Liverpool vs Chelsea 1-2 (Player Ratings)

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Gonna start this thread after every game we play from now on :)

Courtois 7 - Did everything asked of him, made a great save from Sterling and couldn't stop there goal. Good game.

Ivanovic 6 - Usual solid self, didn't do as much going forward as he usually does but still vital in the back four.

JT 8 - Another impressive display by JT, always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Limited Balotelli all game.

Cahill 8 - Scored a goal and was solid alongside John at the back, unlucky for there goal. Possible pen called against him.

Azpilicueta 8 - Didn't seem to put a foot wrong. Industrious as ever and Liverpool didn't get much change out of him. Also imperative for our goal that we scored. My favourite player in the team and definetly most consistent.

Matic 9 - Sloppy in the first 20 but an absolute beast for the rest of the game. Wins so many tackles and interceptions and his passing isn't bad either. My MOTM.

Fabregas 6 - Not his best game but kept it calm, didn't give it away much but wasn't as ruthless with his passing as he usually is.

Ramires 6 - Played ok, nothing special but thats the way Jose likes it. Maybe lucky to escape punishment with arm on Sterling.

Oscar 5 - Actually thought he was poor today by his standards. Quite sloppy however he did set up Hazard for two great chances.

Hazard 8 - If he could sort out his finishing then he would be world class. Worked hard throughout and caused Liverpool so many problems but should of had a goal to his name.

Costa 7 - Quiet first half but ruffled Skrtel's feathers. Ended up getting the important second goal which won us the game. Love him.

Subs

Willian 6 - Better than Ramires but only just, gave us a bit more in attack.

Filipe Luis N/A - Come on too late to mark.

What are your opinions guys?

Edited by JMaher94

In today's game Fabregas wasn't excellent but he didn't do anything wrong really. It was evident that every time he got the ball Liverpool were pressuring him because of his height, but despite this he was so very calm and kept his passing accurate, I was quite impressed. In general every single player deserves credit because this is the biggest win of the season and it will be very difficult to stop us.

What are your opinions guys?

I agree with most of your ratings.

Matic was good, but I would probably give him a 8 instead, because whenever he broke up Liverpools play he would dwell on the ball to long and get tackled. Other players did this as well, wich cancled out alot of our counterattacks.

Willian I would rate 5, I don't think he improved upon Ramires and kept loosing the ball.

I agree with most of your ratings.

Matic was good, but I would probably give him a 8 instead, because whenever he broke up Liverpools play he would dwell on the ball to long and get tackled. Other players did this as well, wich cancled out alot of our counterattacks.

Willian I would rate 5, I don't think he improved upon Ramires and kept loosing the ball.

In all honesty I missed the last ten minutes so I wasn't sure on that one but before that he was fine. Useless TV!

Courtois 7 - Solid performance, needs to address the number of clean sheets we're throwing away though.

Ivanovic 7 - Yellow card was silly and could have ended very badly, I had my hands on my head whenever he was about to make a challenge after that.

Terry 8 - Typically solid performance, seems to be evading Father Time nicely.

Cahill 8 - Could not really be held at fault for the deflected goal but got away with the penalty claim in the second half.

Azpilicueta 8 - Again, another very typically solid performance. Good to see that our back four is gelling very well. Absolutely insane raiding-run down the left flank to set up Costa.

Matic 9 - Only seemed to come to life after we went 1-0 down but when he did oh man he really did. Absolutely shut down the Liverpool midfield.

Fabregas 5 - Remarkably poor by his standards but I think that might have been down to the fact that Liverpool had him double-man-marked out of the game. This gave more space to Matic though so Cesc still contributed.

Ramires 6 - Not much to really comment on here.

Oscar 4 - Very poor today, just did not look at the races. Surprised he was not pulled before Ramires.

Hazard 7 - Seems to have hit a brick wall with regards to his goals from open play but still contributing a lot to the side.

Costa 7 - Hilarious watching him bully Skrtel, has a good memory our Diego! Got the crucial winning goal in the end and it's great to see him back on the score sheet. Ten this season so far!

Subs

Willian 7 - Workhorse that is always reliable to come on and run weary players ragged. Gave some more breathing space for our defensive players to bomb forward and cause some damage, most notably Azpilicueta.

Filipe Luis N/A - Can't really say much as this was an obvious time-stalling substitution.

Mourinho 8 - Read the game well and understood that Cesc needed some backup in the form of Willian. Good substitution there that changed the flow of the game in the centre of the park. Seems to have learned about not shutting up shop and inviting pressure when we only have a one goal lead.

Courtois - 8 - Caught everything, made a few good saves, could do nothing with the goal.

Ivanovic - 6 - Still getting caught out at RB, and his crossing has become poor again but he defended well at times.

Cahill - 8 - Blocked everything that came his way, looked back to his best today.

Terry - 9 - A near faultless performance, blocks, headers, interceptions, passing, composure. My MOTM.

Azilicueta - 8 - Best one on one defender in the league and did brilliant to set up our 2nd.

Matic - 8 - So strong, made so many clean tackles and started so many of our attacks.

Fabregas - 6 - Not great but not awful, quiet day for Fabregas again. Hope he starts taking control of the midfield again like he was a couple weeks ago.

Oscar - 5 - Worked hard but miss placed a few passes in dangerous area's and his tackling wasn't as good as usual today.

Ramires - 6 - Did alright in the first half, won the ball a few times and started off a few good attacks.

Hazard - 7 - Brilliant movement on the ball, had a few shots blocked, needs to work on his decision making though.

Costa - 7 - Worked hard, got a goal and was a pain for Liverpool.

Subs

Willian - 6 - Did ok, made a few good runs at Liverpool's defense but his final ball and decision making in the area was poor again.

Drogba - 6 - When we were struggling to get the ball towards the end, he came on and held the ball up well to waste time.

Luis - No time to make an impact on the game.

Edited by Scott Harris

Courtois - 8 - Caught everything, made a few good saves, could do nothing with the goal.

Ivanovic - 6 - Still getting caught out at RB, and his crossing has become poor again but he defended well at times.

Cahill - 8 - Blocked everything that came his way, looked back to his best today.

Terry - 9 - A near faultless performance, blocks, headers, interceptions, passing, composure. My MOTM.

Azilicueta - 8 - Best one on one defender in the league and did brilliant to set up our 2nd.

Matic - 8 - So strong, made so many clean tackles and started so many of our attacks.

Fabregas - 6 - Not great but not awful, quiet day for Fabregas again. Hope he starts taking control of the midfield again like he was a couple weeks ago.

Oscar - 5 - Worked hard but miss placed a few passes in dangerous area's and his tackling wasn't as good as usual today.

Ramires - 6 - Did alright in the first half, won the ball a few times and started off a few good attacks.

Hazard - 7 - Brilliant movement on the ball, had a few shots blocked, needs to work on his decision making though.

Costa - 7 - Worked hard, got a goal and was a pain for Liverpool.

Subs

Willian - 6 - Did ok, made a few good runs at Liverpool's defense but his final ball and decision making in the area was poor again.

Drogba - 6 - When we were struggling to get the ball towards the end, he came on and held the ball up well to waste time.

Luis - No time to make an impact on the game.

Agree with this pretty much, though possibly a bit harsh on Oscar as I think his last 15 minutes clouds things a bit, he was very good until he seemed to tire dramatically. Change it to a 6.5 for me.