Roman to offload up to 10 players at the end of the season

enigma

Would believe it. The pay roll has huge chunks of dead wood on it. No room in the squad for those players..

1. Paulo
  2. Benayoun
  3. Torres
  4. Essien
  5. Malouda
  6. Turnbull
  7. Hilarlo

With more than likely

1. Frank
  2. Cole
  3. Marin

There is your ten. Would say at least 6/7 should definitely go, with he remainder depending on the rest of the season. Looking at it objectively, this would help massively in terms of FFP and would free up millions upon millions in terms of wages, allowing us to rebuild and upgrade the squad with useful players..

This for the most part is great news, aside from Frank and Ash obviously.

If we can get rid of Torres it will be the best news we've had in a very long time, and the amount of wages that would be freed up by Torres/Malouda/Essien/Benayoun leaving is quite exciting, our squad has looked deceptively shallow for a long time now and it would be great to get a few new squad players in.

edit: Would be a shame if Marin left, seems silly seeing how young and talented he clearly is, to sell and replace him and replace him with someone who will probably be of similar age and skill level, if that, after he's spent a year fitting in with the squad.

Edited by Jonty

I can't see Marin going, makes little sense. As for the ten, Malouda, Benayoun, Essien and Paulo I think are givens, I'm not sure who we would have as cover if we let both turnbull and hilaro go, Kakuta is never going to make it into the squad so it's probably best if he was sold on.

I certainly hope we keep Ash and Lamps.

Edited by Rag

Would believe it. The pay roll has huge chunks of dead wood on it. No room in the squad for those players..
  1. Paulo
  2. Benayoun
  3. Torres
  4. Essien
  5. Malouda
  6. Turnbull
  7. Hilarlo

With more than likely

1. Frank
  2. Cole
  3. Marin

There is your ten. Would say at least 6/7 should definitely go, with he remainder depending on the rest of the season. Looking at it objectively, this would help massively in terms of FFP and would free up millions upon millions in terms of wages, allowing us to rebuild and upgrade the squad with useful players..

I'm fine with the top 7 going....Paulo and Michael would be a wrench, but it's time.

Frank and Ash leaving would gut me...Marin I'd only accept leaving if it guarantees KDB stays and gets some game time.

I'm taking a guess on their weekly wages

Out of contract summer 2013:

- Essien - £100k - £120k weekly wages saved

- Malouda - £80k - £100k weekly wages saved

- Ferreira - £60k - £100k weekly wages saved

- Benayoun - £50k - £70k weekly wages saved

- Turnbull - £40k - £60k weekly wages saved

- Hillario - £40k - £60k weekly wages saved

- Lampard - £150k - £175k weekly wages saved   *

- A, Cole - £130k - £150k weekly wages saved     *

* I'm hoping they get a contract extension, 1 year for Lampard and 2 years for A.Cole.

Sales:

- Torres - £150k - £175k Weekly wages saved + £20mil - £25mil transfer fee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would save us about £800k-£1000k weekly wages, if everyone on this list was gone, or £40mil - £50mil saved each year on wages. 

We would need a new second choice goalkeeper, world class striker and Baines, if cole leaves. De Bruyne could perhaps "replace" Lampard, but Roman might buy someone like Modric, Moutinho or Fellaini for £22mil.

Edited by comtrend

I do think people misunderstand how astute Abramovic is. Who knows for sure that behind the scenes he isn't trying to sort something out with Lamps and Cole. It's stupid to assume that they won't sign because of what the press say. At the end of the day, there are still around 5 months left until the end of the season, and Roman is still on holiday, so we might hopefully hear some news about them in the next few weeks. 

Essien is on £100k benayoun and Malouda are both on £80k if memory serves, lamps £160k and Cole £120k.

I'd like to see Cole get a two year extension and Lamps one on £60k, recall Lukaku and maybe another £15-20m striker. Think the only thing missing this season has been a centre mid to dictate play between defence and attack and the strike force. Not much is needed to turn things around but there is certainly plenty to trim from the wage bill.

Players that definitely need to go:

- Ferreira (Past it and not really needed to cover any position)

- Malouda (Way down the pecking order in attacking midfield)

- Essien (Past his prime, injury prone and wages too high for a backup. RIP 'The Bison')

- Torres (He can leave on a free for all I care, the sooner the better)

- Hilario (Surplus to requirements with Delac and Courtois)

- Turnbull (Suplus to requirements with Delac and Courtois)

- Benayoun (Doesn't really fit in to our playing style and too far down the pecking order)

Perhaps Turnbull should stay as a 3rd choice behind Delac, but ONLY for as long as Courtois remains on loan.

OBVIOULSY Lamps and Cole need new deals.

With KDB, Courtois, Lukaku & McEachran nearing 1st team readiness, and likely Fellaini and a striker arriving in Summer, these players are dead wood and hindering youth opportunities (then again, this is Chelsea - where youth development isn't really considered important).

caughtoffside.com, a sight that links to a page entitled: 25 of the Hottest Female Athletes Who Show Some Skin.

And before everyone gets too excited, the *ahem* article concludes with: "Here are the 25 hottest female athletes that have shown some skin." No link, just the text. Good enough for caughtoffside.com though.

I'd happily see the back of ...

Turnbull

Hillario

Malouda

Shed a tear for ...

Essien

Ferreira

Would love to see the back of ...

Torres

Wouldn't understand

Cole

Insane to lose

Lampard

Benitez and Zenden

Maybe make up the 10 !

I was under the impression Paulo and Hilario were going to stay on as coaches? I'm fairly sure the official site said the latter was training for badges and Petr Cech said that he chatted to him with the other coaches before the penalty shootout. To be honest I think Hilario has been about as good a backup keeper as we could ask for and would be happy to see him stay on.

As for Paulo, I think there was an article which explained that Paulo plays quite a large role socially in terms of helping other players (particularly useful considering how many young Brazilians we have been bringing in) settle in, and obviously he provides a good model to the youngsters in terms of work rate and training. I love Paulo - would love to see him on the touchline for years to come.

Could happen, we do need a clear out. As for the Torres loan thing goes, only as a last resort. We really just need to sell him, not end up in a Crespo situation where he stays out on loan, we pay part of his wages still and get no transfer fee. That is just bad business.

I'm taking a guess on their weekly wages

Out of contract summer 2013:

- Essien - £100k - £120k weekly wages saved

- Malouda - £80k - £100k weekly wages saved

- Ferreira - £60k - £100k weekly wages saved

- Benayoun - £50k - £70k weekly wages saved

- Turnbull - £40k - £60k weekly wages saved

- Hillario - £40k - £60k weekly wages saved

- Lampard - £150k - £175k weekly wages saved   *

- A, Cole - £130k - £150k weekly wages saved     *

* I'm hoping they get a contract extension, 1 year for Lampard and 2 years for A.Cole.

Sales:

- Torres - £150k - £175k Weekly wages saved + £20mil - £25mil transfer fee

Although i agree, i cant see how anyone would think we could get a fee for Torres, I dont even think anyone would take him for free and pay his wages.

A big clearout has been needed for a while. The squad is carrying too many sub standard players and in the era of FFP, the club has got to be ruthless in moving players on, in order to free up wages to replace them with better quality.

I'm totally happy with Essien, Kakuta, Turnbull, Hilario, Benyoun, Malouda, Ferreira, Torres leaving.

Sadly Marin has never been given a proper chance.

Lampard and Cole are two of our biggest earners and I agree with the club that £150,000 PER WEEK for Lampard is a no no in the era of FFP, when he will be 35 and spending more time on the bench. If they can get him to take a massive pay cut to stay at the club, great. But I fear his media campaign and manipulating the fans has done for him and the club will dig in.

Cole, I'm not actually that bothered about. Although he's been great for us, I've never loved him, if you know what I mean. Maybe, because he was a gooner? I've really watched him lately and I don't think he's all that. His delivery is poor, doesn't score and his passing and ball retention is average. He's still a good defender but not indespensible.

If they all go, I would like to see:

1. Radamel Falcao/Edinson Cavani (£45m)

2. Leighton Baines (£17m)

3. Benat (£16m)

4. Isco (£16m)

5. A fast tricky winger (like Robben in his prime) to provide something different.

I've never been so sure about Baines and other than completely disagreeing with your views on Lamps and Cole, I don't see how spending £17m on a 28yr old that can't get ahead of Cole in the England setup is a worthwhile purchase when Cole has a couple of good years left in him.

It'd be insane to sell Marin, I'd like to see him get more time on the pitch, but ultimately, he's a squad player. He can be more than that, certainly, but he wouldn't have come to Chelsea if he were more concerned about his minutes than about the club he plays for. All it takes is an injury to Hazard or Mata to see how valuable he is. He's not expensive either.

Regarding Baines, he's an exceptional fullback and I'd be all over him if he were 25. Unfortunately, he's not. I'd rather extend Cole and put the Â£17m for Baines into another player.