Why are tickets so hard to get?

digitaldude

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place but why are tickets so hard to find for non season holders?

I'm from New Zealand, coming to London to watch Chelsea and finding it so hard to get tickets. General ticket sales on the Chelsea website didnt even go on sale for some games and sites like viagogo only allow season ticket holders to purchase second hand.

Where else can I look? I want to go to the Spurs game on 8th March and Maybe Galatasaray (if I could), even willing to spend a bit of cash but finding it hard, apart from dodgy craigslist, any tips for someone like me? (I don't wanna go hospitality and pay 300quid). Only need 1 ticket as well(going alone)...

Thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

They are really not that hard to get - get a membership or join a local supporters club and you will have access to tickets. Early rounds of the cups, champions league and games against smaller clubs are not hard to get tickets for - you can't expect to just pick up tickets for any game as everyone wants to see the local rivals like spurs or the title rivals.

Tickets for the biggest games are hard to come by if you're not a ST holder or don't want to pay an extortionate amount of money for one. You'd have a much better chance of getting a ticket for the early rounds of the cups or smaller PL games.

Yeah I'm not sure what people think Chelsea should do "oh, we've got thousands of people wanting to go to this big game, but you know what, we'll keep a few back just in case there are people who are going to be in London that day and might want to come"?

Agree that the best idea would be for the OP to try and get hold of a membership. Do that and if it's jjust one ticket I think he would have no problems getting a ticket, at least for a match that didn't involve loyalty points.

Not sure about the suggestion that Viagogo is on for ST holders only. I'm no expert and would certainly never use that site but I don't think that's accurate at all.

Season ticket holders can sell their tickets on viagogo, and you have to be a club member to buy them.

And pay an extortionate admin fee on top of face value. I had to pay about £80 for Spurs in the Shed Upper when face value is £60. But then I did get it 2 weeks before the game.

Viagogo is no more than legalised touting and i would advise/request  people to stay away from them, purely on a moral basis, though far be it from me to try and act as a voice of the fans!

Such a sad state of affairs the club have chose to affiliate themselves with the brand, especially whilst doing nothing about the ever growing number of touts at FB and on the Fulham Road on matchdays, as well as coming down hard on fans who try and sell tickets to other fans at face value using social media.

Viagogo is no more than legalised touting and i would advise/request  people to stay away from them, purely on a moral basis, though far be it from me to try and act as a voice of the fans!

Such a sad state of affairs the club have chose to affiliate themselves with the brand, especially whilst doing nothing about the ever growing number of touts at FB and on the Fulham Road on matchdays, as well as coming down hard on fans who try and sell tickets to other fans at face value using social media.

I have never understood the touts thing particularly at FB, I mean they are not exactly discreet, if the club really wanted to they could get rid of them easy... 

So what is the  score there then ?  Not as big a problem as they make out and they don't care if the fans are ripped off ?.........or working for the club ? 

Maybe I am being too simplistic

Not as big a problem as they make out or working for the club, pretty back and white in my opinion.

When people say FB, does that mean 'Fulham Broadway?'  Are there lots of touts out there who are just selling dud tickets or what?  Though apparently this is a banned practice, I am thinking this is the only way to even have a chance of getting a ticket.  I am so desperate I will give anything a go at this point, even if it means I buy a dud.

When people say FB, does that mean 'Fulham Broadway?'  Are there lots of touts out there who are just selling dud tickets or what?  Though apparently this is a banned practice, I am thinking this is the only way to even have a chance of getting a ticket.  I am so desperate I will give anything a go at this point, even if it means I buy a dud.

Not dud tickets.  Real tickets, just at inflated prices.

They are really not that hard to get - get a membership or join a local supporters club and you will have access to tickets. Early rounds of the cups, champions league and games against smaller clubs are not hard to get tickets for - you can't expect to just pick up tickets for any game as everyone wants to see the local rivals like spurs or the title rivals.

Could you give an example of a local supporters club and a link maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

They are not too hard to get but idk if it's just me but the tickets for the second half of the season are way more expensive than first half. Like games against small teams are more expensive than CL group stage matches.

And same like Liam. I'm a member too and got to 5 games this season. You can't go to every single game unless maybe you are related to Roman, Jose or a player. :D

Viagogo is no more than legalised touting and i would advise/request people to stay away from them, purely on a moral basis, though far be it from me to try and act as a voice of the fans!

The fact the club went out of their way to shut down cfctickets.com whilst maintaining their 'arrangement' with Viagogo is disgusting.

For anyone that didn't know cfctickets.com was a ticket exchange run by Chelsea fans for Chelsea fans that listed all tickets at face value and wasn't exclusive to ST holders or members- a great site that with the clubs help could have been the answer.

Archived