iago aspas

jack_super_class

You mean like Swansea's signing if michu for next to nothing, the michu who is 3rd top scorer in the league?

Let's see if Michu scores the same amount next season. Have you ever heard of a one season wonder? Look at Jelavic for Everton, last season banging them in, now can't score for Toffee. Grant Holt, Andy Caroll, Sigurdsson, I could go on. Michu is being used right by Laudrup, if he was at Chelsea, he would not be scoring. Chelsea FC are European Champions, we should not be signing mediocre players linked with Swansea. 

Oh dear. Here we go again with the not Chelea quality rubbish. I suppose you were out there cheerleading for Torres right? But you wouldn't have wanted Cahill, not Chelsea quality. People need to start watching some of these guys play before dismissing them. 

What a crock.

He scored 25 goals in 37 matches for Celta Vigo last season.

This season he's scored 8 goals in 19 matches so far. 

Before the 2011-2012 season, his goalscoring record don't look great, but he might be worth a try especially if the transfer fee is quite low.

He scored 25 goals in 37 matches for Celta Vigo last season.

That was the Spanish second division. Not even Championship level football.

He's done alright this season based on the stats. I haven't actually watched him play. For the money he could be a real find, and should bring some more versatility to the squad, should we change formation. But for the money, Fernando Llorente seems better value. Would be no more than 10M, seasoned striker, Spanish international, would know Mata and co already. Can't see the downside to him..

The more I read about Aspas the better this buy seems to be..

Take some of these with a pinch of salt though, as there are plenty of people who still rate Torres..

He is one hell of a player

Aspas is much more polished and all rounded player than Michu. They both used to play together at same team and Michu used to be bench guy for Aspas. He has good speed(though slow while dribbling), vision, passing, work rate and has that killer instinct for No.9. Aspas’s currently annual salary is £ 480,000, which is £10,000 a week. I bet he will be a happy man with £40,000- £60,000 weekly wage. He has ability to start in big clubs in weekly basis. It will be an absolute bargain.

Proper striker

I follow La Liga and I can tell you that this guy is pretty much a complete striker. He’s quick, he can pass, he can finish, has great vision and a poacher’s instinct. And yeah, he has a peach of a left foot. In short, he’s everything that Torres isn’t.

His whoScored page..

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/91242

+ Strengths
Through balls
Very Strong
Holding on to the ball
Very Strong
Passing
Strong
Key passes
Strong
Dribbling
Strong

• Counter attack threat
  • Likes to do layoffs
  • Likes to shoot from distance
  • Gets fouled often
  • Likes to play long balls
  • Likes to tackle

He's only gone 25, is  around 5' 10". Of course this post would be entirely useless without the obligatory youtube video montage.

That was the Spanish second division. Not even Championship level football.

He's done alright this season based on the stats. I haven't actually watched him play. For the money he could be a real find, and should bring some more versatility to the squad, should we change formation. But for the money, Fernando Llorente seems better value. Would be no more than 10M, seasoned striker, Spanish international, would know Mata and co already. Can't see the downside to him..

But i would think Llorente will want to start every game can we give him that here? I'm pretty sure Llorente will go to Juve.

The Daily Star are saying we've put in a bid for the player, but that he may be staying with Celta Viga for the rest of the season. The Star seem fairly definite about this, despite there being nothing too concrete here, just the usual sources, in this case "close to the forward":

SPANISH GOAL ACE IAGO ASPAS HEADING TO CHELSEA

CHELSEA last night made an £8.5m bid for rising Spanish star Iago Aspas.

The Celta Vigo forward, 25, has scored eight times in 18 games this season in La Liga after firing his club to promotion with 23 goals last term.

Chelsea want to sign him this month, but may allow him to stay with Celta for the rest of the campaign before bringing him to Stamford Bridge in the summer.

Aspas has been a revelation this season. He is a late bloomer who has never played for his country at any level.

But Chelsea regard him as low risk because his buy-out clause is so low, and interim boss Rafa Benitez is a big fan.

The Celta board will meet to discuss the Blues’ offer today, but sources close to the forward said last night: “The money from Chelsea is impossible to turn down.â€

Aspas will join a growing contingent of Spaniards which includes Juan Mata and Oriol Romeu.

His signing will be the second this transfer window following Demba Ba’s move from Newcastle.

We have Lakuka who has scored 9 goals in 19 games and is already owned by us. Why sign this guy? I just don't see the reason for signing someone that won't be considered our number one striker, we already have two perfectly good players to compete for the second striker position and Torres (for the league cup games).

Good player that I'm sure he is, where does this leave Lukaku? I'm all for signing a striker but I'd rather it be a potential superstar like Falcao or Cavani, a genuinely world-class forward that the team can be built around and who's arrival can boot Torres out of the door. This Aspas sounds like the Hernandez/Dzeko type to me who'd come off the bench as an impact sub and start the odd game here and there. Surely Lukaku could do exactly that for us?

Why are we being linked with the same players as Swansea ffs?

I would much prefer to sign a player like this then pay 40 million for a player who has to succeed at all costs and has heeps of pressure put on his shoulders.

I get more sactifaction watching a player succeed who doesn't cost alot i.e Cahill , Ba , Marin (hopefully) or a youth team member breaking through.

Some of this new breed of fan have their heads stuck up their arses and are playing fantasy football too much with Roman's money.

I would much prefer to sign a player like this then pay 40 million for a player who has to succeed at all costs and has heeps of pressure put on his shoulders.

I get more sactifaction watching a player succeed who doesn't cost alot i.e Cahill , Ba , Marin (hopefully) or a youth team member breaking through.

Some of this new breed of fan have their heads stuck up their arses and are playing fantasy football too much with Roman's money.

Agree with this, but would be very excited if we did sign Falcao (not looking likely), and felt the same about Aguero (we went & signed Torres).

I'm beginning to think that the rumour section is basically a place to post the most obscure name possible for fun

Next up on Chelsea's summer wishlist: rising star forward Roberto Sanchez Gustavo Carlos Felipe Leonardo from Corinthians.

True or not, I think the basis of the rumour is this:

But Chelsea regard him as low risk because his buy-out clause is so low, and interim boss R*fa Benitez is a big fan.

That and the typically lazy, ever popular: "adding to Chelsea's growing Spanish contingent", of course.

Mentioned him in the random rumour thread. Saw him play against Real Madrid in La Liga a while ago. All Celta did were bury through balls to him á la Gerrard-Torres at Liverpool. The lad had 3/4 very good chances and fluffed them all. I'm against this signing, reminds me of the modern Torres except he has the pace Torres had a few years ago but can't finish.

Just looked at his goal scoring record this season, and he hasn't scored against any of the top 7 teams in La Liga so far this season.

Can't see why the club don't just hang on 'til the summer and try and blood Feruz as a replacement striker until then.

We need a sh*thouse of a centre midfielder, a behemoth who just scours the centre of the park ruthlessly like Essien,Ballack and Maka did. Especially now we'll have Mikel out for the best part of a month... and more even due to the fatigue he'll have etc.

Archived