Chelsea v Fulham (PL) 26/12/11 KO 13:00 GMT

loz

Two draws in a row, one credible, one not so, mean Arsenal and Liverpool are back on our tails and the gap between us and both Manc teams is considerable again.

Fulham just got tonked by Utd and you can guarantee that will mean they raise their game considerably against us.

Assuming he shakes off whatever minor injury he had you would expect Romeu to replace Mikel. It looks unlikely Ivan will be fit which will mean Bosingwa will play at right back.

Other than that I would expect the line up to be pretty much as expected especially as there is a reasonable gap until we play Villa on the 31st.

I would loan Lukaka to Fulham, they will need him when Zamora goes to QPhaha.

I would go with this team.

Cech (by default, not on current form)

Bos/Paulo, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Romeu, Lampard

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Give Torres 30mins as well. Lampard always does well against Foolham, plus Meireles is so average.

We need to put out the strongest team which means no place for Lamps again. Ramires, Romeu and Meireles must start because anyone other than those three makes the midfield look pretty ordinary. If Luiz is fit then we need to go back to Ivan, Luiz, Terry and Cole in the defense. Studge and Mata are the first names on the team sheet but for the striker its a toss up between Drogs and Torres. I'd go with Torres just to give him a run out so that he has some time under his belt for the extended run in the team during ACN.

If we field that team then I have no doubt we'd spank Fulham. Any tinkering and we'd be back to Wigan all over again.

We need to put out the strongest team which means no place for Lamps again. Ramires, Romeu and Meireles must start because anyone other than those three makes the midfield look pretty ordinary. If Luiz is fit then we need to go back to Ivan, Luiz, Terry and Cole in the defense. Studge and Mata are the first names on the team sheet but for the striker its a toss up between Drogs and Torres. I'd go with Torres just to give him a run out so that he has some time under his belt for the extended run in the team during ACN.

If we field that team then I have no doubt we'd spank Fulham. Any tinkering and we'd be back to Wigan all over again.

ramires is suspended , so Lamps plays I'd imagine

-----------------------Cech

---Ferreria-----Luiz-------Terry------Bertrand

----------------------Romeu

--------------Merieles

--------------------------------Lampard

Sturridge---------------------------------Mata

---------------------Torres

Subs: Turnbull, Cole, Bosingwa, McEachran, Drogba, Malouda, Lukaku

I'd give Ashley a rest in this one, he's been working his socks off in the last few games and he's not getting any younger. Plus Bertrand really needs to start at least a handful of games this season.

Also went for Paulo instead of Jose at RB, but have Jose on the bench as a replacement RB or CB if needed.

Edited by BlueSkies

I would loan Lukaka to Fulham, they will need him when Zamora goes to QPhaha.

I would go with this team.

Cech (by default, not on current form)

Bos/Paulo, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Romeu, Lampard

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Give Torres 30mins as well. Lampard always does well against Foolham, plus Meireles is so average.

Meirles was outstanding last night. How can you call him average?

I quite enjoyed Bosingwa at centre half. He seemed to be very comfortable there. If Luiz is fit then I would guess he'd play, but I'd have no qualms putting Bosingwa in there. Also thought Ferreira had a very good game.

Midfield will presumably include Frank as Ramires is suspended.

Drogba will play until he goes off to the ACN.

That looks a decent line-up Blueskies.

Fulham have looked shocking at times this season but we all know this is the game they'll want to win and no doubt will be up for it.

Just a thought but with Ramires out, Fulham at home, wouldn't that be an ideal opportunity to give Josh a start?

Sorry. Ridiculous I know. What was I thinking?

Fulham have looked shocking at times this season but we all know this is the game they'll want to win and no doubt will be up for it.

Just a thought but with Ramires out, Fulham at home, wouldn't that be an ideal opportunity to give Josh a start?

Also that midfield looked very slow and one dimensional against wigan.

I'd love to give Josh a start, but I've long since given up including him in my lineups.

I would start like this:

------------Cech

---Bos-Luiz-Terry-Cole

-----------Romeu

---Meireles----Lampard

-Mata----------------Malouda

---------Sturridge

Drogba's been average since his game against Valencia. Ramires is suspended. I think Sturridge deserves a proper go up front. He's in form and has played excellently so far.

Edited by gee

I would start like this:

------------Cech

---Bos-Luiz-Terry-Cole

-----------Romeu

---Meireles----Lampard

-Mata----------------Malouda

---------Sturridge

Drogba's been average since his game against Valencia. Ramires is suspended. I think Sturridge deserves a proper go up front. He's in form and has played excellently so far.

A couple of points on that line up.

Sturridge scores a lot of his goals arriving at the far end by losing his full back like he did against Spurs. I am not sure how he'd fare when he has the attention of two center halves all the time. I am not for experimenting at the moment. Just stick with whats working.

I wouldn't let Malouda anywhere near the starting eleven unless I'm left with no choice but to bite the bullet. Lampard is a headache enough at the moment; him and Malouda in the same team would make me cringe.

Mata on the right would be even more of a waste than Mata on the left.

At least Luiz is back. Maybe a 4231 to maximise Mata's creativity to compensate for the loss of Rambo's runs?

----------- Cech -----------

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

---- Romeu - Meireles ----

- Danny - Mata - Kalou -

---------- Torres ----------

I think Drogba needs a break and its useless giving Torres 5 minutes here or there. Either Sturridge or him up front. Kalou is the concession but he does nick goals and with Mata in the hole he'll have three possible outlets in the final third rather than just the one when he drifts inside in the 433. If Ivan's unfit then obviously bos (maybe CB again) or Paulo in.

Leave sturridge on the right, thats his best position IMO. Allows him to drift in behind the full back and round the back of the defence without being noticed. Fernando needs a start, but Drogba is more in form so i dont know on that front. Romeu back into midfield, keep Mikel away. Ivan looks unlikely so i would say this;

Cech

Bos-Luiz-JT-Cole

Romeu

Lampard-Meirleles

Studge-Torres-Mata

Edit; Just seen Rambo is suspended so out he comes

Edited by Brayerz

At least Luiz is back. Maybe a 4231 to maximise Mata's creativity to compensate for the loss of Rambo's runs?

----------- Cech -----------

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

---- Romeu - Meireles ----

- Danny - Mata - Kalou -

---------- Torres ----------

I think Drogba needs a break and its useless giving Torres 5 minutes here or there. Either Sturridge or him up front. Kalou is the concession but he does nick goals and with Mata in the hole he'll have three possible outlets in the final third rather than just the one when he drifts inside in the 433. If Ivan's unfit then obviously bos (maybe CB again) or Paulo in.

I very much like this idea. I think it would be very effective, but there are question marks in a few places. Can Romeu step forward from the lone holding role (which is normally deeper than in the 4-2-3-1) or would he find it difficult to settle into a position he may not have played before and would Meireles have the awareness to drop in to cover Romeu at the right times. Kalou I think would be frustrating, but would definitely make us a more dynamic attacking threat than if we were playing the 4-3-3 without Ramires' runs.

It would be very interesting to see how that would pan out.

Yeah worth a try was my thinking. It'd be nicer to have a recognised left winger but the problem we've got at the moment is Mata can't be in 2 places at once. He's either inside to create (which means he has no left wing outlet and Sturridge is usually the only pass on) or he's putting in crosses or making runs on his flank which leaves poor distribution in the middle. Ramires and Mireless attack the back line rather than dissect it.

I'd trust Romeu in a double pivot. He's incredibly adaptable and his positioning is one of the best aspects of his game. We know how well he can pass as well and I'd be confident in his ability to come forward at the right time or circulate the ball to Mata effectively whilst sharing the defensive responsibility with Raul. In fact, I'd be more worried about Meireles leaving him isolated back there with his tendencies as an AMC.

Not sure if AVB will go for it though but our midfield without Ramires just feel very static.

Yeah worth a try was my thinking. It'd be nicer to have a recognised left winger but the problem we've got at the moment is Mata can't be in 2 places at once. He's either inside to create (which means he has no left wing outlet and Sturridge is usually the only pass on) or he's putting in crosses or making runs on his flank which leaves poor distribution in the middle. Ramires and Mireless attack the back line rather than dissect it.

I'd trust Romeu in a double pivot. He's incredibly adaptable and his positioning is one of the best aspects of his game. We know how well he can pass as well and I'd be confident in his ability to come forward at the right time or circulate the ball to Mata effectively whilst sharing the defensive responsibility with Raul. In fact, I'd be more worried about Meireles leaving him isolated back there with his tendencies as an AMC.

Not sure if AVB will go for it though but our midfield without Ramires just feel very static.

I totally agree with that last part, he's a player you wouldn't want to defend against with his direct running. If Ramires was fit against Wigan we would've won. He's been our best player in this calendar year by some way.