Back in for Rooney?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I know Balotteli is a nutter. But I'd sooner have a goalscoring nutter than Rooney, who I reckon is past it. Though he is a natural centre forward by position which would have fit our system last season. Whether we keep that same shape remains to be seen.

Guest RFC_CFC

Squaka.com or whatever doesn't strike me as solid.

Rooney is not a target and there's no chance we would pay his wages...

We don't need a thread like this tbh

Is it even worth having this section of the forum if most threads get shot down like this?

Most threads don't get shot down like this. This thread is getting shot down because 99.9% of people with a brain have realised the rooney thing has long gone! Nothing to discuss anymore!

Don't be that 0.1% blueone please!

Fair dues. Just seen a few topics with similar shoot downs and it kinda irritated me. I know Rooney is a sore subject but this is literally all I've heard about on twitter, Facebook and various news sources I read today so was mostly just seeing what's going on is all, and then I get nothing but negative unconstructiv sh*t remarks.

By giving him a £300k a week contract United are effectively stuck with him now.

Even if Van Gaal doesn't rate him, on those wages he's going to have to be given game time. 

And for whoever was crying about this thread getting "shot down".

Rooney's been discussed at length (over 3000 posts http://www.theshedend.com/topic/23140-is-rooney-worth-a-punt/) already so maybe that's why this has been met with rolled eyes. 

Not only have United made a mistake by giving him that contract because now how can they not play him but he has also made it practicly impossible to move clubs because i dont think there is another team in the world who would play him 300k a week. He just isnt that good. Messi or Ronaldo yes i could see them getting that else where but not Rooney.

Guest RFC_CFC

The fact he's coming up on 29 on hsi next birthday and he has the body type of a player who has no chance of improving beyond this age is also a reason no one will go for him on those wages.

Scholes was correct, his best days are behind him IMO. He nows himself RVP will be the main man under the new manager and rightly so based on what I have seen in the past few weeks.

Rooney won't care though, £300k a week softens the blow of not being the golden boy.