Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 09:28, chi blue said:

Being in the Green man on semi final and cup final days and seeing all the lads in their 50/60's, I know my two boys who are trendy, cool, good looking and in their early 20's (if only I was that age again) were in awe of all the old gits, knowing what they experienced back in the day, me? well I am their old man so I'm not cool! and to young anyway I'm only a baby at 48!!!!!!

I grew up listening to my grandfather,uncles,my old man and his mates talking about matches they had seen and I lapped it up. Despite being up in Scotland they all had a broader picture of football and as my sons have grown up I have tried to pass that perspective onto them.

They simply can't believe we fought relegation to Division 3 in 1982/83 !

1 hour ago, Carshalton Blue said:

v Arsenal 1986

FB_IMG_1498287001717.jpg

Was a middle-west side boy till 83 then Gate 13 and then the benches-West Stand near enough till 94. Only really started going back to the Shed when the temporary stand was being used. Was in there the night when all those blokes became fathers for the first time during the cup winners cup game. Me and my mate were running late so he went to the offie opposite the West Stand all they had left was Special Brew so we downed 2 cans each quickly. On top of what I had already drank glad of a seat that night I can tell you :biggrin:

End of season tour 1976/77. USA and Canada.

25 May Seattle Sounders. Lost 2-0.

27 May Vancouver Island All Stars. Won 3-0

1 June San Jose Earthquakes (Great name!) Won 2-1

3 June Los Angeles Aztecs. Won 3-1.

Remember that the NASL had some great strips back then!

4 hours ago, erskblue said:

I grew up listening to my grandfather,uncles,my old man and his mates talking about matches they had seen and I lapped it up. Despite being up in Scotland they all had a broader picture of football and as my sons have grown up I have tried to pass that perspective onto them.

They simply can't believe we fought relegation to Division 3 in 1982/83 !

Yes and my school mates of the time couldn't believe the following season!!!     'Chelsea are back'

20 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Yes and my school mates of the time couldn't believe the following season!!!     'Chelsea are back'

Proudly wearing that classic Le Coq Sportif Chelsea strip at PE. And the top on many other occasions as a 16 year old.

57 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Proudly wearing that classic Le Coq Sportif Chelsea strip at PE. And the top on many other occasions as a 16 year old.

Guy on Ebay is selling repro's home and away. There pretty good not cheap but I'm thinking about it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chelsea-FC-Repro-3rd-Retro-Shirt-1983-1984-Mens-Size-XL-/222527913496?hash=item33cfb27e18:g:cScAAOSwjqVZE0tO

9 hours ago, Carshalton Blue said:

v Arsenal 1986

FB_IMG_1498287001717.jpg

Can't remember the capacity of the shed before it was closed. I remember when I started going in Jan 1978 it had been reduced to I think around 15,000. Then the following season 78/79 the new crash barriers were put in, but the corners in the shed and north stand were deemed too expensive to maintain and were fenced off with corrugated iron! I think it might've been 13,500 and the away 11,700. This picture shows more paid to get in than was ever stated in the official attendance.

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

Guy on Ebay is selling repro's home and away. There pretty good not cheap but I'm thinking about it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chelsea-FC-Repro-3rd-Retro-Shirt-1983-1984-Mens-Size-XL-/222527913496?hash=item33cfb27e18:g:cScAAOSwjqVZE0tO

I've bought two from him....think they're basically score draw tops with the score draw label taken off and le coq label ironed on...still look good though

56 minutes ago, Richard P said:

Can't remember the capacity of the shed before it was closed. I remember when I started going in Jan 1978 it had been reduced to I think around 15,000. Then the following season 78/79 the new crash barriers were put in, but the corners in the shed and north stand were deemed too expensive to maintain and were fenced off with corrugated iron! I think it might've been 13,500 and the away 11,700. This picture shows more paid to get in than was ever stated in the official attendance.

Back then and until the changes post Hillsborough when all seated stadiums began to be built. Official attendances and the actual attendance were ,at times vastly different. There was supporters getting in to all ticket matches by paying the turnstile operator or doubling up when going through the turnstiles and onto terraces.

15 minutes ago, Boyne said:

From the game against Sunderland in the League Cup in 1985. What a night that was.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sport, stadium, crowd and outdoor

That was a mental night. My brother and I were in the lower east stand corner and the old bill had a difficult time keeping people off the pitch. If I remember correctly, think there was one single gate down at the front, opening onto the side of the pitch and it was being charged by Chelsea every few minutes after Walker scored for Sunderland.

38 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

That was a mental night. My brother and I were in the lower east stand corner and the old bill had a difficult time keeping people off the pitch. If I remember correctly, think there was one single gate down at the front, opening onto the side of the pitch and it was being charged by Chelsea every few minutes after Walker scored for Sunderland.

Was in the Shed night with a guy I worked with.

I heard a story a couple of weeks later that in the players bar after the game Speedie punched or tried to punch Walker.

53 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

One of my favourites...pleasantries before the thuggery begins...you can imagine Chopper asking Mackay which leg he'd like broken first...

Mmm66-67FACupFinal-RonHarrisDaveMackay.jpg

Wonder if the ref had already written both their names in his book to save time later?!

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

Back then and until the changes post Hillsborough when all seated stadiums began to be built. Official attendances and the actual attendance were ,at times vastly different. There was supporters getting in to all ticket matches by paying the turnstile operator or doubling up when going through the turnstiles and onto terraces.

Saw it happen a lot at away games early 80s