Random Rumours

PSG hope to appoint Rafa as their new manager

Could anyone see him going after Torres? PSG are now one of the richest clubs in football

Interesting development. If Rafa wants his man they might even be ready to pay close to the fee we paid to Pool for him.

PSG hope to appoint Rafa as their new manager

Could anyone see him going after Torres? PSG are now one of the richest clubs in football

I'd be pleased with that but not until the summer. With Anelka going and maybe Drogba then it would leave us a little short.

I know it is an old Rumour, but I brought him back up in another thread so thought I'd add him in here too; however, a while ago we were strongly linked with CSKA's Alan Dzagoev. Seemingly Roman had ties at CSKA that would assure him coming here, and Alan himself mentioned that he would like to play for Chelsea some day. Plus he's still only 21.

The Russians don't have a freat track record in the prem, I can't think of one success in fact

yeah i know the mail isnt solid but thought it was interesting them saying the names they did wasnt making it a serious point

Oh I know you weewrent mate, also they will overlook the fact that AVB came out and basically proved all the unrest claims were wrong.

I'd take this with a pinch of salt seeing as the source is hardly a reliable one, but does anybody know anything about him?

http://www.footylatest.com/chelsea-emerge-as-favourites-to-land-brazilian-playmaker/25856?

Chelsea Emerge As Favourites To Land Brazilian Playmaker

Posted On Tuesday, December 6, 2011Tags:

Chelsea News, Chelsea Transfer News

facebook_link.png

Chelsea have targeted Brazilian playmaker Ederson in January as the 25-year-old looks set to leave his current club with his contract expiring in the summer.

Ederson joined Lyon in 2008 and has gone on to be a stand-out performer for the French team however his time looks to be up as he has seemingly refused to enter contract negotiations as he seeks a move to another European club with Inter Milan and Napoli amongst the interested clubs, although it seems Chelsea have emerged as favourites to sign the 25-year-old as manager Andre Villas-Boas looks set to add to his midfield options.

The Brazilian has appeared for Lyon on six occasions and scoring two goals which has led Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas to compile reports on the player according to reports in France.

With interest thought to be high in the player, and Lyon eager to receive a fee for the player before he departs for free in January a bid of around £6 million could be enough to see him move.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I am willing to sacrifice one year of CL next year if AVB can get his types of players in and get them used to playing on the team. Thus sacrifice one year for multiple year success down the line. Again, we will have to agree to disagree on this matter.

Hope you enjoyed didier tonight...still want to get rid?

daily mail also saying juve are in for kalou. Think he could do quite well for himself over in serie A especially if he was starting on a regular basis. The writing has been on the wall for his chelsea career for a fair while now but he is a very likeable individual and would love to see him do very well in his post chelsea career

Hope you enjoyed didier tonight...still want to get rid?

I did enjoy his performance. I like DD as a player. But, the issue is he does not want to sign a contract here. If he was willing to sign a contract then there is a worthy discussion of how best to use him. But that's a moot point becuase he doesn't want to sign the contract. We cannot risk him leaving on a free transfer. It's hard to sell legends, but, its important to upgrade the team. The money that could be raised for him could be used as part of the money to get an up and coming hot shot. If the choice is sell him in January or see him leave for free in the summer: I sell him.

And yes, the more goals he scores, the more we may be able to sell him for in January! :smile:

I did enjoy his performance. I like DD as a player. But, the issue is he does not want to sign a contract here. If he was willing to sign a contract then there is a worthy discussion of how best to use him. But that's a moot point becuase he doesn't want to sign the contract. We cannot risk him leaving on a free transfer. It's hard to sell legends, but, its important to upgrade the team. The money that could be raised for him could be used as part of the money to get an up and coming hot shot. If the choice is sell him in January or see him leave for free in the summer: I sell him.

And yes, the more goals he scores, the more we may be able to sell him for in January! :smile:

1/ considering are other options at the moment I don't think we really in a strong position to get rid

2/ he is 33/34, your not going to get that much

3/ if he did go it would take the new striker time to adapt, historically jan isn't the best time for that.

1/ considering are other options at the moment I don't think we really in a strong position to get rid

2/ he is 33/34, your not going to get that much

3/ if he did go it would take the new striker time to adapt, historically jan isn't the best time for that.

1. I think our options are much better than people realize. Lukaku and Sturridge need minutes at the striker spot. They are the kinds of players who need regular minutes to develop and grow.

2. Yes, he is 33/34 and will sign for the team that gives him the most $ and years. That won't be here. You sell him in order to get something. 10 million(if it is that little) is better than nothing.

3. The team is not in a strong position to win PL or CL. Chelsea is built to win trophies not finish in the top 5. Since the team can't win, its time to do what needs to be done to put a winner on the field for next year. For Chelsea, this is a perfect time to revamp the lineup. The season is pretty much done anyway. NOW is the time to get the kind of players AVB needs and get them minutes in the lineup as they begin to learn how to play together. Then, when next season arrives they can add maybe 1 or two more pieces, and already have built in chemistry. This is a game of chemistry where you have to kick the ball not to where your teammate is, but where he will be. The only way to be able to anticipate is to have good chemistry with your teammates. And that takes time. Use this season to acclimatize the new guys and next year Chelsea can be a force in PL and CL.