Pre-season tour 2015- Chelsea to Sydney

SydneyChelsea

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/english-premier-league-giants-chelsea-to-play-friendly-game-against-sydney-fc-in-june-20150423-1mrp49.html

Dear lads and lasses,

The two finest teams in world football will contest a titanic pre-season ticklefest.

In what will surely be José's biggest challenge yet, Chelsea will need to brave snakes, spiders and drop bears before even getting a glimpse of their opponents. How will the ageing John Terry cope with Marc Janko, the most prolific Austrian hitman since...never mind. Will Eden Hazard stack up against the rampaging Sebastian Ryall? Will 17 year old Alex Gersbach, playing at left back, a Chelsea fan, sh*t his pants?

There are further unconfirmed rumours that any ShedEnder, on presentation of their username, receives one free beer.

Yep a Tuesday game is a nightmare if you're not in Sydney. It's also a nightmare if you live in Sydney too because of traffic...

Chelsea's last minute decision means ANZ is booked out for Rugby League already, and they can't postpone the tour until later in June because of the international tour. I imagine this will be part of a post-season tour of Asia to acknowledge the new sponsor.

Yep a Tuesday game is a nightmare if you're not in Sydney. It's also a nightmare if you live in Sydney too because of traffic...

Chelsea's last minute decision means ANZ is booked out for Rugby League already, and they can't postpone the tour until later in June because of the international tour. I imagine this will be part of a post-season tour of Asia to acknowledge the new sponsor.

If ANZ is booked out then I suspect Sydney Football Stadium (Allianz Stadium) will host the match. 

Austrian hitman?  SydneyChelsea:  You need to do a proofread of your post before you hit "send".    Viduka was a pretty good Australian stiker, and I have a thing for Cahill's forehead (to me, one of the best headers of the ball ever).

Obviously it's great to expand the Chelsea brand and it enables fans across the world to see Chelsea in the flesh, but I thought this years pre-season in England and Europe was a big benefit to us.

Actually didn't see the date, looks like it's at the end of the season rather than a pre-season.

If ANZ is booked out then I suspect Sydney Football Stadium (Allianz Stadium) will host the match.

Too expensive, although obviously every Sydney FC fan would prefer it. Events hosted at ANZ have a significant amount of cost underwritten by government leading to way more profit for the organisers/promoter.

Austrian hitman? SydneyChelsea: You need to do a proofread of your post before you hit "send". Viduka was a pretty good Australian stiker, and I have a thing for Cahill's forehead (to me, one of the best headers of the ball ever).

Marc Janko is Austrian.

Mark Viduka is Australian.

Tim Cahill is a c**t.

I'm in Auckland NZ. I'll most likely fly over as long as flights stay around $170 each way. 

Went to the bridge quite a few times in 2012 but will be great to see the lads again. I can't imagine Chelsea playing with any intensity whatsoever after a long season- Sydney will probably win it haha.

I'm in Auckland NZ. I'll most likely fly over as long as flights stay around $170 each way.

Went to the bridge quite a few times in 2012 but will be great to see the lads again. I can't imagine Chelsea playing with any intensity whatsoever after a long season- Sydney will probably win it haha.

It's more a post-season than a pre-season tour. The players must be cursing :-)

Archived