Shed end End of season awards

dkw

I was wondering, should we have a shed end awards at the end of seasons, we could run it as a poll for best player, best young player, most improved, moment of the season etc.

Here is last years awards..

http://www.theshedend.com/index.php?showto...9&hl=awards

1. Best Chelsea Player:

2. Worst Chelsea Player:

3. Best Opposing Player:

4. Best Opposing Team

5. Worst Opposing Team

6. Best Team Performance:

7. Worst Team Performance:

8. Best Individual Performance:

9. Most Improved Player:

10. Best Signing 2009/20010:

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010:

12. Best Chelsea Goal:

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us:

14. Best Game

15. Worst Game

16. Defining Moment Of The Season

17. Disappointment Of The Season

18. Player You Want Sold:

19. Player You Want Bought:

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011:

Now the season is officially over guess its all good to do this then.

1. Best Chelsea Player: Didier

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Joe Cole, not so much the worst but more the most disappointing bar a couple glimpses

3. Best Opposing Player: Wesley sneijder

4. Best Opposing Team: Inter

5. Worst Opposing Team: Sunderland

6. Best Team Performance: Aston Villa

7. Worst Team Performance: Wigan 3-1

8. Best Individual Performance: Drogba against arsenal (either match)

9. Most Improved Player: Flourent/ branislav

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Yuri

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: Turnbull

12. Best Chelsea Goal: tough, there so many to choose from. Guess its the one that Drogba scores after lamps does that outrageous flick to set up the assist. Notable mention to Ashley vs sunderland and lampard when he dinked it in with the outside of his boot from the tight angle against stoke.

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: probably milito's goal in the CL, struggling to think of too many good ones against us.

14. Best Game: Aston Villa/ Wigan/ arsenal/ arsenal

15. Worst Game: Wigan loss or draw against hull

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: The obvious one is the United game however I think it was the moment David James missed the ball and allowed Drogba to score his easiest goal of the season, We had been really struggling to break pompey down at that point, once that goal went in we went on to win 5-0 and that started the momentum that got us through the most important phase of the season.

17. Disappointment Of The Season: getting knocked out of the CL

18. Player You Want Sold: hmm guess just the older guys in the team

19. Player You Want Bought: Sergio Aguero!! Should we sign him I will literally have ordered a chelsea shirt with his name on it before the announcement is over.

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: 1) back to back prem titles 2) Win the damn CL, get the monkey off the back 3) Make it two seasons with one manager!!

Seems sals has kicked us off might as well add mine for what it's worth

1. Best Chelsea Player:

Didier. Not sure how many goals it was in the finish, but it was a lot. Always seemed dangerous, fewer games where he wasn't really interested than in recent years. Great season, beginning to cement himself as one of the club's greatest ever forwards. Malouda did well but only after we switched to 4-3-3. When he got sent off at Birmingham I was so enraged I could have sold him to them that night.

2. Worst Chelsea Player:

Belletti. In fairness didn't play a lot, but the shooting boots have been put away and all he seems to do now is give away penalties in important matches.

3. Best Opposing Player:

Tevez. Hate the guy but he played superbly in both games against us.

4. Best Opposing Team

Undoubtably Inter. If they win the CL next weekend it'll mean that we've been knocked out by the winner of the tournament 5 out of the last six times.

5. Worst Opposing Team

Arsenal, we took them to school twice. They call us boring and thugs, but what they wouldn't give for "One Nil to the Arsenal" now. Emirates quickly becoming the new Three Point Lane.

United away. We ran all day closed them down and did everything right. We may have won other games by more, but I don't think we came close to matching the intensity of performance that day.

Villa 1-3. I said we looked arrogant and complacent at the time and we've repeated that on a few occasions but never as badly.

Could have been Malouda against West Ham or Villa, he was just on fire. Everytime he ran at a defender he looked every bit of the class we thought he had when we bought him.

9. Most Improved Player:

Ivan, Mr Consistancy. Barely had a bad game despite playing out of his favoured position. Crossing still needs work, but will be tough for Bossy to get back in next season. Might have added Kalou who came good towards the finish, but after the cup final well I'll need to see a bit more

Not many options, but I'll go with Sturridge. Looks like a genuine goal scorer, will be good for us if we can keep his ego in check. Did everything asked of him during the season and cost a lot less than Yuri, who honestly was a bit of a luxury buy given we have first teamers already in the positions he plays

Again not a lot of choice, noone really flopped I suppose. I noticed sals picked Turnbull but he didn't play really and was always going to be third choice, couldn't do much about Eto'o's missile at home against Inter.

12. Best Chelsea Goal:

Quite a few, loved Ash's goal from the Terry assist, also Joe's flick against United as well as Drog's finish from the Lampard flick.

There weren't many good ones, mostly down to comedy capers defending at set pieces, poor clearances and penalties. Maybe Eto'o at the Bridge.

14. Best Game

United away is the one that stands out, so tense that day, loved getting the win.

15. Worst Game

City at home. After all the debacle I wanted us to belt them, and in the end we shipped four for the first time in a long time.

1-1 Blackburn away. It was only after this that we had a real look at ourselves after the JT debacle. Without this result, it might have been entirely different.

The true end of the Three Point Lane love affair. The other couple could have been a blip, but two in a row says it's no longer the case. Also not turning up againt Inter second leg at home.

18. Player(s) You Want Sold:

Usuals. Belletti, Percy (thought it pains me), Paulo who we can't fit in under the new rules.

Not sure, someone to take us to the next level, someone who can step up for Didier or Frank when other teams neutralise them. Wouldn't be unhappy with Aguero.

(1) Spurs to go back down the table where they belong, but Liverpool to also stay down there somewhere as well. (2) To keep banging in the goals (3) A rematch with Mourinho, to prove some points that should have been proven this season.

1. Best Chelsea Player: Didier Drogba

2. Worst Chelsea Player: I dont know if its fair to give this to him, but Paulo.

3. Best Opposing Player: Tevez seemed to kill us this season

4. Best Opposing Team:Inter, definitely

5. Worst Opposing Team: I didnt really know what to say, but Arsenal is a good shout. They just looked overmatched for 90 mintues in both games.

6. Best Team Performance: I would say the 7-2 hammering of Villa because we were playing a good side and were level in that game after half an hour. And then they just went into another gear.

7. Worst Team Performance: Chelsea 2-4 Man City. Just a disaster top to bottom, especially with team Bridge-gate

8. Best Individual Performance: Frank's four goals against Villa

9. Most Improved Player: Ashley Cole went from excellent to best LB in the world, so he gets a mention. But I vote Florent Malouda given how much we doubted him in previous years

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Yuri Zhirkov. When the time came, he played his role and he played it well

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: Was there one? Seemed like everyone pulled their weight

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Honorable mentions to the team goal against Sunderland where Deco scored it after four touches in the box. Also, right there with that one was Ashley Cole against Sunderland. But my favorite was Drogba's second against Arsenal at home, where he just plowed forward and went through about 4 players before spanking it in.

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Probably Bale's at three point lane. Definitely the most gutting I can recall.

14. Best Game: 0-2 @ Old Trafford, to retake the league lead

15. Worst Game: Spurs away was hardest to take, because I thougut we were gonna throw the league away

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: Winning at Anfield because it confirmed to me that this season would be different from past near misses

17. Disappointment Of The Season: There were few all season, but getting knocked out of Europe was definitely one.

18. Player You Want Sold: Paulo Ferreira with a thank you for his years of loyal service

19. Player You Want Bought: AGUERO AGUERO AGUERO (or David Villa if Spain are all out of Agueros)

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: 1. A league title repeat 2. A fully fit Michael Essien 3. The Champions League (i'm not too bothered about the competition, but I want to see this group of players win it once before they are past their prime)

HM: Crushing City and Spurs by a combined margin of 20 goals

]1. Best Chelsea Player: Didier Drogba. World class footballer at the peak of his powers. Incredible.

2. Worst Chelsea Player: I would have like to have seen Joe Cole and Kalou provide better cover for Drogba, Anelka and Malouda.

3. Best Opposing Player: Wayne Rooney.

4. Best Opposing Team Manchester United.

5. Worst Opposing Team Cardiff.

6. Best Team Performance: 7-1 Aston Villa.

7. Worst Team Performance: Everton 2-1. Started so well but capitulated once they took equalized.

8. Best Individual Performance: Ashley Cole at the Emirates.

9. Most Improved Player: Alex. I had him down as a bit clumsy at times but he's done really well this season.

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Sturidge. Might not have proven it this season but he will establish himself. Fantastic prospect.

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: None.

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Malouda vs Villa and Drogba vs Bolton.

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Eto'o. Fantastic ball from Sneijder and powerful finish.

14. Best Game: Utd away.

15. Worst Game: Chelsea 0 Inter 1

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: Blackburn 1 Chelsea 1

17. Disappointment Of The Season: Going out of the Champions League without much of a fight.

18. Player You Want Sold: Kalou

19. Player You Want Bought: Aguero or Hamsik

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011:Retain the league, continue to play good football and no cotroversies. Sod the Chmapions League and their incompetent refs.

1. Best Chelsea Player: For me, Ivan. He's a natural centre back, and for him to slot in at right back and do the job he did all this season is nothing short of sensational. Shout out to Drogba and Malouda too, mind.

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Probably Belletti this season. He never instilled me with much confidence this season, and he played maybe 4 times since Januray, and given away 2 penalties, one of which was crucial. Sorry Belletti, I'm afraid this is my goodbye, but thanks for that goal against Spuds!

3. Best Opposing Player: Tevez was immense in both games against us.

4. Best Opposing Team: Inter, by far.

5. Worst Opposing Team: Wigan (8-0) were pretty hopeless.

6. Best Team Performance: Stood by this for months and months - Arsenal 0 Chelsea 3. We were sensational.

7. Worst Team Performance: Chelsea 2 Citeh 4.

8. Best Individual Performance: Lamps against Villa, possibly.

9. Most Improved Player: Malouda, country mile.

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Zhirkov as he's the only one who's had a chance to prove himself, but he did fill in excellently for Ashley.

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: Turnbull, I'm afraid.

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Ash v Sunderland. Stunning goal.

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: The only one that springs to mind is Parker's at the Bridge....

14. Best Game: Arsenal 0 Chelsea 3.

15. Worst Game: Chelsea 2 Citeh 4.

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: Manure 1 Chelsea 2. Just an immense performance, this was the game where I thought we'd win the league for the first time.

17. Disappointment Of The Season Losing to Spuds, probably. We were hopeless, and it was the Spuds. *shivers*

18. Player You Want Sold: Only one? Belletti.

19. Player You Want Bought: I'm with Westway - AGUERO!

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: We win the league comfortably rather than the last day, win the Champions League, the journo's finally see our true quality.

Excellent idea.

1. Best Chelsea Player: Ivanovic for his consistent excellency

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Hilario - single-handedly cost us 3 points against Citeh and never inspired confidence

3. Best Opposing Player: Snejder, closely followed by Tevez

4. Best Opposing Team in a single game - Tottenham away; over two games - United

5. Worst Opposing Team in a single game - Stoke at home; over two games - Arsenal and Sunderland

6. Best Team Performance: United away

7. Worst Team Performance: Tottenham away

8. Best Individual Performance: Drogba against Liverpool at home

9. Most Improved Player: Ivanovic

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Zhirkov

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Drogba's against Bolton

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Aguero at Atletico away

14. Best Game from a neutral's point of view - Everton at home

15. Worst Game Burnley away

16. Defining Moment Of The Season the win at Old Trafford

17. Disappointment Of The Season losing to Inter in the second leg

18. Player You Want Sold: Deco

19. Player You Want Bought: Aguero

( I take it that means aside from us winning everything )

1. Sturridge to score 5 in the Premiership.

2. Mikel to score from long-range.

3. Arsenal and Liverpool to keep their managers.

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: We win the league comfortably rather than the last day, win the Champions League, the journo's finally see our true quality.

I don't think that is possible even in my next birth :).

Unbiased journalism is nearly impossible in these days so don't keep much expectations.

Going further I would say I enjoy it a lot ,winning the honors while whole media is conspired against us.

And we are getting respect from supporters of other teams inside and outside of England..thats quite a achievement after winning a superb double

1. Best Chelsea Player: I always tend to vote for Lamps in times like these, but I think I need to go with Didier. He won so many matches for us single-handedly, and to have that goal tally after missing games for the ACN, it's pretty damn impressive.

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Hilario, followed by Belletti, although no one really stuck out that much to me.

3. Best Opposing Player: Sneijder and Tevez were good, but I'll be different and say Aguero, his brace against us is something I keep remembering.

4. Best Opposing Team in a single game - Inter, probably the champions of Europe.

5. Worst Opposing Team in a single game - Stoke

6. Best Team Performance: Man U 1 - 2 Chelsea

7. Worst Team Performance: Tottenham away

8. Best Individual Performance: Lamps against Villa

9. Most Improved Player: Ivan

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: N/A

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Deco to Lampard to Drogba (Bolton?), ball doesn't touch the ground, brilliant

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Aguero's free kick

14. Best Game from a neutral's point of view - A lot of my friends were pretty entertained by the 7 and 8 goal matches.

15. Worst Game - City at home

16. Defining Moment Of The Season - 2-1 at OT

17. Disappointment Of The Season - Knocked out of the CL

18. Player You Want Sold: Carvalho

19. Player You Want Bought: Aguero

1. Retain the League

2. Lamps to hit 20 again

3. Champion's League

1. Best Chelsea Player: Ivanovic

2. Worst Chelsea Player:Ballack

3. Best Opposing Player: Tevez

5. Worst Opposing Team: Stoke

6. Best Team Performance: Chelsea-AV 7-1

7. Worst Team Performance: Chelsea-Man City 2-4

8. Best Individual Performance: Lamps againsit Villa at home

9. Most Improved Player: Ivan

10. Best Signing 2009/2010: Yuri

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: none

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Deco vs Sunderland

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Zenden

14. Best Game: Arsenal away

15. Worst Game: City home

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: 2-1 at OT

17. Disappointment Of The Season: Knocket out from CL

18. Player You Want Sold: Ballack

19. Player You Want Bought: Hamsik

1. Premier League

2. FA CUP

3. Champions League

1. Best Chelsea Player: Didier. How anyone can say this man is not the best striker on the planet is beyond me. Incredible.

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Ferreria

3. Best Opposing Player: Wesley

4. Best Opposing Team: Inter, although this wouldn't be the case without Mourinho's organisation.

5. Worst Opposing Team: liverpool

6. Best Team Performance: Veela home or utd away.

7. Worst Team Performance: SPURS.

8. Best Individual Performance: Lampard at home to villa or Didier against Arse (either game)

9. Most Improved Player: Malouda. Obviously.

12. Best Chelsea Goal: J.cole at OT. Massive goal.

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Eto'o, purely for the way he finished it. Being a striker myself I can say that was an outrageous finish.

14. Best Game: I would say Villa, but the atmosphere at utd was class and I don't think I've ever been so happy coming home from a game

15. Worst Game: S P U R S

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: Win at OT

17. Disappointment Of The Season: Champions league. AGAIN.

19. Player You Want Bought: Torres or kaka. Is it only me that thinks Aguero seems a bit inconsistent? Hope I'm wrong though because we will sign him this summer

Back to back prem leagues, win champions league, win FA cup :P

1. Best Chelsea Player: Didier Drogba.

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Juliano Belletti.

3. Best Opposing Player: Tevez.

4. Best Opposing Team Probably Inter or Man Utd.

5. Worst Opposing Team Sunderland or Arsenal.

6. Best Team Performance: Villa at home or Man Utd at Old Trafford.

7. Worst Team Performance: Tottenham. I was away when we played against Wigan away, so I can't say that one.

8. Best Individual Performance: Lampard's four goals.

9. Most Improved Player: Branislav Ivanovic.

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Yuri Zhirkov.

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: Ross Turnbull.

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Drogba vs Bolton away.

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Scott Parker's long range shot at SB was nice.

14. Best Game: Arsenal away.

15. Worst Game: Spurs away.

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: Beating Man Utd.

17. Disappointment Of The Season: Knocked out by Inter in the CL.

18. Player You Want Sold: Ricardo Carvalho.

19. Player You Want Bought: Get Rodwell!

- Back to back Premier League champions.

- Use even more youth.

- Win the CL.

1. Best Chelsea Player:

Drogba. A few other great seasons (Lampard, Ivanovic, Malouda all stand out) but a player who can score like Drogba is simply irreplaceable.

2. Worst Chelsea Player:

Belletti. I like him but he had a poor season. The two things I think of when I think of his season are the penalty/red card against Man City and the Penalty against Pompey in the FA Cup final. Honorable mention to Hilario.

3. Best Opposing Player:

Lucio. I'd like to give it to Samuel as well but those two played nearly perfect against what turned out to be a ferocious Chelsea attack.

4. Best Opposing Team

Inter, they are th best team in Europe. If they win the CL they will have won the Italian treble and knocked out the English double winners, the German double winners and a team that won the Spanish League and was (is) regarded as one of the finest of all time.

5. Worst Opposing Team

Against us no one really stands out but I'll go with Bolton. We beat them three times and had an aggregate score of 9-0.

Quite a few to chose from but I'll pick the April 25 game against Stoke. Others that stood out were 4-0 against Wolves, 0-3 at Arsenal, and 8-0 against Wigan.

2-4 loss against Man City,

Lampard's 4 goals against Villa.

9. Most Improved Player:

Malouda.

Zhirkov.

don't think any of them qualify

12. Best Chelsea Goal:

Drogba against Bolton although I must say that while we scored many great goals none were wow! amazing!

The Tevez goal where he beat two of our defenders and Hilario. It was disgusting from a Chelsea prospective but an impressive piece of skill.

14. Best Game

8-0 against Wigan to win the title

15. Worst Game

The Blackburn draw.

If the question was turning point I'd say the ball that bounced over James against Pompey. I think that lifted a lot of pressure off the team.

Defining moment is much harder. When I think of 09-10 Chelsea I think of them being great but maddeningly inconsistent and pilling goal after goal on top of opponents, My moment would be the last fifteen minutes at Man United. Scored a goal to pad our 1-0 lead, conceded a goal to make things interesting but showed determination and held onto the most important three points of the season.

I think it's obviously the home match against Inter.

No one really but Belletti would be my first to go off the team. Not the player he used to be and past his prime.

I'll leave that to the experts, I don't think this team needs a big flashy addition though. Not to say I'd mind a Torres or Aguero.

1. More consistent overall play. I don't mind that we conceded more goals because we scored so many but I do mind losing so many points from winning/tied positions and the results we had against Man City and Everton which nearly cost us our season (1 point out of a possible 12).

2. Give Ancelotti the benefit of doubt. Theres no doubt he will be back but I just hope people recognize stability at the club is important and not to panic if the club hits a rough patch.

3. Health. Let's not forget this season saw significant injuries to Cech, Ivanovic, A Cole, Essien, Carvalho, J Cole, Mikel, Bosingwa, Zhirkov, and Deco. Not only were the injuries numerous they mounted in inopportune ways (two keepers hurt, all left backs hurt at the same time, etc.)

1. Best Chelsea Player:

Didier Drogba. I didn't think he could get any better, but he's just excelled beyond belief this season, even more so than usual.

2. Worst Chelsea Player:

Joe Cole. He recovered well towards the end of the season, but it still doesn't make up for an atrocious run of form post-injury. Hopefully it will prove to be rustiness and he'll get back to being the Joe Cole of old next season. Assuming he's still at Chelsea...

3. Best Opposing Player:

Lucio. However much of a dirty, cheating c**t he may be, he, as well as the rest of the Inter defence, were a brick wall in both games, and have been for most of the season.

4. Best Opposing Team

Inter Milan. Most of our defeats this season can be put down to poor performance or tactical errors on our part, but they really were incredible. No passengers there.

5. Worst Opposing Team

Stoke at the Bridge. Absolutely awful. We strolled past them.

7-1 vs Villa, it felt like every man was firing on full cylinders.

2-1 vs Tottenham. Appalling lack of conviction considering who our opponents were.

Drogba vs Tottenham. Made their defence, which has received many plaudits this season, look like complete amateurs.

9. Most Improved Player:

Malouda. Again.

Zhirkov. Settled into the team and always looks dangerous when played in midfield.

12. Best Chelsea Goal:

All the goals we scored against Tottenham

No opponent goals are good.

14. Best Game

Torn between the 8-0 title winning game and the Man Utd game.

15. Worst Game

Losing to Tottenham. Enough said.

I guess the obvious answer is the 2-1 win at Old Trafford.

Losing to Tottenham. Getting schooled at defending (and cheating) by Inter.

Ferreira

I honestly have no idea. It's not as if we have any glaring omissions.

1. To go one up on 2009/10 and capture the treble. This is obviously a long shot.

2. That if we do get a big signing in attack he lives up to the hype and doesn't pull a Shevchenko.

3. We see the fruits of our recent youth team endeavours and the likes of Kakuta, Stoch and Bruma all shine.

1. Best Chelsea Player: Drogba.....29 goals 10 assists 32 games.....oh, did I mention he was also carrying a hernia problem? Class.

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Hilarios....thankfully Turnbull got a chance....but wouldnt of had Hilario not been so dissapointing

3. Best Opposing Player: EPL: Rooney CL: Sniejder ..... both of them have kept their teams in games they really had no business winnning.

4. Best Opposing Team Overall Inter but I have to also mention Birmingham..... only team to hold us scoreless (Inter aside also, but we should of had 3 pen that game!), they deserve some mass credit their....especially when they were a hot pick for relegation pre season

5. Worst Opposing Team Arsenal.... The real question is did DD need the other 10 Chelsea players to beat them? Didnt look like he did!

6. Best Team Performance: 7-1 Aston Villa

7. Worst Team Performance: 3-1 Wigan Athletic.....just dissapointing......made up for it in the end tho

8. Best Individual Performance: Drogba vs Arsenal......explanation necessary?

9. Most Improved Player: oh Malouda by mile.....but Kalou was getting close at the end of the season, lets hope that was a trend (like Malouda last year season end really picked it up) and not a blip.

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Yuri....wasnt given a lot of time but he was more than what we asked for.....and I think we havent even seen the goods yet, give him some time to adjust to the EPL

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: Turnbull, but to be fair he is the worst only because the other 2 were so good. I have confidence we will look back one day and say "well that was a great fcking bit of business!"

12. Best Chelsea Goal: First game of the season, dieing seconds and Drogba chips it over their goalie to get the full 3 points....Was a fluke...a beautiful fluke...... and the goal itself was a beaut....but when you consider we won the league by 1 point and that draw would of cost us the league inthe first game!.... well that just makes it all the more beautiful

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: That bloke who scored the screamer from an illegal throw in....was it Parker from westham? I just remember it was a former player for us.

14. Best Game Cinching title 8-0

15. Worst Game Losing to Inter at home....and again a ref ignoring multiple stonewall penalties

16. Defining Moment Of The Season Win at Old Trafford....coincidentally this was Man Us aswell! hahahha

17. Disappointment Of The Season Injuries....especially Essein.......imagine what could of been with him fit!

18. Player You Want Sold: Reads like a list...but #1 would be Carvalho simply as his expiry date is upcoming and we seem to have ample backup here without him

19. Player You Want Bought: I like what we haev and would like to see some more youths brought up..... before this season had started I was saying Sniejder when I heard he was avail for only 10 mil

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: The treble, a friendlier media, and EUFA Chamions League gets busted for match fixing via refs the past few years......

1. Best Chelsea Player: Drogba

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Mikel (but lets not start)

3. Best Opposing Player: Zanetti

5. Worst Opposing Team: Burnley (h)

6. Best Team Performance: Wigan (h)

7. Worst Team Performance: Spurs (a)

8. Best Individual Performance: Lampard v Villa (h)

9. Most Improved Player: Malouda, the transformation has been stunning

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Sturridge

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: n/a, all played their part

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Drogba v Bolton (a)

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Agueros 1st v Athletico (a)

14. Best Game: Villa (h)

15. Worst Game: Hull (a)

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: James balls up v Pompey (a)

17. Disappointment Of The Season: Essiens injury

18. Player You Want Sold: Hillario

19. Player You Want Bought: yep, i will go with the flow - Aguero

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: 1-We lower the average age of the squad 2-Essien has an injury free season, 3-tickets prices do not rise again

1. Best Chelsea Player: Has to be Drogba.

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Hilario. Bit harsh to base it on one performance but he was dreadful.

3. Best Opposing Player: Sneijder.

4. Best Opposing Team Inter

5. Worst Opposing Team Portsmouth

6. Best Team Performance: Arsenal 0-3 win. No-one would have beaten us on that day.

7. Worst Team Performance: Bolton home

8. Best Individual Performance: Drogba's game against Arsenal. Arsenal is his b***h.

9. Most Improved Player: Without question Brana.

10. Best Signing 2009/2010: Sturridge.

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: Can't think of anyone

12. Best Chelsea Goal: A Cole v Sunderland. Or Frank's v Stoke from Hutchinson's cross.

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Scotty Parker

14. Best Game v Arsenal away

15. Worst Game v Spurs away

16. Defining Moment Of The Season : winning at OT

17. Disappointment Of The Season : Media witch-hunt against JT and ensuring he lose the England captaincy.

18. Player You Want Sold: Deco. Only because he wants to go.

19. Player You Want Bought: Not sure. Probably Aguero.

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: Retain Premiership. Champions League. Media to be less 'anti' us (I can but dream)

1. Best Chelsea Player:

Didier Drogba. He's clearly up there as one of the top 3 if not THE top striker in the world. and his attitude to Chelsea makes me proud.

2. Worst Chelsea Player:

Hilario (not all bad, but my god when he was bad..)

or Belletti - not because he was particularly poor, but I think he did less well than:

Ferreira (who did put in some good shifts after being way out of the picture)

Joe Cole (massively disappointing by his own high standards, but he did actually make some key contributions. Goal at Old Trafford alone takes him out of the running IMO)

3. Best Opposing Player:

Lucio. Rock.

4. Best Opposing Team

Inter Milan. Tactically spot on. The only team to have convincingly shut us down (Spurs and Man City don't count, we never turned up)

5. Worst Opposing Team

Stoke, or if we're talking about a single match, Wigan.

7-1 vs Villa. Absolutely demolished a team genuinely contending for 4th place.

Man City at home.

8. Best Individual Performance: Strangely enough I don't think he takes it by a country mile or anything (Drogs and malouda have had some great days), but Lamps has to get it for 4 goals.

9. Most Improved Player:

Malouda

Zhirkov.

Turned out to be worth the money, and as well as being versatile, has looked dangerous going forward and deputised well for the best left back in the world. Not to be scoffed at.

Honorable mention Sturridge, one to watch.

I hate to put a name here because I think they've all been good. Actually not going to, Turnbull deserves better.

12. Best Chelsea Goal:

All the goals we scored against Tottenham

Parker

14. Best Game

Man U away

15. Worst Game

Either Wigan (unacceptable!) or losing 4-2 to Man City. Really wanted to show the upstarts who's boss this season and we didn't. Not only did we lose, but we leaked 4 in. At the Bridge!

Man U away

Inter, Man City of Tottenham

Deco. I can think of others I think should go, Carvalho, Ferreira and Belletti for starters, but I'm quite ambivalent about it as I like them and the contributions they've made.

finding it hard not to get swept away on this Aguero obsession. He is rather good.. But there are loads I'd like to see here, but none I think we can't live without.

1. Treble

2. More younger players integrated into the first team. Bruma, Stoch and Sturridge would do me for now. Maybe a run out for Gokhan Tore?

3. Do the double over Manure, Arsenhole and Liverpoo again

1. Best Chelsea Player: Drogpard - he was brilliant

2. Worst Chelsea Player: wish i could say ballack but he wasn't as bad as he was in previous years. still not good but not as awful. Paulo - he is shocking

3. Best Opposing Player: the post in the cup final

4. Best Opposing Team: Citeh - sh*t against everyone but us

5. Worst Opposing Team: Wigan - 8-0. could have been many more

6. Best Team Performance: see question 5

7. Worst Team Performance: Spuds - Deco was the only player capable of picking out a teammate

8. Best Individual Performance: Drobga v arsenal

9. Most Improved Player: no question it's malouda. dare i say it, he looks world class

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Studge is going to be a star

11. Worst Signing 2009/2010: turnbull but nothing to do with performances. just not good enough to challenge for a first team place

12. Best Chelsea Goal: same as sals - nico cross to deco who touches to lampard, flicked over for drogba slid past the keeper. what a f*cking goal (pity drogs was offside)

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: macheda for utd - i thought it was as blatant a handball as you'll ever see but as not one commentator or pundit or newspaper took a break from slamming us for scoring an offside goal to mention it, it must have been a fine strike

14. Best Game: wigan 8-0

15. Worst Game: 0-1 inter

16. Defining Moment Of The Season: Gerrard's fine assist for Drogba. I really couldn't see us scoring in that game

17. Disappointment Of The Season: woeful in champions league

18. Player You Want Sold: ballack

19. Player You Want Bought: kun aguero

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: 1. Mikel to score - it will bring tears to my eyes (and for him to get a bit more recognition for the quality, quality player he is) 2. i'll join in with the essien fit brigade 3. Terry and Lampard to hold the champions league trophy aloft

4. liverpool to get relegated

1. Best Chelsea Player: Malouda

2. Worst Chelsea Player: Kalou

3. Best Opposing Player: Mourinho

4. Best Opposing Team Inter

5. Worst Opposing Team Stoke

6. Best Team Performance: Man Utd Away

7. Worst Team Performance: Wigan Away

8. Best Individual Performance: The Drog v Arsenal home or away

9. Most Improved Player: Ivanovic

10. Best Signing 2009/20010: Zhirkov

12. Best Chelsea Goal: Cole v Sunderland

13. Best Opponent Goal Against Us: Bale for Spurs

14. Best Game Wigan at home

15. Worst Game Liverpool away - it was so easy

16. Defining Moment Of The Season Anelka rising to the top during January

17. Disappointment Of The Season Losing Essien

19. Player You Want Bought: Kaka or Torres

20. Three Hopes For 2010/2011: Retain the EPL, win CL and have a fit Essien for the whole season

Archived