Good or bad window ?

Davey Baby

On the bad side I would say

It pretty much depends whether Eto'o still got it. We werent particularly strong in the CF department and we just sent our best striker out on loan.

If Eto'o ends up being a bust then we are gonna look like proper idiots. We dont even have the option to recall Lukaku

CF and CM were our biggest weaknesses and im not sure we have done nearly enough to strengthen there

Indifferent all in all. I feel we're not notably further forward or backward after this summer.

I'd like to hear what the Mata stuff is all about though. Is there any truth in us allowing him to talk to PSG? Assuming he stays that is good but, it could be the case that we have him and Ba at the club despite entertaining getting shot of them. Can't help atmosphere wise.

We can't complain. Lets face it we made the biggest transfer of all - the manager.

I think we are all concerned about the forward situation and all surprised about Lukaku, though bearing in mind how Jose has played him so far maybe it's best he goes out to get games rather than warming the bench here.

It's the midfield that still concerns me most. I thought we were certainties to get a strong defensive midfielder and I worry about that area against the top teams.

But overall look at our squad compared to last year and look at the boss.

Like I said, woe betide anyone who kicks up a stink. We're in great shape.

Not good at all. Loaning out our best striker who had 17 PL goals last year, loaning out a promising winger to a rival, signing two overrated players from Russia. (There is a reason why they were playing there) signing a teenager who won't play much to fill our biggest need at DM. Schurrle would be the only positive signing I would say. Not god at all.

I think it was perfectly fine, could have been better obviously but overall it was okay.

We would have all liked Lukaku to stay and play for us but with the current striker mess it's for the best that he goes away and gets first team football. I just wish Jose hadn't lead us on with his comments early in the season. 

As for Moses, can't say I'm too upset. I wasn't fond of us signing him in the first place. What we have to remember is that he was originally a back up player anyway, he wasn't suppose to get that many games so him being loaned out doesn't seem all that shocking to me. Granted he played his part when called upon but with the caliber of players we now have there's just no place in the team for him. 

Eto'o, well we could have obviously done better and probably should have but it's a 1 year deal with minimum risk. Problem is now with Lukaku gone we are now relying heavily on him still being good otherwise we are stuck with Torres and Ba (who I think is good enough but will most likely not get much game time).

Jose doesn't count as a transfer! You know he is the one giving the ok to loan out Lukaku and sign a teenager to fill our biggest need. He is not making the right choices and everyone is making excuses for him. If it is any other manager, everyone would be flipping out.

so so transfer window, needed a world class striker and failed to land the one player that Jose wanted, thought we would also land a CDM, however we have a strong squad if everyone plays up to their potential and will be in with a shout in every competition..I'm happy with that.  On a side note, once again young players suffer due to numbers, we really need a solid game plan for the kids.

Jose doesn't count as a transfer! You know he is the one giving the ok to loan out Lukaku and sign a teenager to fill our biggest need. He is not making the right choices and everyone is making excuses for him. If it is any other manager, everyone would be flipping out.

OK, we yet it. You don't like Jose mourinho, everything he does is wrong. You know much better than him.

Considering you're doing a brilliant job of flipping out, I guess  no-one else wants to steal your limelight.

Good window. We've really increased the diversity in our attacking options and in Eto'o hopefully brought in a striker of similar calibre to Anelka under Carlo.

My main concern about this team is tactical, but the increased potency of our attack may help paper over tje cracks until that is fixed.

Club gets the benefit of the doubt from me until we see how things transpire.  I just wish we'd have done a better job of addressing our problem areas.  Could be worse though, we could be United fans.

I'm choosing to believe that the loan was at Lukaku's request more than anything.  It seemed to come out of the blue contrary to what Mourinho was saying all summer.  I think he felt out of his depth against Bayern and asked Jose for more time in a lower team to get significant minutes and improve further.  It seemed we were going to offload Ba until tonight.

People need to get a grip. Spoilt or what?

No, they have a point. All we've signed is a young German international, a young dutch international, superb goalkeeping cover, an exciting Brazilian and Jose mourinho. Terrible transfer window.

Ya I get it. Jose can do no wrong in your eyes. He knows everything and doesn't make mistakes. Take your blinders off

I haven't been on this site for a while. No particular reason, I've just got so much more to be getting on with. But I do have look now and again. And what do I see? Again and again and again.

You, you pathetic whiny spoilt bar steward stamping your feet like a two year old who can't get his own way. I don't know how old you are, and frankly I don't care. In all the time you've been a  member of this site, you've been exactly the same. You choose your favourites.. I seem to remember you had something of a crush on young Danny, but never mind that.

You pal, are a f**king embarrasment.

Thankyou and goodnight.

Club gets the benefit of the doubt from me until we see how things transpire.  I just wish we'd have done a better job of addressing our problem areas.  Could be worse though, we could be United fans.

I'm choosing to believe that the loan was at Lukaku's request more than anything.  It seemed to come out of the blue contrary to what Mourinho was saying all summer.  I think he felt out of his depth against Bayern and asked Jose for more time in a lower team to get significant minutes and improve further.  It seemed we were going to offload Ba until tonight.

Like everyone else i wanted Lukaku to be our no1 CF but if Mourinho doesn't feel hes ready yet id rather he went  out on loan that sit on the bench and get 20 mins here and there.Hes still only 20,another season on loan and next season Jose may feel he can be ready.

I haven't been on this site for a while. No particular reason, I've just got so much more to be getting on with. But I do have look now and again. And what do I see? Again and again and again.

You, you pathetic whiny spoilt bar steward stamping your feet like a two year old who can't get his own way. I don't know how old you are, and frankly I don't care. In all the time you've been a  member of this site, you've been exactly the same. You choose your favourites.. I seem to remember you had something of a crush on young Danny, but never mind that.

Thankyou and goodnight.

Welcome back, and your spot on about this petulant little for stomping child.

You, you pathetic whiny spoilt bar steward stamping your feet like a two year old who can't get his own way. I don't know how old you are, and frankly I don't care. In all the time you've been a member of this site, you've been exactly the same. You choose your favourites.. I seem to remember you had something of a crush on young Danny, but never mind that.

Thankyou and goodnight.

Ya how'd that Sturridge thing work out for the club. Good bit of business there as we sit with junk for strikers.

Archived