Rumoured bust up between Cole and AVB

romansoldier1981

Just read that apparently yesterday there was an incident in a team meeting but dont know if it was before or after the game.

Ashley Cole said to AVB " I had joined Chelsea to win trophies but your tactics cannot win us anything".... even Frank Lampard had arguments.

AVB responded with: " im the boss here!"

I would like to state that at this moment its a rumour and has not been confirmed.

Now as much as I am not convinced AVB is the right man for the job and I hope he proves me wrong, I cannot stand the thought of certain players acting like that in the dressing room.

These sort of outbursts by some players will also have a negative effect on other and younger players, it doesnt help that for the last 2 games Buck and Gourley have been sitting in the stands shaking their heads.

I think that if RA really does back AVB then he needs to send someone out from the board to hold a press conference and clearly state that AVB is the man for the job and that any players not happy with that decision are free to look for new teams.

It would really send a message now if AVB drops Lamps and Cole for the next 5 games.

What frustrates me is that he refuses to use young players, Bertrand is a class LB and given a run of games will be a perfect replacement for Cole; in the case of Lamps if we had maybe not sent out McEachran to Swansea then it might be easier to drop Frank.

My main point is that palyers need to understand they are employed by the owner and are not bigger than the club or anyone else that works there.

Id there is friction these players need to be droped to the reserves. And transfer listted in the summer.

You can not have a team running the dressing room.

Cole has looked of pace most of the season, another players who is on the downward slide.

Now im not saying its true but i would reserve a sh!t load of respect for AVB if he just booted any one who dared to question his say. There paid to play football, go out there and do what the manager says, if you carry out his actions he will be acountable, if you dont you are.

I have a feeling this was born entirely out of Ashley's body language when he was brought on last night, but if not then this is another man management fiasco from AVB.

Judging by Cole's painful attempts at running last night he was nowhere near match fitness and as someone who is concerned with the deterioration of his body I feel he would have every right to be pissed off that he was made to play 80 minutes of a Champions League game. How long before we start hearing the phrase 'position has become untenable'?

So which is it, did he fall out with Cole for dropping him or playing him?

In Andres words "In the end it would be fantastic if we win the game, any explanation is useless given the result of the game." in his post match statement it looked like Ashley wanted to play but as he wasn't 100% fit He was on the bench, my choice would have been Bertrand but he played Bos (who never lets us down at LB) and he probably planned giving Ash a run out later on but didn't fancy him for 90 minutes.

Regardless what we think of jis selections, players are paid to take orders from the Manager and they shouldn't be making waves because they don't like it.

I noticed (and posted on the match thread) last night that Cole paid absolutely no attention to the manager when he was giving him instructions, only giving the merest nod of disdain at the end.

I for one believe there is a MAJOR problem with certain senior players and the manager at the club.

It's blatantly obvious now, and i'm sorry but no amount of 'paper talk/rumours/crap journalists' posts are going to convince me otherwise.

The club needs to make a decision, and someone from 'up top' needs to either..

Tell the players involved that they DO NOT run the club, and if they don't like the situation put in a transfer request which WILL be accepted... or..

Sack the manager and start all over again ???

This just can't go on, it must be affecting the relationship between the players, training must be somewhat strained, and the lack of communication IS showing on the pitch.

It's time for the club to act firmly in this matter before the season goes from bad to worse.

Alan

I think we definitely need someone from the board to come out publicly and say that any team player that is not happy the manager or the long term plan of the club will be allowed to leave at the end of the season and AVB should let them train with the youth team, if he did it to Alex and Anelka he should do it to others, if what happened is true then this really is a big test of his personality.

If he does have the balls to stand his ground and not let these players take over I will definitely admire him more

I'm sure I heard Gary Neville say something in the build-up on Sky last night about players leaking stuff to journalists. I think it was said around them discussing the team selections being reported on various sources several hours before the team was officially announced. But I could have misunderstood as I was only half paying attention. Did anyone else hear this?

As much as I love frank, no player is bigger than the team. Play must go on and the objective must be to win. Look at beckham and Ronaldo, everyone thought that united would be in shambles without them but united have been more successful more than anything. Better to go thorough the transition now so it can benefit the team in the long run.

Play Ryan, the boy is a regular at under21 for England so i dont think the pressure will get to him, also i would rather lose knowing that all our players are trying hard or are youngsters getting ready for the future, Cole has been a great player for us but now he just seems like an average LB, I just saw Lahm play for Bayern and that boy still has it, dominated the left hand side all game and put in passes, tackles and crosses, something Cole has forgotten how to do

It's fascinating how, the longer this drama has gone on, the more public opinion is turning against the "problem" players.

No-one complained when player power ousted Scolari. And if AVB had been sacked a few weeks ago, no-one would have complained this time either. But the longer AVB stays, the more people are aware that the problem at Chelsea is at least as much with some senior players as it is with the manager.

I've long had Ash and Lamps at the top of the list of suspects. Napoli saw Ash, once more, fail to follow his man. And once more, it ended-up in a goal. Not sure if Ash couldn't or wouldn't run back. I suspect he couldn't, which is why Bos took his place.

I respect both Ash and Lamps a great deal. Frank is a man of enormous character and integrity. He wouldn't be the first player to fight against losing playing time. But I say again, this is the time for he an Ash to put aside their personal greivances and to work with the manager for what's best for the club. This dissension isn't helping the players any more than it's helping the club.

I also dont think they would want the last years at the club to be remembered in a negative way, Ashley is right in saying he joined Chelsea to win titles what he forgets is that theres another 25 players who have done the same and that a starting spot is earned by the amount of work and dedication you put in and not your name or what you have achieved in the past.

I do worry that Lamps might damage his legacy a bit. That's one reason why I hope that the issues are resolved.

It's understandable that players who can see the finish line of their careers want no part of a rebuilding project. They want playing time and they want one last chance at glory via trophies. Perfectly understandable.

It's inevitable that they'll be in conflict with someone who's looking at a 3-year project and who wants to change the way they play.

The way to have avoided all of this is to have steadily changed the roster over the last few years, instead of letting it grow old together. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Which set the stage for this year's crisis.

I have a feeling this was born entirely out of Ashley's body language when he was brought on last night, but if not then this is another man management fiasco from AVB.

Judging by Cole's painful attempts at running last night he was nowhere near match fitness and as someone who is concerned with the deterioration of his body I feel he would have every right to be pissed off that he was made to play 80 minutes of a Champions League game. How long before we start hearing the phrase 'position has become untenable'?

The general concensus on sky was dis-belief that he wasn't starting as he had trained for the last few days. I don't think he looked particually unfit, well no worse than the rest of the season so far.

This is probably a rumour, but to be fair I thought the same when cole Cheated on cheryl, when he shot someone at the training ground etc but unfortunately rumours with ashley have a tendancy to be true

It might be worth remembering that for a manager to gain trust from his players,it has to work both ways.

If a player who at one time was amongst the worlds best in his position,with vast experience, tells his manager that he is ready & able to play, then that manager must show faith and play him.These 'older' players just may know what their capable of, or not, after all these years.

If Ashley wasn't up to playing then why is he on the bench?,what message does AVB give him by playing Bossy in his place,a fullback who is supprisingly average & if the truth were told,hasn't come close to matching the achievements or talents,(or commitment to the tackle), of the guy he's replacing.

He might not be as effective as he once was,(& he's not alone) but in all honesty,I've never felt that when he's played,he's ever failed to give 100% to the cause.

If he really wanted to f*ck Andre,then he could have let that goaline clearence 'pass him by', couldn't he?.

In truth,that never entered his mind because,irrespective of any disagrements,while on the pitch,he's a top, top pro.

Who really knows what he's like as a person,the guy might be a bit of a tw*t,but unless you know him personally,why should we judge him about that, (or care to be honest).

If there is a question about the senior guys & their 'power' over the club, & if true, (& I doubt it), then if no manager or Roman himself has been brave enough to tackle it before AVB,then why not just let time do the deed?.

None of these guys will be able to play at this level,in this league for much longer,so if there is a problem,then just keep quiet & let the ravages of time do the dirty work.

Personally I think it's bollocks,if Andre is unable to work with these guys,proven winners, then he's at the wrong club.His job is to manage men,not bloody robots.

Even with new players & a new squad,there will still be players who will want to ask questions & seek answers from their manager.

Andre or anyone else to be able to succseed in the job, will have to be able to answer the questions while looking them straight in the eye.

It all comes down to trust, (IMO).

The way Ash let his man by him suggests to me he just couldn't keep up. I do indeed think he wasn't at 100%

Training the day before means nothing. Terry also trained the day before. The idea was to test them to see if they were fit enough.

In their manager's opinion, neither was.