Malouda edging for Exit door?

Zola

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ligue-1/news/article/255/8063316/lyon-hint-at-malouda-return

Malouda has been deemed surplus to requirements in Roberto Di Matteo's plans and has been left out of Chelsea's Champions League squad.

The France international also claims he has been forced to train with the club's kids after slipping down the pecking order in the Chelsea first team.

Malouda left Lyon for Chelsea in 2007 and the French club's president, Jean-Michel Aulas, claims the door is open for Malouda to return to Stade Gerland.

"Our door is always open to former players," said Aulas. "Malouda has been in contact with our coaching team very recently.

"We've also spoken with Jeremy Toulalan who has been having problems at Malaga."

Tough old business this football. The man was the pride and joy of our squad just 2 seasons ago and now he is playing with the kids...Hope this is sorted sooner than later.

Couldn't agree more. He's a professional and you take the downs with the ups but if you have pride this will be depressing

As you get on in your career every playing moment matters. No one wants to waste time playing at a lower level than what they are capable of

Its funny in a way. Last season fans on here were really slagging off AVB for sending Alex and Anelka who requested to leave and wasnt going to sign a new contract to train with the kids but no one has said anything about Robbie sending Flo to train with the kids. For me its the same situation.

Its funny in a way. Last season fans on here were really slagging off AVB for sending Alex and Anelka who requested to leave and wasnt going to sign a new contract to train with the kids but no one has said anything about Robbie sending Flo to train with the kids. For me its the same situation.

Do we know it's Robbie though?

This could be something from above him, I'm sure Robbie and Flo have a decent relationship.

In fact Loz said it very cogently here;

Poor show by Robbie in my opinion. Whether or not Flo is in his plans (obviously isn't) making a full international player, who has played regularly for the first team for seasons, and contributed to trophy winning teams, train with the youth team is poor management.

I haven't read all the responses in this thread so apologies if it has already been mentioned but for me this is no better than the way AVB dealt with Anelka and Alex once he decided they were to be sown the door. It is a shoddy way to treat a player and it is also a risky strategy in terms of dressing room harmony. Malouda has not (as far as I know) been a disruptive influence in the camp, has not thrown his toys out of the pram about sporadic appearances and largely seems to be reasonably popular with the other players.

He may or may not have been offered to a Brazilian club but using that to claim he is definitely just in it for money is nonsense in my eyes. Malouda is a European player who is used to being in a high profile league - the Brazilian league is a bit part league in the eyes of European football fans (I don't necessarily mean in terms of quality but certainly in terms of visibility) and if he did turn down a move there it could just as likely been a decision influenced by personal ambition rather than maximising income.

Yes Malouda isn't the greatest player in the squad and probably only had about one and a half good seasons for us but there are no shortage of players in Chelsea's history we could say that about (and a lot more) and it doesn't merit being abused for deciding to stay at the club.

Dont get me wrong im not slating Robbie here at all, i just thought it was funny how all those really slagged AVB off for doing to Alex and Nico what is being done to Flo.

Not sure how much the managers are to blame, maybe they are though. I always thought decisions at the club came from the boys above the manager tbh.

I dont think it was Robbie who did it at all.

Bound to have come from the bean counters, who are under pressure to cut the wage bill after getting the new recruits, probably nagging away Romans ear and frustrating him.

Its a different situation really from AVB's time.

Bound to have come from the bean counters who are wanting to cut the wage bill after getting the new recruits.

The way I see it too.

Robbie was a player he knows how it feels when things go against you like having to retire early so I cant see him punishing Flo in this way.

In fact Loz said it very cogently here;

Poor show by Robbie in my opinion. Whether or not Flo is in his plans (obviously isn't) making a full international player, who has played regularly for the first team for seasons, and contributed to trophy winning teams, train with the youth team is poor management.

I haven't read all the responses in this thread so apologies if it has already been mentioned but for me this is no better than the way AVB dealt with Anelka and Alex once he decided they were to be sown the door. It is a shoddy way to treat a player and it is also a risky strategy in terms of dressing room harmony. Malouda has not (as far as I know) been a disruptive influence in the camp, has not thrown his toys out of the pram about sporadic appearances and largely seems to be reasonably popular with the other players.

He may or may not have been offered to a Brazilian club but using that to claim he is definitely just in it for money is nonsense in my eyes. Malouda is a European player who is used to being in a high profile league - the Brazilian league is a bit part league in the eyes of European football fans (I don't necessarily mean in terms of quality but certainly in terms of visibility) and if he did turn down a move there it could just as likely been a decision influenced by personal ambition rather than maximising income.

Yes Malouda isn't the greatest player in the squad and probably only had about one and a half good seasons for us but there are no shortage of players in Chelsea's history we could say that about (and a lot more) and it doesn't merit being abused for deciding to stay at the club.

I stand corrected.

Bound to have come from the bean counters, who are under pressure to cut the wage bill after getting the new recruits, probably nagging away Romans ear and frustrating him.

Its a different situation really from AVB's time.

Why is it different? We dont know this time or the last if it was the manager or the board but either way its still the same thing.

Chelsea would have to give him a pay off. I cant see them doing that, they would have done it by now if. I think he will go in January for next to nothing. Maybe back to France for a season and a half and then off to Brazil.

Dont get me wrong im not slating Robbie here at all, i just thought it was funny how all those really slagged AVB off for doing to Alex and Nico what is being done to Flo.

Common sense has to enter into it. If a player is stuck here, and we are paying his wages anyway, we might as well use him.

That goes for RDM with Malouda, and went for AVB with Alex and Nico.

Archived