Vintage Blues pictures and film

On 8/5/2017 at 22:40, Walnuts said:

AhmeTAJ.jpg

Chelsea @ Sheff Utd early 90s

Anyone remember last game of the season at Bramhall Lane 93?

Some great fancy dress- flat caps, braces, torn up brown bread as the tickertape reception plus Hovis theme belted out regularly- a fella sitting next to me had a plastic pigeon strapped to his head.

The next season we relegated them at the Bridge- The Sheds last stand.

The song went up 'your ...., and your going down....

Next thing they've scored. Cue ' your ...., and your staying up!

I really miss those days....

2 hours ago, Richard P said:

Yes my mum went up and queued for benches tickets for the scousers and spuds for  fa cup 1982. When I first started going queuing to get in use to be part of the day. Big games with pay on the day you were worried even inside the gates on the forecourt if you were going to get in. I had one Lock out scousers 1979 no where near getting through the gates on the pavement of the Stamford gate. They were old and wooden, fans started to push and shake them before old bill on horse back pushed the back.

I remember a few games where they closed the Shed and put everyone in the Northstand Southampton 81 and Man United either 84 or 85. 

8 hours ago, Boyne said:

Ah, the days of queuing for football and concert tickets. I can't remember which game I was queuing for (it may have been the 1997 final) but started in the queue the night before they went on sale at 7.00am. In the early evening, the ticket office staff (it was when Eddie Barnett was in charge) decided to start selling. Strange as there was only about 30 people in the queue. So got home at a reasonable time.

Remember driving up from chichester for 97 semi final tix v wimbledon, the final batch of 2000 went on sale, it was all dependant on your voucher book number if I remember right. ticket office was selling from 7am, so arrived at bridge about 3am, about 50 to 100 in front of me, about 4am a bird walked past us all on way back from a night out on her own carrying a huge baseball bat!! The cry went up of "Chelsea agro" from the que. The ticket office must of opened early as I remember getting back in doors about 7:30am and that was with an hour and half drive home. Worth it though to see Franco score that goal at Highbury, Chris perry still running round in circles now looking for Franco and the ball!

18 hours ago, bluehaze said:

I was at the game they equalised in injury time. You could hear all the Chelsea on the telly shouting blow the f**king whistle. Thought the game was on Youtube but I haven't been able to find it.

It certainly was on you tube a couple of years ago. I watched it and was still annoyed we threw away what was seemingly a comfortable and good 2-0 win.

See what following Chelsea does to you !

19 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Anyone remember last game of the season at Bramhall Lane 93?

Some great fancy dress- flat caps, braces, torn up brown bread as the tickertape reception plus Hovis theme belted out regularly- a fella sitting next to me had a plastic pigeon strapped to his head.

The next season we relegated them at the Bridge- The Sheds last stand.

The song went up 'your ...., and your going down....

Next thing they've scored. Cue ' your ...., and your staying up!

I really miss those days....

Yeah, if I remember correctly Dave Webb was caretaker manager and we filled our end both upper seats and lower stand. I think we were four nil down and then pulled two back and we never stopped singing. In fact at one point they were in shock that we were singing despite being hammered on the pitch. I also remember Dave Webb coming on to the pitch just before the match with a microphone and asking for everyone to keep calm. 

40 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Chelsea winning at Wembley. Same again this Sunday v Spuds please.

Great memories.

Was indeed. Can't believe it's over 30 years ago. And we played at Southampton the day before. It was also the day after Rangers drew 4-4 with Celtic at Ibrox. I think that there were some Chelsea fans at both Ibrox and Wembley. 17 goals in two games - crazy.

23 hours ago, bluehaze said:

I was at the game they equalised in injury time. You could hear all the Chelsea on the telly shouting blow the f**king whistle. Thought the game was on Youtube but I haven't been able to find it.

Hope this helps, all chelsea goals on itv 1978. There was match footage but the guy took it down and sells dvds from abroad at 4£ a DVD.

1 minute ago, Richard P said:

Hope this helps, all chelsea goals on itv 1978. There was match footage but the guy took it down and sells dvds from abroad at 4£ a DVD.

Funny to remember that 40 years ago Martin Tyler was just a regional commentator compared to the anti Chelsea twat he is now.

18 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Yeah, if I remember correctly Dave Webb was caretaker manager and we filled our end both upper seats and lower stand. I think we were four nil down and then pulled two back and we never stopped singing. In fact at one point they were in shock that we were singing despite being hammered on the pitch. I also remember Dave Webb coming on to the pitch just before the match with a microphone and asking for everyone to keep calm. 

Our support that day was unbelievable, the old bill sussed a pitch invasion and no doubt huge punch up and lined up in front of us.