Arsenal vs Chelsea (PL) 21/04/12 KO: 12:45 BST

Haven't seen a thread yet so figured I may as well make it. We'll have to rest some players for this one because of our Barca game next week, and now that Ivanovic can't play, who should we put at right back? Bosingwa, Ferreira, maybe even Essien?

Also, what do you think for our lineup?

Edited by Teritus

With the Barca game coming up on Tuesday night I can see a few players being rested despite 4th place being a huge aim. Having such an advantage before Barca is surely too tempting and I would be very surprised to see Drogba feature at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if Torres, Sturridge and Malouda/Mata were the 3 up top. Lampard could make way for Essien in midfield.

If Luiz is fit I wonder if he could slot in at right back so that we could keep JT and Cahill playing together. If not then I'd play Bosingwa.

In any case will be very interesting to see how RDM approaches this game.

Edited by ant-sw6

With the Barca game coming up on Tuesday night I can see a few players being rested despite 4th place being a huge aim. Having such an advantage before Barca is surely too tempting and I would be very surprised to see Drogba feature at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if Torres, Sturridge and Malouda/Mata were the 3 up top. Lampard could make way for Essien in midfield.

If Luiz is fit I wonder if he could slot in at right back so that we could keep JT and Cahill playing together. If not then I'd play Bosingwa.

In any case will be very interesting to see how RDM approaches this game.

Yeah, Luiz could also do well. I forgot about him. Any news about his injury?

Yeah, Luiz could also do well. I forgot about him. Any news about his injury?

I'm not sure they just said he'd miss the first leg originally I think. So I presume he will have a fitness test or we will get more news tomorrow if he isn't fit.

About time someone makes a thread :)

Havent heard any news of luiz either from a sports site or chelsea's site yet

Big game but like us I think all the players's minds are in the Barcelona one, but players like sturridge and torres who most likely wont be used on thuesday at least from the start will be highly motivated for this.

My lineup would be

Cech

Bosingwa-Cahill-Terry-Cole

Mikel

Meireles-Mata

Sturridge-Torres-Kalou

My lineup would be

Cech

Bosingwa-Cahill-Terry-Cole

Mikel

Meireles-Mata

Sturridge-Torres-Kalou

Looks about right to me. Maybe Ramires in there for Raul, since Rambo seems to have limitless energy anyway. But still, it'd be nice to have him rested for Barca.

I'm usually nervous with Bossy at RB, but against Arsenal, it might actually work......provided he uses his speed to blast towards the end line instead of holding play up. Santos is no speed demon, so Bossy should be able to torch him.

I would want Ferreira to start he is much more dependable than Bosingwa who is utter sh*t.Sturridge should be given a go he hasn't played for awhile now since Di Matteo usually started Drogba or Torres upfront with wingers supporting them.Any how i think we will play like this

--------------------------------Cech

Ferreira----------Cahill------------Terry----------Cole (perhaps Bertrand to keep Cole fresh for Tuesday)

------------Mikel----------Essien--------------------------

Sturridge------Lampard-------Mata-------------

-------------------Drogba------------------------------

With Danny and Mata being more offensive and Lamps playing a deeper role.

Going to be hard against a rested Arsenal side. Either the emotion of Wednesday will carry us through with another great display, or all our sererves will have been depleted and the arsenal will pick us off.

Robbie will have to check on the fitness of the squad, but would imagine resting the likes of Drogba will happen, maybe Lamps, Cole and Ramires too.

Ferreira----------Cahill------------Terry----------Cole

-----------------------------Mikel------------------------

-----------------Essien-------------Malouda

----Sturridge---------------------------------Mata---

----------------------------Torres------------------------

I don't really think Drogba is injured, I just think it's an excuse to rest him. He wouldn't be able to play 3 matches against top opposition in 7 days anyway, and we need his physique and general leaders presence more against Barcelona.

I can't see RDM resting too many players. Both Ramires and Mata were substituted before 90 minutes was played on Wednesday, so I think they will play. I'm guessing/hoping for 4-2-3-1 with these players:

Cech - Bos, Cahill, Terry, Cole - Mikel, Lampard/Essien - Rami, Mata, Studge/Kalou - Torres

Arsenal is a good side. They have better wingers than us and a far better striker than we have, even though he's a bit out of shape. Luckily they have Arteta injured, he's the engine of the Arses. We need the best players to play.

If Drogba would have been fit I would be in two minds about letting him play. On one hand I think he should start against Barcelona so maybe he should rest in this one, but on the other hand, how often hasn't he been a beast against Arsenal. Wenger probably has nightmares about him.

At one point I almost dreamed of him and Lukaku together up front. Would make Wenger wet his pants.

Speaking of Lukaku - that huge gem that we bought for big money and then just gave up on - is there any chance of him atleast being on the bench? With Drogba out maybe he should get the opportunity.

As it stands I guess Torres will start up front. Not sure if RDM will rest that many players. Even if the game against Barcelona is huge, this game is also very important. That fourth place is just a couple of points away with five games to go. Also, if we beat Arsenal we will be only four points behind them with one game in hand, so we could end up just one point behind them and have a shot at 3rd place.

If Drogba would have been fit I would be in two minds about letting him play. On one hand I think he should start against Barcelona so maybe he should rest in this one, but on the other hand, how often hasn't he been a beast against Arsenal. Wenger probably has nightmares about him.

At one point I almost dreamed of him and Lukaku together up front. Would make Wenger wet his pants.

Speaking of Lukaku - that huge gem that we bought for big money and then just gave up on - is there any chance of him atleast being on the bench? With Drogba out maybe he should get the opportunity.

As it stands I guess Torres will start up front. Not sure if RDM will rest that many players. Even if the game against Barcelona is huge, this game is also very important. That fourth place is just a couple of points away with five games to go. Also, if we beat Arsenal we will be only four points behind them with one game in hand, so we could end up just one point behind them and have a shot at 3rd place.

Given up on? He is 18 ffs! He is one for the future and whilst I like you have been a bit disappointed in his lack of bench appearences I can understand why he hasn't been there.