Last 8 Draw 16/03/12

Messiesta

ok, the last 8 and my dream-draw on Friday.

Barcelona,

AC Milan,

Bayern Munich,

Olympique Marseille,

Benfica

APOEL Nicosia

Real Madrid and,

Chelsea

Quarter Finals:

1. Barcelona vs Benfica = Barcelona

2 AC Milan vs Olympique Marseille = AC Milan

3. Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid = Real Madrid

4. Apoel vs Chelsea = Chelsea

Semi Finals:

1. Barcelona vs AC Milan = Barcelona

2. Real Madrid vs Chelsea = Chelsea

Finals:

Barcelona vs Chelsea

so, this is my dream final in Germany.

Apoel vs Chelsea

Barca Vs Madrid

Munich Vs Milan

Benifca Vs Marseille

Pllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeee!?!?!?

That would be a lovely draw, but I can't see RM meeting Barca somehow.

Apoel vs Chelsea

Barca Vs Madrid

Munich Vs Milan

Benifca Vs Marseille

Pllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeee!?!?!?

This would be the best possible draw. I bet we get Barca or Madrid next tho.

To be honest i dont want Apoel or Benfica and maybe even Marseille, they are the 'easy' option yes and we'll probably go through. But for me he 'old guard' require a BIG challenge for their real qualities to show, i hope they prove me wrong and perform with that intensity for the rest of the season but i just think the occasion of having something to prove and coming back from a deficit allowed them to step up. They knew they were being watched by the world and want to prove they still 'have' it.

BRING ON REAL.

To be honest i dont want Apoel or Benfica and maybe even Marseille, they are the 'easy' option yes and we'll probably go through. But for me he 'old guard' require a BIG challenge for their real qualities to show, i hope they prove me wrong and perform with that intensity for the rest of the season but i just think the occasion of having something to prove and coming back from a deficit allowed them to step up. They knew they were being watched by the world and want to prove they still 'have' it.

BRING ON REAL.

Yes, but this needs to be strategic..is important to progress to last 4 or last two, so it is not good strategy to wish for difficult side early because elimination chance is higher this time than later in competition. Yes, I agree not to say that CFC does not have capability to beat anyone..yes they can. but it is important to have good luck to the final match to avoid RMA or AC Milan at Quarter finals. to give example, no one wants to play against my team at this stage because is not good luck for them and is too early.

Edited by Messiesta

Do they still draw the semis in this part aswell?

If so: Chelsea V Apoel with the winner playing the winner in Marseille V Benfica

Barca V AC Milan with the winner playing the winner in Real Madrid V Bayern Munich.

Would be the perfect draw for us. I know people will say we have to play one of the big teams at some stage, but in a one off knockout game I'd see us doing something against all of them.

Probably getting a little bit ahead of myself...

If we are talking dream draws...this is mine. I want an easy route to the cup as truthfully I dont trust this current side to beat any of Real, Barca or Bayern...so i would prefer the easiest options! Gutless maybe, but more chance of winning

Quarter Finals:

1. Barcelona vs Real= Real

2 AC Milan vs Olympique Marseille = Marseille

3. Bayern Munich vs apoel = apoel

4.benfica vs Chelsea = Chelsea

Semi Finals:

1. apoel vs real = apoel

2. marseille vs Chelsea = Chelsea

Finals:

apoel vs Chelsea

Edited by nonotnowjim

Well my thoughts for the teams and the draw are :

3 teams vs whom we have 75% chance of getting further - Benfica, Marseille and Apoel.

2 teams vs whom we have 50% chance of getting further - Bayern and Milan.

2 teams vs whom we have 25% chance of getting further - Real and Barca.

Edited by Rami

We've shown over the years that we can match Barca. Sure, we're not the team that we were a few years ago but I believe, if we play our best, we can knock out anyone over two legs. Plus, we deserve a bit of luck in the competition after so many unlucky results/decisions.

Apoel would be the obvious choice, but if we want to get to the final we'll need to beat a Barcelona or a Real Madrid anyway at some point, so doesn't really matter who we get.

I don't agree with this logic. Right now Barca and Madrid look very good.

But things can change. Injuries, loss of form, suspensions.

Much better to delay meeting either one until it's absolutely necessary. Let one knock the other out, let Bayern catch the winner on a flat day. Anything could happen.

Time is an ingredient that is often overlooked. Give the best teams time to find misfortune.

Anyone But Real will do. Not afraid of Barca over 2 legs, over 1 that's a different story.

Benfica vs Marseille/APOEL vs Chelsea

VS

Barca/AC Milan vs Real Madrid/Bayern

That will do me fine. :good2:

Edited by Myles_91

What time is the draw does anyone know?

I fancy AC Milan please....

OH Dennis Wise, scored a fcuking great goal, in the San Siro.....

March, Friday 16 2012, Live at 11.45 CET

UEFA Headquarters, Nyon,Switzerland

-Central Eastern Time- (check for local time in your area)

This is today yes.