Charity shield August 1

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Just seen that BT Sports aren't feeling too charitable about the Charity Shield.

Not on on their free channel, it's on their new subscription service.

Proper sh*t.

This is one of those games I think should be on free TV like the World Cup is. I also think the same about the FA Cup final.

Isn't it called the Community Shield these days or have they renamed it back?

From Metro.

Arsenal have failed to score past Chelsea in their last 5 attempts, a total of 482 minutes.

Arsenal have failed to win any of their last 8 meetings against Chelsea L5 D3.

I ignored rest of the stats as it doesn't reflect our recent outing. Be encouraged, Arse should be very afraid :)

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/02/arsenal-v-chelsea-community-shield-team-news-injury-news-team-line-ups-and-tv-times-5323124/#ixzz3heudVdwx

As much as I'd live to take confidence from that, it's a new game I don't think past games have any bearing on what will happen here. Hope I'm wrong of course.

As much as I'd live to take confidence from that, it's a new game I don't think past games have any bearing on what will happen here. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Yep, from what I saw recently though...I'm excited!

Chelsea XI vs. Arsenal: Courtois; Ivanovi?, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Mati?, Fàbregas, Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Rémy.

Substitutes - Begovic, Zouma, Mikel, Oscar, Cuadrado, Moses, Falcao

no costa today, good move from jose

costa out because  of discomfort in his harmstring

well we're off to a flying start

Edited by havelschayes

So we have Oscar, Cuadrado and Moses on the bench but we start with Ramires on the right.

To me it seems like Jose has accepted we won't have much of the ball today so has went for the willing runner in Ramires.

Not exciting but I suppose we will have to hope it works.

To me it seems like Jose has accepted we won't have much of the ball today so has went for the willing runner in Ramires.

Not exciting but I suppose we will have to hope it works.

Yup, he will be setting us up not to lose, no matter what he says he will love the record he has over Wenger and won't want it to end.

Our real problem is midfield and this line-up illustrates that.

Fabregas and Matic doesn't work as a two against top sides, so Jose has either gone 433 or he's put Fabregas further forward in Oscar's spot. 

It's more or less the same thing, whichever way he's gone.

Hazard on the left, Willian on the right.

Remy up top.

Come on Chelsea.