Which loaned players should we get rid of?

JJP
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

From what I've read there is conflicting info on Salah. Chelsea claim he is still being loaned, Roma claim he's already theirs.

See Michael's Last post on this page.

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/25209-mohamed-salah-to-chelsea/page-53?

Then we have the last blurb in this article.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/5/18/11701320/fiorentina-30-million-eruos-compensation-chelsea-fc-mohamed-salah-days-of-our-live-rumour-report

Transfermarkt claims he transfers  to Roma permanently after his loan ends.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/mohamed-salah/profil/spieler/148455

"Hi Michael,

Thanks for your mail and apologies for the delayed response. We have not sold Mohamed Salah, he is still a Chelsea FC player currently on loan to Roma.

Kind regards,

Web Support"

This is form the Salah thread when we had the same discussion a couple of months ago. He hasnt been sold.

How can anyone seriously closely monitor such a vast army of loanees ?

I don't mind having a dozen or so out on loan, with a serious intention of recalling some of them to play for Chelsea but having 30 plus players out on loan is a complete utter nonsense !

The club should only sign players who are good enough, and start using our academy instead of buying a load of Sh*t average people who only come for the money... We need to get our soul and be a proper football club rather than trying to run it as a loan business model.......

Top post. Says everything that needs to be said.

• 3 weeks later...

Todd Kane, Pasalic, Ake, Andreas, Baker, Solanke, Christensen and Musonda should all be retained, the rest should be sold.

I can't wait for the day Kalas and Bamford to be sold, both are nowhere near good enough yet fans want them recalled, God knows why.

Todd Kane, Pasalic, Ake, Andreas, Baker, Solanke, Christensen and Musonda should all be retained, the rest should be sold.

I can't wait for the day Kalas and Bamford to be sold, both are nowhere near good enough yet fans want them recalled, God knows why.

Kalas played one game for Chelsea and kept Suarez in his back pocket. Would probably have made it if we had a better manager who had the balls to consistently use youth.

Kalas played one game for Chelsea and kept Suarez in his back pocket. Would probably have made it if we had a better manager who had the balls to consistently use youth.

Andy Halliday played against Chelsea once and gave our midfield the run around, sign him up!!!!!

If he was any good for us, even as a squad player, he would have walked into Boro's team, when he does get in its often out of position.

Andy Halliday played against Chelsea once and gave our midfield the run around, sign him up!!!!!

If he was any good for us, even as a squad player, he would have walked into Boro's team, when he does get in its often out of position.

My point was more the fact that he wasn't given a fair run in the team after a great performance. What chance do our youth players have if they have a great game and then never get a look in again. 

Although Kalas did well enough in that game I think it's best to remember that he was well protected in that game aswell.

Schwarzer in net.

Playing along side Ivanovic at CB and Cole at LB (The season that Cole was absolutely shocking).

I wouldn't say he was that well protected as our lineup was weak that day. 

Schwarzer in net.

Playing along side Ivanovic at CB and Cole at LB (The season that Cole was absolutely shocking).

We also had 11 men inside the penalty box for pretty much the entire game, so theres that.

Schwarzer in net.

Played alongside experienced players and I'm not necessarily talking about the form of the players that season. Watch the highlights back Kalas was protected by the others at times in that game. Again not that he didn't perform well, he certainly did but he was protected and a one off game is a one off game at the end of the day.

It's like saying Hilario was good cause he performed well against Barca (2007) and Liverpool (2009) both of those games he was well protected.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Played alongside experienced players and I'm not necessarily talking about the form of the players that season. Watch the highlights back Kalas was protected by the others at times in that game. Again not that he didn't perform well, he certainly did but he was protected and it was a one off game is a one off game.

It's like saying Hilario was good cause he performed well against Barca (2007) and Liverpool (2009) both of those games he was well protected.

I see you changed your comment after claiming JT played  :wink:

The difference was though Kalas was 20 at the time, not a 31 year old goal keeper. He made the first step, we should have helped him more to progress.

Let's just get rid of them all lol.

I'm sick and tired of looking at all our potential prospects and never seeing them get the opportunity in the 1st team.

Take lukaku,kdb,van anholt,bertrand all who are really good in the epl.

Now we have the likes of feruz,Bamford etc who have been at the club for years and still not getting a shout for us or the clubs their loaned out to.

I see you changed your comment after claiming JT played :wink:

The difference was though Kalas was 20 at the time, not a 31 year old goal keeper. He made the first step, we should have helped him more to progress.

Yes cause I remembered he didn't loo but the point still stands. Watch the game back he was protected even though he played very well. I'm not saying I disagree on that performance he should have gotten another game or two but at the same time I don't think it was such a high level performance that he was deserving to start the next game.

My point was more the fact that he wasn't given a fair run in the team after a great performance. What chance do our youth players have if they have a great game and then never get a look in again.

He was dragged in because of an injury crisis, it was always going to be a one off, giving him loads of game time would have been a waste of time for us and him, Zouma and Christensen are the products in that position we should be looking after.

He was dragged in because of an injury crisis, it was always going to be a one off, giving him loads of game time would have been a waste of time for us and him, Zouma and Christensen are the products in that position we should be looking after.

I disagree. When you have to play a young player in such a big game and he stands out; it's time to give said young player a chance. Look at Rashford - without injuries, he wouldn't be anywhere near an England squad right now.

I agree with the conclusion however. Zouma and Christensen are the obvious future. Outrageously good talents.

I disagree. When you have to play a young player in such a big game and he stands out; it's time to give said young player a chance. Look at Rashford - without injuries, he wouldn't be anywhere near an England squad right now.

I agree with the conclusion however. Zouma and Christensen are the obvious future. Outrageously good talents.

It helped that Rooney was out for few more weeks and Martial was needed to play on the left, and he's proven to be good enough since, Kalas hasn't, he had a loan at Koln were he never got a game and is a backup for Boro, if he was a Boro owned player and we were getting linked with his signing, the fans would have a meltdown and put him in the same category as Papy and Hector. Edited by Argo

Absolutely bollocks conclusion.

Conte has yet to get to know him and Werder are trying very hard to get him.

Ha aye ok Jon.

If he is sold then it's clear our 3 mangers didn't rate him.

Jose didn't play him

Hiddink sent him on loan

And now if Conte (who will be aware of all our players and a wide number of other players) doesn't choose to keep him then that means the 3 don't rate him.

How else would you like to paint that picture?