gave a good offer, or Arsenal selling Fabregas and RVP because of good offers. It's just not on. Never in a million years would I sell Ashley.

I can't believe some of you are considering this. Why would we sell the best left back in the world? That's like Man U selling Rooney because they gave a good offer, or Arsenal selling Fabregas and RVP because of good offers. It's just not on. Never in a million years would I sell Ashley.

Agreed. Zhirkov is decent cover for Ashley but is not in the same league as him on a week in week out basis. Cole could easily be our Cafu and play late into his 30s and still perform at the highest level.

Yup. Its gotta be a big offer, but if it is big enough I think we should consider it based on what we already have.

Ooooooooh, and I thought you was ok for a yank.

Seriously we dont need the money, any amount, we have the best LB under contract, so tell Madrid and whoever else asks, to f**k RIGHT OFF ! ......scuse my cockney.

I just realised today that we could potentially draw them as second seed in the Champions League groups. That'd be a fun set of circumstances...

I cant wait to see us play them, remember Christina doesnt usually perform much against us, he goes missing up Essiens arse. The thought of us dumping Jose's Madrid out of the chumps league....... priceless.

Archived