Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

Mikel

Oscar

Ramires

Hazard

Mata

Sturridge

If Torres started I'm going to go watch my local team instead, since they're playing at the same time.

Absolutely must win this or we're in real danger of getting knocked out in the group stages and becoming the first reigning champions to do so.

In the boat with everyone else here; If that f**knugget Torres starts then I'm going to go play some Battlefield and drop in to see the fallout after we lose in Turin.

My paitence, which is very good usually, has finally run out with the choker - He needs to go and go now.

Sturridge up front or bust.

In the boat with everyone else here; If that f**knugget Torres starts then I'm going to go play some Battlefield and drop in to see the fallout after we lose in Turin.

My paitence, which is very good usually, has finally run out with the choker - He needs to go and go now.

Wtf is wrong with you? Acting as if you hadn't been slating torres before today! With pricks like you "supporting" the club we are in real trouble!

Cech

Cole

Cahill

Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

Mikel

Oscar

Ramires

Hazard

Mata

Sturridge

If Torres started I'm going to go watch my local team instead, since they're playing at the same time.

Absolutely must win this or we're in real danger of getting knocked out in the group stages and becoming the first reigning champions to do so.

That would be my team too, but you know Torres will start

''f**knugget'

How on earth can someone who purports to support the Chels come out with such hateful sh*te about one of ours (outside of the match thread in a moment of frustration), you're a f**king disgrace to our support you total boner.

Edited by chelseablueboy

Guest RFC_CFC

Studge and Torres won't scare Juve.

We will not get many chances against them away from home and Torres looks done. Studge looks busier but his finishing is stinking.

I'd play Danny over him but only because we have zero other option. We can't go on with these 2 as out striker, it's simply the worst strokeforce of all the top clubs in Europe.

''f**knugget'

How on earth can someone who purports to support the Chels come out with such hateful sh*te about one of ours (outside of the match thread in a moment of frustration), you're a f**king disgrace to our support you total boner.

If you think I'm furious I suggest you check out Twitter, people are losing their sh*t.

Guest RFC_CFC

The Torres hate is overboard, he's past it and we all know it but abusing a Chelsea player is classless and not the Chelsea way....well how I was brought up anyway.

It's best for us and him to part ways as soon as possible, I just hope if it is a big money buy that he hits the ground running as I can't be bothered with all of this again.

Win as a team and lose as a team.

Like others have said, if Torres starts I'll probably flip. I've pretty much given up hope on him but I will continue to support him as he is a Chelsea player..

Torres simply cannot start in Turin. We might aswell start with 10 players. #Chelsea

I've finally given up on Torres...sell him in January & forget this whole horrible experience ever happened. Absolutely dire. #CFC

So frustrated with Torres right now - not picked by Spain and Chelsea desperately needed him to have a good game. Instead he was dreadful.

Torres - I could do your job this week for £150K. I'm fat and slow with no hope of scoring, so I won't do any worse than you.

It actually upsets me to see Torres like this #Poor

Just a few of the tweets about Torres...

I feel quite sorry for him reading some of those. Surprising from Chelsea fans...

Edited by omnidroid70

I did not abuse Jokanovic, I did not abuse Bogarde. So will I start with Torres? No, certainly not.

All this glory has not gone to my head. They put on the Chelsea shirt they have my full support at game time. Full stop.

Do I think Torres is the right man to lead our line? No. Should we get Falcao or another striker and sell Torres if he cannot offer a new worth to the team with that forward? Yes, yes we should.

But still, when he puts on the shirt, like all the lads, he has my full support.

As for this game, win win or lose lose for you Moos, either way Juve will win it.

While both sides have issues with their forward line I doubt Juve have a defense that could not keep a clean sheet to save their respective behinds like we have. So a win for Juve imo, and us hoping Shakhtar can beat them and we can beat the group whipping boys on game day 6.

I did not abuse Jokanovic, I did not abuse Bogarde. So will I start with Torres? No, certainly not.

All this glory has not gone to my head. They put on the Chelsea shirt they have my full support at game time. Full stop.

Do I think Torres is the right man to lead our line? No. Should we get Falcao or another striker and sell Torres if he cannot offer a new worth to the team with that forward? Yes, yes we should.

But still, when he puts on the shirt, like all the lads, he has my full support.

As for this game, win win or lose lose for you Moos, either way Juve will win it.

While both sides have issues with their forward line I doubt Juve have a defense that could not keep a clean sheet to save their respective behinds like we have. So a win for Juve imo, and us hoping Shakhtar can beat them and we can beat the group whipping boys on game day 6.

Finally, some sense.

Given this is more of a 'can't lose' instead of a 'must win' game I wouldn't be surprised (and especially with RDM's comments about perhaps sacrificing some of the attacking flair to be more solid in defence) to see Bertrand play on the left like he did in Munich in front of A. Cole - maybe give Hazard a bit of a break and bring him on in the second half (i'm saying this as Oscar puts his foot in a lot more and should sit and pester Pirlo all night long, I know Mata is similar but don't think we can underestimate how important he's been for us this year). Would like to see Moses perhaps get a bit of time too - I think his direct play and pace will cause problems.

We could use a bit more of a physical presence in the centre of the park - Mikel has been brilliant this season at times, but useless with distribution (as always) whereas Ramires is constantly everywhere but can often be guilty of not getting his head up.

It's pretty obvious that Torres isn't our best option at the moment, but I've never had too much faith in Sturridge (watching him week in week out last year was beyond frustrating) mainly due to his inability to play the right ball, but then again if he's up front playing CF maybe a bit of selfishness is what's needed. People are commenting about his finishing being awful - but he's hardly played and did score a lot of good goals last year which shows he can. He'll offer the pace to get in behind Juve (i'm going on the basis we'll be playing on the counter a lot) and will be a bit more direct.

That said, as mentioned, we all know Fernando will start - lets just hope he's reading the Sunday papers and does something about his form, let's not forget, he's still scored a fair few goals for us this year and there was a time a few games ago (i.e. a month and a half ago) that he was looking dangerous and playing well.

Come on Chels!

Cech

Cole

Cahill

Ivanovic

Azpilicueta

Mikel

Oscar

Ramires

Hazard

Mata

Sturridge

That team but with Ramires and Mikel in the pivot.

Don't understand the obsession with the pivot. With 2 players there it just means neither of them stays back all the time, they get mixed up with who is going forward and who is staying back, as Mikel keeps going forward to blast the ball over the bar recently.

I'd line up with the old 4-3-3. With 1 holding midfielder who is not allowed much beyond the halfway line.

We can come up with a few different ways to set out that could offer us a better chance than what we have been using recently, but given the nature of the game I could see Robbie going more defensively.

Cech, Brana, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Oscar, Ramires, Mata, Bertrand, Torres.

Still the same system, Ramires and Ryan to tuck in when needed and offer protection when Juve go wide. Oscar has played deep before, and I wonder if Mikel (or Romeu for that matter) are given instructions just to sit and cover for Luiz going forward how Oscar would do a bit deeper, he could give us the passing at deeper areas that we have lacked.

You could also make a point for Ramires in the middle and Mata out wide. Ramires can still get up and down, making a quick 3 with Mikel and Oscar and still allowing Mata to be the main creator.

As we have said this is a must not lose game.

What a tough one this is gonna be...Initially in my mind i thought we ll lose this one 2 or 3 1....Now i believe we ll get a draw and with help in the other results and the last match that we should win, will scrape through to the knockout stage where psychologically will will become a ferocious team protecting our cup...To the semi stage i believe