Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Yes but how many can be in one crew? All 16 or 4? I read about one mission and it said about 4 people doing the mission. If only 4 can be in a crew then me and my buddies (yes i have real life buddies surprisingly) would have to split into a couple of different crews. Naturally mine being the best of course.

Yes but how many can be in one crew? All 16 or 4? I read about one mission and it said about 4 people doing the mission. If only 4 can be in a crew then me and my buddies (yes i have real life buddies surprisingly) would have to split into a couple of different crews. Naturally mine being the best of course.

I can't find anything but I assume it depends on the missions. If too many players took part in the same mission it might make them too easy so I guess it restricts it depending on mission difficulty. 

There's over 500 missions on the online mode so plenty to do, you can be a member of up to five crews at a time so you should be able to dip in and out of different missions with different groups of friends pretty easily. 

For all those interested in the most important aspect of the game... the  music!

On Monday, the most anticipated video game of the year, Grand Theft Auto 5, hits shelves. The GTA series has attracted some rather dim-witted media attention over the years, mostly written by pundits who appear to think the point of the game is killing prostitutes, rather than that being one rather pointless and quickly tiresome cul-de-sac in the glittering universe of possibilities available to you in what is surely the most famous open-world game franchise of all time.

That said, it’s true that the Grand Theft Auto series, for all its mature certification, is not a terribly mature game - this, after all, is the title that built an Area 51-style military base deep in the desert and called it Area 69 (um… geddit?). But the way the series uses music has been nothing short of a milestone in video game sonics. Music in GTA isn’t just background noise, but one vivid and colourful part of a living, breathing world. Smash the window of a car, jump-start the engine, and a radio station sparks into life, revealing something about the owner of the vehicle you’re half-inching, and a whole lot about the city around you.

Flick through the channels as you navigate the city, and you hear spoof commercials, hammy radio jocks (voiced by the likes of Iggy Pop, Juliette Lewis, Karl Lagerfeld and Axl Rose) and songs from a dizzying variety of genres that colour the action in amusing and surprising ways. Quentin Tarantino would struggle to script moments of drama as sublime as pulling off a drive-by shooting to the lonesome country lament of Willie Nelson’s ‘Crazy’ or tearing along the Vice City strip, pursued by screaming sirens, as the backcombed electro-pomp of A Flock Of Seagulls’ ‘I Ran (So Far Away)’ blasts from the speakers. GTA’s publishers, Rockstar Games, take pride in their close proximity to the zeitgeist.

Rockstar’s co-founders, brothers Dan and Sam Houser, worked at a major record label, Sony BMG, before making the leap to games, and their pop-culture sensibility shines through every title in the series. 2002’s Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was set in a sleazy Florida fantasy town, a lurid bit of ‘80s revivalism soundtracked by yacht rock and power ballads, Mötley Crüe and Hall & Oates. 2004’s Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was a west-coast ghetto fable, soundtracked by 2Pac, Boyz II Men and Eric B & Rakim. There’s the sense these stations are pieced together by real crate diggers. You get a musical education reeling through the dial of Grand Theft Auto 4: from the raging hardcore punk of LCHC, with tracks from the Cro-Mags, Agnostic Front and Bad Brains, to The Journey, a channel packed with ambient and electro sounds from Aphex Twin and Phillip Glass.

What can we expect from Grand Theft Auto 5’s soundtrack? Early reports are encouraging: 15 music stations, 240 licensed songs and “20 movies worth” of score, composed by Eminem affiliate The Alchemist, StonesThrow producer Oh No, and Tangerine Dream, the electronic Krautrock group known for their evocative ‘80s movie soundtracks. Brainfeeder boss Flying Lotus hosts his own FlyLo FM, which includes Hudson Mohawke, Outkast and an exclusive Tyler, The Creator track, ‘Garbage’. And the list of guests presenters include Pam Grier, Bootsy Collins, and Stephen and Nate of Wavves, who’ll reportedly play bratty rock jocks on a station called Vinewood Boulevard Radio.

As for the game? Hard to say. Beneath the grit and grime, I actually felt GTA4 was a little disappointing, lacking some of the joy and humour of earlier installments. I’ll be buying it anyway, though, and one thing’s for sure: it’s bound to sound brilliant.

Edited by Charles Ryder

The shop i have bought it from are opening at midnight tonight so they can sell it to all the geeks.

I will just pick it up tomorrow on my lunch break.

Why on earth would anyone go to a shop at midnight to pick up a computer game?

Grr, hearing all these comments makes me want it even more! I'm one of the poor bar stewards who didn't pre-order this game, had neither time nor funds at the time. I'm not sure if any of the stores near me are doing a midnight release, but my best bet is to pop in at one of them as early as possible tomorrow afternoon and pray that they haven't sold out. There's quite a few stores about here so I should be fine, but can't help but feel anxious that I have to wait a few more days to get my copy.

Edited by Teritus

Im sure you would still be able to pre order today mate. I only pre ordered my copy on on wednesday last week. I had the same feeling as you, i wasnt going to bother but the closer it came to coming out the more buzz there was about it and i though i best pre order as i dont want to be stuck hunting around a number of shops trying to pick up a copy.

There has been a lot in the press over the weekend about Rockstar being annoyed with Amazon having dispatched copies of GTA early.

I'm hoping that it'll be waiting for me when i get home! Doubt it will be, but who knows! Otherwise, tomorrow!

There has been a lot in the press over the weekend about Rockstar being annoyed with Amazon having dispatched copies of GTA early.

I'm hoping that it'll be waiting for me when i get home! Doubt it will be, but who knows! Otherwise, tomorrow!

I used shopto even though they were more expensive because of their reputation of sending games out early, but it still hasnt arrived yet. Dont know where you stand with Amazon though.

My Pre-Order was shipped yesterday evening, yes on a sunday evening. If it arrives tomorrow during school I'll be waving the teacher goodbye and running out class to receive it as it'll probably be delivered via courier.

EXCITED AF!!!