New to the board, long time viewer.

SMOKE?

Hello,

I firstly want to say that I appreciate and respect everyones opinions. PLEASE, I ask kindly to keep this in mind before Flaming me with sarcasm and abuse with this thread!

With regards to another particular thread, where I gave my opinion of "bringing in big Sam", to replace Jose to steady the ship, I did get a few mixed views.

He surely would lay down the basics and send us in the right direction. Where the board could decide whether or not to extend his contract. Who know's, as I said before... If he managed to catch Man City and win the league he could be a permanent feature (if we did get him)

To me, it seems as though I've come across a bit of a Marmite debate. I'm guessing people either love or hate the Idea of having Big Sam, I personally would love it if we managed to swoop in for him before someone else does!

With that aside, I do understand I have signed up to a board full of Blue Banter. And look forward to the good times together.

Lastly, before you reply to this thread think deeply about Big Sam, managing a team with capital begind him. (He's never had money behind him) And look what he did to Bolton Wanderers etc...

"Because every small time manager needs to start at a big club somewhere" - SMOKE.

You didn't mean "reverse" as that would imply it was a Bad decision to Swap?

Not attacking or picking holes, but come on.

Think before you post guys.

FSW - TGO = Worst to best

TGO - Big Sam = Best to very much poorer = nearly the reverse of the above.  

QED.

Hello,

I firstly want to say that I appreciate and respect everyones opinions. PLEASE, I ask kindly to keep this in mind before Flaming me with sarcasm and abuse with this thread!

With regards to another particular thread, where I gave my opinion of "bringing in big Sam", to replace Jose to steady the ship, I did get a few mixed views.

He surely would lay down the basics and send us in the right direction. Where the board could decide whether or not to extend his contract. Who know's, as I said before... If he managed to catch Man City and win the league he could be a permanent feature (if we did get him)

To me, it seems as though I've come across a bit of a Marmite debate. I'm guessing people either love or hate the Idea of having Big Sam, I personally would love it if we managed to swoop in for him before someone else does!

With that aside, I do understand I have signed up to a board full of Blue Banter. And look forward to the good times together.

Lastly, before you reply to this thread think deeply about Big Sam, managing a team with capital begind him. (He's never had money behind him) And look what he did to Bolton Wanderers etc...

"Because every small time manager needs to start at a big club somewhere" - SMOKE.

c**t

I think you are actually Allardyce himself. Welcome

Well Ironically my first name is Sam.

But I'm not Big. I see myself as a average. I mean this with no disrespect to anyone that is larger than average on this board.

So no, I'm not Sam Allardyce.

But the thing is, we're not even a Mid tar team?

Looming over the relegation zone.

I would take Mid table over being relegated.

So you're basing it on current position after 8 games? You want a ban who has never finished with a team in the top four or managed a team in the CL to take over a man who has done it countless times and is currently managing the Premier League champions? Wow just f**king wow!!!

Well Ironically my first name is Sam.

But I'm not Big. I see myself as a average. I mean this with no disrespect to anyone that is larger than average on this board.

So no, I'm not Sam Allardyce.

You seem big to me as in a big idiot if you think big Sam is a good option for Chelsea

Big Sam's best win percentage at a single club is 43,14% with Blackpool (career average 39,31%) and Mourinho's worst win percentage at a single club is 45% when he was the manager of Uniao de Leiria. That alongside the 2-3 months he spent at Benfica are the only clubs where he's had a winning percentage that was lower than 60% (career average is 66,49%). Fergie never had a winning percentage of over 60% at any club that he managed. Make of it what you will...

I'm not saying the start of the season hasn't been pathetic to say the least, but if I had to choose between Big Sam and Jose... I'd rather give Jose some more time to turn it around.

Archived