Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

11 hours ago, old git said:

You probably bumped into me and my brothers there. We lived in Peterborough Rd. A short walk across Poulters Park and we were at the NAAFI ground. The nicest player I met, out of all of 'em, was Dennis Brown

I grew up on Peterborough Road, don't get down much now, but was back a month or so ago and made a point of nipping into the Circle Cafe on Sunday morning for a bacon roll and a cuppa, and glad to see that it's still a shrine to all things Chelsea.

9 hours ago, MKBlue said:

I grew up on Peterborough Road, don't get down much now, but was back a month or so ago and made a point of nipping into the Circle Cafe on Sunday morning for a bacon roll and a cuppa, and glad to see that it's still a shrine to all things Chelsea.

Impossible for me to get to the Circle without jumping on a plane! I hear that the cafe retains it's character but the rest of the place has gone downhill, especially since the Arms was pulled down. And my old mate Ted is shutting up his fruit and veg. shop and retiring.

20 hours ago, Boyne said:

I think that this picture has been posted before but no harm in posting it again.

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

Did anyone see Choppers brother Alan Harris play? Was he also a toughnut?

Ps We also had the Sillett  brothers, plus the Wilkins. Graham Wilkins came in for the odd bit of stick I recall.

Edited by Ewell CFC

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

Did anyone see Choppers brother Alan Harris play? Was he also a toughnut?

Ps We also had the Sillett  brothers, plus the Wilkins. Graham Wilkins came in for the odd bit of stick I recall.

I saw Allan Harris play full back. No where near as hard as Ron but decent enough. Peter Sillett was a no nonsense centre back, big and strong with a hard shot while John was smaller but could definitely tackle. Decent enough manager afterwards. Ray was head and shoulders above Graham skillwise, probably the reason why Graham took some stick. He was more of a worker, defended quite well and played full back.

12 hours ago, Boyne said:

Related image

Related image

Related image

I was so excited when David Hay signed for Chelsea, he was a terrific player. I remember an equalising goal he scored at Highbury, it was a screamer, in the League Cup midweek, I think. I went with my dad and we lost 2-1. Would love to see that goal again, probably not as good as my memory thinks it is.

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:27, Ewell CFC said:

IMG_1641.JPGMillwall getting run out the Shed 77

Can recognise Bab's near the front, but more interesting is if you look about 3" to the left. There's a bloke on the terrace, with his legs up in the air, one on the barrier!.
How the f*** he got in that position, guess we're never know?.

Watched the Big Match Re-visited earlier and our game against Sheffield United in April 1977 was one of the matches shown. We won 4-0. Wilkins scored a cracking goal. As well as the highlights of the game being broadcast, there were clips of the players and Eddie McCreadie in the changing room before and after the game discussing team tactics etc. Interesting to watch. The commentator on the match was the late Brian Moore. A wonderful commentator. A lot of modern commentators could learn a lot from the way he worked. Will try and find a clip of the game on youtube.

12 hours ago, The Leigh Limpet said:

Can recognise Bab's near the front, but more interesting is if you look about 3" to the left. There's a bloke on the terrace, with his legs up in the air, one on the barrier!.
How the f*** he got in that position, guess we're never know?.

I can see a bloke crouching on a barrier at about 10 o'clock from Babs ( Babs with a flying jacket and large forehead). 

As far as I can tell amongst all those faces there's only one bird- far right hand side two thirds the way up- wonder whether her boyfriend took her on a romantic date to Chelsea v Millwall?

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

I can see a bloke crouching on a barrier at about 10 o'clock from Babs ( Babs with a flying jacket and large forehead). 

As far as I can tell amongst all those faces there's only one bird- far right hand side two thirds the way up- wonder whether her boyfriend took her on a romantic date to Chelsea v Millwall?

No trouble seeing that geezers flares on the left or carpet sweepers as we used to call them.