The Run In

Cam

Just having a look at the table, and the fixtures to come...and I'm quite scared. Hopefully the team will be boosted by the United game and improve, but if they don't, it could seriously dampen our hopes of a top 4 finish.

Obviously we have this first game against Blackpool (a must win)...and if we win that, I think we can overtake Man City if we beat them (and we'd still have a game in hand). If we lose to them, chances are we won't overtake them again. So it's probably that game, or not at all. If we do beat them, we have a terriffic chance of finishing third. The game is at home...if that helps.

Secondly, obviously is the Tottenham game. This becomes extra pivotal if we haven't built a small lead over Man City. If we've fallen behind Spurs, we need this opportunity to put the equation back in our own hands, by winning. A loss here could prove to be disastrous, whereas a win, would of course make life difficult for Spurs, and potentially City. This game is also at home.

Thirdly, the second United game...Old Trafford...third last game of the season...not when you want to play United...because like it or not, they will be fighting Arsenal for the title (I'm pretty sure of it), and they will prove a massive obstacle. This could well be the game that resigns us to missing the four.

Fourth...the final day. City play Bolton away (could be tough), Spurs play Brum home (damn), and we get....Everton away. I don't know about you guys...but I hate when we play Everton. Nowadays it fills me with dread. At Goodison, it makes it even trikier. By far the worst draw from the two top 4 rivals.

Add to that, the potential banana skin of Stoke away, and anything can happen. I hope the lads get their heads down and focus on victory...because missing the four would have catastrophic reprecussions.

Come on you Blues!

Just having a look at the table, and the fixtures to come...and I'm quite scared. Hopefully the team will be boosted by the United game and improve, but if they don't, it could seriously dampen our hopes of a top 4 finish.

Obviously we have this first game against Blackpool (a must win)...and if we win that, I think we can overtake Man City if we beat them (and we'd still have a game in hand). If we lose to them, chances are we won't overtake them again. So it's probably that game, or not at all. If we do beat them, we have a terriffic chance of finishing third. The game is at home...if that helps.

Secondly, obviously is the Tottenham game. This becomes extra pivotal if we haven't built a small lead over Man City. If we've fallen behind Spurs, we need this opportunity to put the equation back in our own hands, by winning. A loss here could prove to be disastrous, whereas a win, would of course make life difficult for Spurs, and potentially City. This game is also at home.

Thirdly, the second United game...Old Trafford...third last game of the season...not when you want to play United...because like it or not, they will be fighting Arsenal for the title (I'm pretty sure of it), and they will prove a massive obstacle. This could well be the game that resigns us to missing the four.

Fourth...the final day. City play Bolton away (could be tough), Spurs play Brum home (damn), and we get....Everton away. I don't know about you guys...but I hate when we play Everton. Nowadays it fills me with dread. At Goodison, it makes it even trikier. By far the worst draw from the two top 4 rivals.

Add to that, the potential banana skin of Stoke away, and anything can happen. I hope the lads get their heads down and focus on victory...because missing the four would have catastrophic reprecussions.

Come on you Blues!

The other side of this coin is that if we do win the first two of the games that you mention and United lose another game between now and when we play them (which on their current form is not unlikely) then the match we play against each other could well be to put us on level points with United.

All we can do at this point is keep playing our football. I can't help but feel we're over the worst of this run of bad form just as the teams around us seem to be hitting their own bad patches - Today was United's 3rd loss in the last 5, which considering how long they went unbeaten is not a trivial matter.

I see no reason why we shouldn't beat both Tottenham and City if we're up for it and play like we want to win and, at that point, we'll be in a better position to judge where we're likely to finish this season

The other side of this coin is that if we do win the first two of the games that you mention and United lose another game between now and when we play them (which on their current form is not unlikely) then the match we play against each other could well be to put us on level points with United.

All we can do at this point is keep playing our football. I can't help but feel we're over the worst of this run of bad form just as the teams around us seem to be hitting their own bad patches - Today was United's 3rd loss in the last 5, which considering how long they went unbeaten is not a trivial matter.

I see no reason why we shouldn't beat both Tottenham and City if we're up for it and play like we want to win and, at that point, we'll be in a better position to judge where we're likely to finish this season

Don't get me wrong, obviously I want us to do well, and we are very capable of doing so...I just wanted to illustrate the point that we need to win to put ourselves in a good position. I feel we dfinately have the toughest run home from our rivals....but at least two games are at home.

City and Spurs have to play each other...and Spurs will have to play Arsenal too, and Man City play Liverpool.

It will be intriguing, and I think it will be very close at the end.

Of course, Spurs losing here to Wolves wouldn't hurt us ;)

With the return of Zhirkov, and hopefully with Alex and Benayoun coming back to fitness soon I think we are fairly well placed to handle these fixtures. I know it's a huge cliché, but all we can do is take each game as it comes and see where we end up. Hopefully Wolves can do us a massive favour today, then we can open up a gap in a game we really should be winning tomorrow.

(edit typo)

Edited by gojo_ed

Man Utd still have to play Arsenal as well. There are a few tricky fixtures in there, and if this downward momentum continues they could yet drop some more points.

I'm not very confident about the Man City game. They've had our number in the last few games we've played, but maybe Torres can make the difference.

Its game on we are the underdogs for the title all we can do is win our games and let the rest do the maths there is a lot of football to play and the champions league still to come so bring it on i say you never know? ::ChELSeAFaN:: football is a funny old game

Its game on we are the underdogs for the title all we can do is win our games and let the rest do the maths there is a lot of football to play and the champions league still to come so bring it on i say you never know? ::ChELSeAFaN:: football is a funny old game

talking about the Blackpool game, i'm wondering what sort of turnout we're going to have up there. Am pretty hacked off that there are no tickets available through the club, yet plenty on touting websites such as livefootballtickets. Is anyone else getting hosed off with all this? There have been far too many games this season where the official allocation is sold out, yet when you get there, stacks of empty seats in our section, and always loads available through these ticket agencies. Where do they get their tickets from & why doesn't the club do anything about it? Ref the game, in a season of shocking inconsistency, i fear the worst & i can see us tossing it away in a fixture we should win comfortably

BBC English Premier League predictor. <<Link

Bit of fun, hard to do with the blue tinted specs on.

I only predicted the results involving the current top 5, didnt have time to mess about with teams like Liverpool and West Ham. :indifferent0018:

I have come to the conclusion, unless we win EVERY league game from here in (11 games on the trot) we wont win the league this season.

# Most consecutive wins: 14, Arsenal (between 10 February 2002 and 24 August 2002)

post-56-0-17470800-1299446517.png

Edited by coco

I just did it and had is winning it by 1 point aswell. Although in mine slighlty bias and we ended up with +76 goal difference, starting with an 8-0 drumming of blackpool tomorrow ::ChElSeaFLag::

Edited by Brayerz

I actually did it before the games yesterday with all the teams and had United first on 80, Arse second on 79 and then us on 72 ahead of City on goal difference, Spurs finished back on 65 or something. That included a draw for Spurs and a win for Liverpool (should have put spome cash on it.) I think the teams I predicted to go down were Wigan, Blackburn (of all teams) and West Brom. My problem with these predictor things is I never tip enough draws.

We still need other teams to take points from ManU and Arsenal, even if we managed to win all of our remaining matches.

I should have put a star and wrote 'terms and conditions apply' but really if you think we could win all our remaining games, I am sure Arsenal are going to drop silly points like this weekend and United have some tough games like Arsenal away and Chelsea home where we could usurp them. Obviously it is wishful thinking but all I am saying is concentrate on our games and win them, rest will be taken care of and we would definitely get very very close.

I did it very long time back when I started the thread how we could win the title. I also came up with the total of 81 points.

So 81 points it is. If we reach that we win! :D

Of course that means winning all our remaining games but what the hell, lets believe!

Edited by rahul

In theory if you consider that we win every game left this year -

Win tonight and we are 9 points behingd united and 6 behind gooners,

an extra game in hand on united the gap down to 6 points

We beat them at there place and thats a 3 point gap.

They lose to arsenal and all of a sudden we'r level.

Arsenal loose to liverpool and spuds and its a 3 way tie going to the goal differece.

There are a lot of caviats in there not least of all are we good enough to actually go on this run, but its not impossible and the key thing is that if we even get close at least we will have made the top 4 which I would have bitten any ones hand of for had it been offered a week ago

I tried it too .. I had chelsea winning every game except the everton game and we ended up in 78 points and looks like that result has cost me dearly as ManUtd ended up with 78 points .

1. ManU - 78

2. Chelsea - 76

3. Arsenal - 74

4. Tottenham - 70

5. Man City - 67

It appears that we will have to win all our remaining games to have any chance at the title ... distant dreams !

I tried it too .. I had chelsea winning every game except the everton game and we ended up in 78 points and looks like that result has cost me dearly as ManUtd ended up with 78 points .

1. ManU - 78

2. Chelsea - 76

3. Arsenal - 74

4. Tottenham - 70

5. Man City - 67

It appears that we will have to win all our remaining games to have any chance at the title ... distant dreams !

I'd take that right now :P