Money

Random Rumours

I'd be happy if we could get half of what we paid for Torres. I really think he was a wrong buy. To me the team doesnt seem natural when he plays. Maybe its because we have played for so long with DD i dont know. I wish that someone would come in and take Torres off our hands and let AVB pick his own front line.

We still look better with him upfront than with DD tbh.

To cap off a disillusioning period, apparently Frank Lampard's favourite band is U2:

Last week's quiz was a tricky one where I asked what was Frank Lampard's favourite current band/singer. Well I met up with the man himself briefly at the Annual Lunch last Friday and he mentioned two names. I personally thought he was going to say Razorlight, quite simply because so many of you had suggested it - I thought you must know something but no, they weren't the ones he named.

In fact he said Scottish singer songwriter Paulo Nutini and Irish rock legends U2. Quite a few plumped for Bono and the boys (who I incidentally first saw on their inaugural UK tour with the album 'Boy' and boy does that make me feel old).

I wouldn't fuss too much Plok. They put together some good stuff in the 80's, as long as it's Sunday Bloody Sunday that he is in to and not Vertigo i'll be ok with it. Also U2 cite Joy Division as the band they most admire and feel influenced by which means they can't be complete tools even if one of them refers to himself as the Edge.

To cap off a disillusioning period, apparently Frank Lampard's favourite band is U2:

Ah bollocks, sell him now. Why Frank, why......

Edited by dkw

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8908204/Chelsea-prepare-for-the-future-by-allowing-French-striker-Nicolas-Anelka-to-leave-Stamford-Bridge-in-January.html?

Tele are saying Anelka is the first one out in January, to make way for.....ugh Alvaro Pereira.

The same Alvaro Pereira who has been apart of a defence shipping goals to APOEL amongst others, and the same Alvaro Pereira who has provided a solitary assist so far.

If AVB's answer to the crisis is buying Pereira with the limited amount of funds we have, then I have grave fears for him lasting out the season.

We have also been linked to the athletico madrid cb aswell so who knows. I read online that avb has no faith in luiz or alex so makes sense for another cb if true.

Gio Dos Santos is leaving Tottenham in january. Not the best of sucess over there but i think he way be worth a punt. Still brilliant for his national-team and our setup is very much suited to him.

Gio Dos Santos is leaving Tottenham in january. Not the best of sucess over there but i think he way be worth a punt. Still brilliant for his national-team and our setup is very much suited to him.

Talking of ex/spurs I would rather Kevin Prince Boetang right now, although I agree Dos Santos looks great for Mexico he doesn't look like a player to come into a struggling side & turn it on.

Have we been linked with him?

I'd probably take Dos Santos too, always performs very well for Mexico.

But yeah, Kevin Prince Boateng, is he even the same player as the one that played for Spurs? That goal last night... jeez

If we were to sign this kid from Barca, then it would certainly spell te end for Josh

I don't see why. Josh needs to work hard in training & the reserves to get a place in the team & so will this lad.

Mainly because Josh is a young midfielder who should be working for his chances and pushing fornthe first team, which he has been doing. Nthere are many of us on here that are hoping that breakthrough comes soon, or he is sent on loan. If he is sentnon loan, while we sign in another teenage midfielder, then I think that shows how much (or little) faith AVB has in Josh.

Put it this way, if you were Josh and were sent on loan. Then see another kid your same age brought in from Barcelona who gets games, wouldn't you feel as if you'd have better luck out at another team permanently?

Of course, this is all speculation on whether we sign this kid or not, and whether or not that kid then gets playing time

I do wonder what is going on with Josh, from what we have been told he was told he couldnt go on a season long loan but he seems to be wasting his time with us at the moment. Im sure he will go out on loan in Jan but im just puzzled as to why he is being kept with us when he isnt even making the bench most weeks.

Offloading Drogba maybe the trigger to Torres confidence about him being the lead striker with no competition, though its a risk I believe it is one that can be taken. If AVB doesn't think like wise it may make sense to off load them both and buy a new striker and holding back Anelka for another year. A loan spell for Lukaku to a premier league club may be required.

Torres needs to go also. I have never seen a player so moody. If he isnt going to put 100% in then he should leave. Go back to spain or where ever i dont care just not at Chelsea.

Torres needs to go also. I have never seen a player so moody. If he isnt going to put 100% in then he should leave. Go back to spain or where ever i dont care just not at Chelsea.

Probably some of it should be attributed to AVB's rotation/ team selection? He was the only player that looked threatening against United and as he was getting back to his best he gets dropped consistently and whats even stranger is he picks Drogba who clearly seems to be past his best and going through the motions. Any player of Torres's stature would not find that too encouraging and his body language says it all. But to blame Torres alone for it would not be fair, some of it has to be AVB's responsibility.