Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I still think we should start Torres on our right, he will track back and we need to get at their left side defence as its been decimated by bans and will be an entirely new unit.

I agree, it also opens up the rotation of Drogba and Torres to give them something to think about. Everyone is getting the impression we are going there to defend and counter, I just think someone like Torres may have the slight dip in concentration doubling up with Bosingwa because he's not used to being in that situation, take Barcelona for example. His goal came off a mistake, he might not be lucky the 2nd time around.

My heart says Torres to start, my mind says Malouda/Essien.

I agree, it also opens up the rotation of Drogba and Torres to give them something to think about. Everyone is getting the impression we are going there to defend and counter, I just think someone like Torres may have the slight dip in concentration doubling up with Bosingwa because he's not used to being in that situation, take Barcelona for example. His goal came off a mistake, he might not be lucky the 2nd time around.

The sad thing for me is that I don't see Essien as any more reliable than Torres (or Malouda) when it comes to defending now. He really has looked way off the pace after this last come back.

I'm with you. Torres has always looked good out wide. A backheeled cross for Drogba to head in would be a legendary winner!

There is still a part of me that thinks win at any cost and therefore I could live with us parking the bus and nicking it on one breakaway. So again, Torres could give us the breakaway potential that we will miss from Ramires.

I was just about to completely agree with Snedger, and then read Sheva's post. Now I don't know what to think. Torres on the right would certainly be a replacement for Rambos forward marauding against Barca, but his defensive lapses could be crucial (he did balls up a couple of times before his goal against Barca).

I was just about to completely agree with Snedger, and then read Sheva's post. Now I don't know what to think. Torres on the right would certainly be a replacement for Rambos forward marauding against Barca, but his defensive lapses could be crucial (he did balls up a couple of times before his goal against Barca).

So difficult. I wouldn't swap shoes with Robbie. So much at stake for so many and his decisions will very likely be seen as what won or lost it (barring some crazy moment from say Luiz rugby tackling someone in the penalty in the first 5 minutes - I do hope he really has got that stuff out of his sytem now).

Steve Bruce has just frightened me. He has just said that he is worried about Cahill and Luiz because they haven't played since their injuries and with them being hamstring injuries, if they reoccur, there is nothing you can do. You can't strap them up and battle on. So we could in a worst case lose a centreback or two early on and therefore make two subs early. Hamstrings are terrible things.

I keep telling myself if we can come out on top 3-2 after 180 mins against Barcelona we can beat anyone on a one off.

Tbf we can say the same after knocking out the team that beat Barcelona to the Spanish title by several points. Still fairly calm atm but by tomorrow evening the nerves will be kicking in.

Tbf we can say the same after knocking out the team that beat Barcelona to the Spanish title by several points. Still fairly calm atm but by tomorrow evening the nerves will be kicking in.

yeah but u guys needed pens to do it :p

This final feels more epic than 2008. A European final shouldn't involve 2 clubs from the same country (for no legitimate reason other than I think it looks silly). Also, its hard to get get excited about playing Man United for the umpteenth time. Though if we had won it I might think differently....

This final feels more epic than 2008. A European final shouldn't involve 2 clubs from the same country (for no legitimate reason other than I think it looks silly). Also, its hard to get get excited about playing Man United for the umpteenth time. Though if we had won it I might think differently....

Agreed.

Listening to Radio 1 today they did a bit on the game in munich.

They spoke to a Chelsea fan who had a ticket to the match and his words were

"this is the biggest day of my life. I've waited for this for years and but I can just see FAT FRANK lifting the trophy"

WTF, I honestly thought none of our fans would label him FAT FRANK. What a Knob head

Listening to Radio 1 today they did a bit on the game in munich.

They spoke to a Chelsea fan who had a ticket to the match and his words were

"this is the biggest day of my life. I've waited for this for years and but I can just see FAT FRANK lifting the trophy"

WTF, I honestly thought none of our fans would label him FAT FRANK. What a Knob head

With fans like this, who needs enemies?