Myles_91

Apologies as this is now my 2nd article singling out a referee and his general conduct in Chelsea games but I have to admit when I found out Dowd was ref not a word of a lie my first thoughts were "Sh*t" and "when is he going to give the penalty or red card against us?".

I'd just like to make it clear that I think most of the referees we have are top refs and I understand it is a difficult and sometimes daunting job but I can't remember the last time where Dowd has officiated a Chelsea game and not given major decisions against us.

Now I understand he wasn't responsible for the two offside goals that went against us but he was for the ridiculously soft penalty United got when Nani seemingly just tripped over. I understand Torres was booked for diving and had 2 stonewall penalties (one of which even Phil Thompson openly admitted) turned down. This isn't the first time he has accused Chelsea players of simulation. David Luiz was booked for diving in the Carling Cup against Liverpool despite clear contact being made and then he later gave Liverpool a pen for something that was debatable.

There are numerous occasions in which I feel his conduct in reffing Chelsea games have been substandard and showed that of clear bias towards the opposition.

I'm almost certain that Dowd, Foy, Elleray and Poll are drinking buddies and just go down to the pub on a Saturday night laughing at our expense and sharing their views on how much they hate us.

I have never rated Dowd as a ref, but there is just something not right about this guy when he refs our games, surely even neutrals and Chelsea-haters will soon pick up on this.

Edited by Myles_91

Shearer on Torres yellow card: "What (Dowd) is saying to Torres is 'you're a cheat'. And Torres isn't a cheat." Terrible decision.

Alan Hansen, surprisingly saying good stuff about us and Torres on MOTD. He also said it was 2 stone wall penos to us.

Phil Dowd is a c**t.

It wasn't just the two penalties and the decision to book Torres.

There are three other examples during the game I could cite ..

1. Early doors, he books Luiz for a nothing challenge. Even Tony Gale said it was harsh. It means Luiz is on tenterhooks for the rest of the game. He then allows Sunderland to take the free-kick from a far better angle, quite blatently.

2. When Lampard was scythed down by Cattermole, and rightly booked, the Sunderland players surrounded the ref, complaining about their prior penalty appeal. Dowd has a notoriously low tolerance of dissent. He just stood there and took it. Normally he flashes the yellow at anyone that so much as breathes on him. Imagine if that had been Chelsea.

3. Ramires was hacked down shortly before Meireles hacked someone down in similar fashion, both infringements happening within minutes of each other, towards the end of the game. Our man booked theirs not.

It's been clear for a long time Dowd has a problem with us and he should not be allowed to officiate our games. There are four refs I dread getting .. Mike Dean, Chris Foy, Mark Halsey and Phil Dowd. Dowd is by far the worst of the lot, when it comes to us .. and that's saying something believe you me.

Dowd, is a poor ref, I'm not that you can say he hates us, I think its rather that he loves being the centre of attention and show us all how important he is.

He does it to Arsenal as well, but must be too afraid of Fergie to do it to Man U, so we all think he's bias against us.

The card for diving was disgraceful. There was contact, and Torres didn't even put his hands up for a penalty. That's the thing I don't get about card for diving, there is just no consistency. If referee gives the card for simulation everytime a player goes down in the box without contact, there will be at least 5-6 cards every game.

When was the last time an United, or Liverpool player get carded for simulation in a home game? We just get f* more than anyone by the referee.

I f**king hate phil dowd, always have, he never gives us anything, booking Torres was an awful decision, it looked like a stone wall penalty from row AA of the MHL so how that silly fat w**ker didn't see it I just don't know.

Useless fat w**ker, end of.

No doubt that he made some bad calls against us however he also denied the Mackems a stone wall penalty too. I felt the lino's were poor yesterday as they seemed reluctant to make any decisions which leads me to think Dowd tells them pre-match that all calls will be down to him. As an example Bendtner's last minute chance was clearly offside (not sure whether anyone has mentioned this) but nothing given.

No doubt that he made some bad calls against us however he also denied the Mackems a stone wall penalty too. I felt the lino's were poor yesterday as they seemed reluctant to make any decisions which leads me to think Dowd tells them pre-match that all calls will be down to him. As an example Bendtner's last minute chance was clearly offside (not sure whether anyone has mentioned this) but nothing given.

Just watched it on sky and Bendtner was definitely offside, he was clearly behind Luiz when the ball was played.

My only arguement to this was the penalty he gave in the cc which was given by the Lino, who could never have seen the offence but went on the dippers moaning!

I know this thread is about his incompetence, so that's a valid point, but that incident between Bendtner and Cole came directly from the one when he ignored the first trip on Torres (when Mata could/ should have scored when one-on-one). If he'd blown, there'd have been no Sunderland attack.

I know this thread is about his incompetence, so that's a valid point, but that incident between Bendtner and Cole came directly from the one when he ignored the first trip on Torres (when Mata could/ should have scored when one-on-one). If he'd blown, there'd have been no Sunderland attack.

So? The fact is he didn't blow for either so it's double incompetence :-)