The Ashley Cole Appreciation Thread

splishsplosh

Apologies if there's already a similar themed thread, if there is feel free to disregard this one.

I thought this was his best game for us since Bayern. He looked so fired up and was getting stuck in all over the park, and for the first time in a while, he looked great going forward as well as being very solid defensively.

That rest has obviously done him a world of good, if only Jose would do something similar for Frank!

If Ash didn't need his right leg for standing upright, it would be a useless part of his body...because he certainly doesn't use it to pass a football...not even for a one metre pass.

He would rather hold onto the ball for the entire match than pass the ball with his right foot.

That said, he's a great footballer...possibly the most one footed player I've ever seen though haha

If Ash didn't need his right leg for standing upright, it would be a useless part of his body...because he certainly doesn't use it to pass a football...not even for a one metre pass.

He would rather hold onto the ball for the entire match than pass the ball with his right foot.

That said, he's a great footballer...possibly the most one footed player I've ever seen though haha

all left footers seem remarkably one-footed (mr messi aside). just one of those things

I think Mata is the exact same to be fair.

I think Mata is the exact same to be fair.

Maybe, but he's capable of using his right for the basic no pressure passes.

Ash will take as long as he needs to work it onto his left...it's so jarring when you see it.

He is English to be fair

Maybe, but he's capable of using his right for the basic no pressure passes.

Ash will take as long as he needs to work it onto his left...it's so jarring when you see it.

Giggs is the same, even Messi at times does this. Its always amused me watching giggs do a 180 with the ball rather than just use his right.

:laugh2: I've been meaning to say this for a long time, I hardly ever see him use his right. Messi's guilty of it at times too but Maradona's probably the most one-footed player I've ever seen - that goal vs England a prime example - but he was so technically brilliant that it virtually made zero difference. Can't fathom how good he would have been if he was as equally capable with his right. Very few players are exceptional with both feet but unless you're breathtakingly gifted mastering the basics with your weaker side helps you to no end.

Seems rife with left-footers too.

Giggs is the same, even Messi at times does this. Its always amused me watching giggs do a 180 with the ball rather than just use his right.

giggs has scored some great goals with his right foot to be fair. I think most players only dribble with there predominant foot.

What about Pavel Nedved? I didn't realise being two-footed was a thing until I saw him.

Indeed, Nedved was very unique in this regard. Much of his best football came as a free-roaming attacking midfielder in fact. He was the very definition of two-footed, able to go inside or out - take that seminal Champions League match against Real Madrid where he created the first goal down the right flank and then scored the third bursting through from the inside-right channel.

Archived