• Essien
    • Lampard
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Drogba
    • Alex (Sub)
    • Ramires (Sub)
    • Torres (Sub)

Alex for me - while the attack were fairly poor all afternoon, the difference between the first half and second half defensive displays was remarkable. Made a number of outrageous blocks and tackles in the 45 minutes; the score would have been much worse without him...

Cech.

If there is one good thing to come out of today, it is surely that the Kalou debate has been put to bed once, all and finally forever. Without argument, disagreement or further rancour.

Mr Kalou is a substitute and should always be a substitute. Even if we only have ten players at the start of a game.

Most of the team looked jaded today and the Essien Mikel Lampard midfield showed why even when they show glimpses of a return to form, shouldn't play together.

the first two substitutions made a big difference and its a shame we have no in form striker to do the same, I would'nt put any more blame on Kalou than Lampard or Essien who should have had the beating of the opposition but were plainly not good enough on the day.

Alex was great and easily MOM for me.

alex,he did more in 45 minutes than all the outfield players who put in 90 mins!,and a timely reminder of how good he can be.maybe the huge honeymoon period for luiz is now well and truly over.dont get me wrong i like the guy,but he has quite a bit to learn,and im sure he will.

I would have voted for howard webb given that he denied them two clear cut pens and didn't send ivanovic off, but he is not on the list...to be fair alex showed the kind of attitude and committment that piut most of his team-mates to shame

Alex was the best player, Cech kept us in the game, by his high standard we expected that. Luiz just need to curb his enthurisasim, he has pace and his positioning is usually good, no need to make rash decisions and go for gold all the time.