Which loaned players should we get rid of?

JJP
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I understand that conte is a workaholic, but where's he gonna get the time to make a proper in depth study of each individual army of loanees as well as take training and organise a game plan for each match.

Two Bob players such as Salah and Cuadrado and many others in our loanee business model are grossly over paid and we will struggle to attract any decent transfer fee for them, as realistically they will see out their contracts with us whilst they are on loan, as no other club will want to pay them the high wages that we are paying !

I understand that conte is a workaholic, but where's he gonna get the time to make a proper in depth study of each individual army of loanees as well as take training and organise a game plan for each match.

Two Bob players such as Salah and Cuadrado and many others in our loanee business model are grossly over paid and we will struggle to attract any decent transfer fee for them, as realistically they will see out their contracts with us whilst they are on loan, as no other club will want to pay them the high wages that we are paying !

This isnt Contes responsibility, neither was it Josès. The club has a broad network of scouts that are responsible for tracking the progress of every player. The time were  a manager was in charge of everything football realted at the club is long gone and they are never coming back. Scouting players for potential transfers, barring the really obvious ones like Pogba, Vidal, Bale etc is not the managers job and it hasnt been in a long time. I mean does anyone really think Josè scouted St Etienne in his off time and decide to bring in Zouma?

Emanalo will do that. Don't you know emanalo runs this club, he operates the goings on of everything behind the scenes, there's nothing he doesn't know about; he's a fecking mutant who has different guises.

Edited by enigma

Where do you see the 80-100m coming from? Most of these players won't go for more than 5m with the exception of Cuadrado, Salah and maybe Van Ginkel.

Also we've already sold Salah I believe

Kalas and Omerou have had strong seasons. They will fetch 15m combined.

Cuadrado and Salah could get 20m a piece. Vanginkel maybe 10-12m.

Rest could fetch maybe 15 million combined.

Also, forgot to type in Moses and Atsu, both could fetch another 15m in total. So yeah you are right not jsut those players, but those along with Moses and Atsu can and should bring in 80m+

Also, forgot to type in Moses and Atsu, both could fetch another 15m in total. So yeah you are right not jsut those players, but those along with Moses and Atsu can and should bring in 80m+

Hugely inflated transfer values, there. 

£15m for Kalas and Omerou? Behave, we'll be lucky to get anywhere near £10m. Van Ginkel will not fetch £10m+, that's just wishful thinking. Moses would fetch a good fee now he signed a new contract but we would have to practically give Atsu away to get him off our books.

If the board got £80m+ for those players I would be truly amazed. 

Its obviously not going to happen and is purely hypothetical. But here it goes.

6 - Omerou

9 - Kalas

0 - Marin

20 - Salah

20 - Cuadrado

5 - Piazon

0 - Feruz

0 - Delac

2 - Wallace

2 - Chalobah

12 - Van Ginkel

2 - Cuevas

12 - Moses

2 - Atsu

Makes 92m lets take off 10% just for the heck of it. Its still 83m.

Which numbers above do you think are unrealistic.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

6 - Omerou

9 - Kalas

0 - Marin

20 - Salah

20 - Cuadrado

5 - Piazon

0 - Feruz

0 - Delac

2 - Wallace

2 - Chalobah

12 - Van Ginkel

2 - Cuevas

12 - Moses

2 - Atsu

Kalas struggles to be a first teamer for Middlesborough so will fetch no where near 9mil. 4mil maybe.

Omeruo hasn't been great since his injury lay off so oncemore wouldn't get that much. 2-3 mil.

I thought Salah had already agreed a transfer fee to Roma for 11.25mil so almost half what you expected.

Van Ginkel more like 8mil.

Moses more like 8mil if we're lucky.

6 - Omerou

9 - Kalas

0 - Marin

20 - Salah

20 - Cuadrado

5 - Piazon

0 - Feruz

0 - Delac

2 - Wallace

2 - Chalobah

12 - Van Ginkel

2 - Cuevas

12 - Moses

2 - Atsu

While were at it: Mikel 30 and Remy 20. Should give us 150 million to reinvest

Kalas struggles to be a first teamer for Middlesborough so will fetch no where near 9mil. 4mil maybe.

Omeruo hasn't been great since his injury lay off so oncemore wouldn't get that much. 2-3 mil.

I thought Salah had already agreed a transfer fee to Roma for 11.25mil so almost half what you expected.

Van Ginkel more like 8mil.

Moses more like 8mil if we're lucky.

Yeah it does make sense, I guess I was rating them based on the best seasons they have had rather than the current season they are having. 50-60m is probably a more realistic number.

While were at it: Mikel 30 and Remy 20. Should give us 150 million to reinvest

Now thats totally dumb. If you are being sarcastic then you need to work on adding humour to it. So piss off mate.

I personally don't think we should sell Mikel, and i've been one of his harshest critics. It's nice to have a player like that who you know can be relied on to do a job. For the 10-12 million we'd probably get for him, we'd be better off holding onto him. If Remy could stay fit i could see him going for 10-15 million as well, he's a proven premiership goalscorer, could see a few clubs like Stoke, Palace or Swansea going in for him. 

I personally don't think we should sell Mikel, and i've been one of his harshest critics. It's nice to have a player like that who you know can be relied on to do a job. For the 10-12 million we'd probably get for him, we'd be better off holding onto him. If Remy could stay fit i could see him going for 10-15 million as well, he's a proven premiership goalscorer, could see a few clubs like Stoke, Palace or Swansea going in for him. 

Is that a job that we need under Conte though? The guy uses high-energy, dynamic midfielders and Mikel just isn't that. He's a good holding midfielder so is it likely that Conte would use him?

do we really want to sell van Ginkel?
i heard he is doing good at PSV
when we first brought him to the squad, i was really excited for his potential, we really needed a box to box back then
today, even though his skill has been hindered because his past injuries, i think he can still be a good squad player, especially because we still need a box to box

Mikel is one of those players who does a solid job without doing anything spectacularly. I've never been his greatest fan as I don't think he has actually improved in any aspect of his game in the time he has been here.

On Saturday when he lost the ball in City's half for the first goal, he sauntered back. Cahill gave him a 10 yd start and a 20 yd beating dashing back in an attempt to get his body between ball and goal. Ironically it was Cahills deflection that took it into the goal but when the chips are down I want players who will go the extra mile for the team. It has possibly come to a time when it is best for club and player to part company. A new era of high energy football requires players to suit the role.

Edited by charierre

I've generally been very supportive of Mikel - he's no worldbeater, but in every one of our big away performances in the Champions League, as well as some big domestic games, Mikel has never let us down. Think how good he was in Barcelona in 2012. But given there'll be no CL next year his opportunities will be limited: there's no point playing him at home to teams like Stoke (let alone alongside Matic!). If we got a decent offer I'd sell.

I'd look to sell most of our loan players who are over the age of 20. It's ridiculous that people like Chalobah, Marin, Moses, Atsu and Todd Kane are still on our books. Let them make a fresh start elsewhere.

Edited by SW6 Chelsea

Pointless question, sadly, they'll all be gone within 2-3yrs.  A Vitesse fan on Twitter was saying Solanke and Nathan are so poor for them it is incredible.  And that is in Eredivisie

Edited by RickUK

Pointless question, sadly, they'll all be gone within 2-3yrs.  A Vitesse fan on Twitter was saying Solanke and Nathan are so poor for them it is incredible.  And that is in Eredivisie

So fans on twitter are not a credible source? Solanke is Vitesse second highest scorer in the league this season.

• 2 weeks later...

How can anyone have enough time in their busy lives FFS ( even Emanalo only has one pair of eyes and one brain albeit a large one ! ) .....to keep completely and properly up to date with each and every loan player in respect of each match they play and how they they are progressing, in order to make a proper judgement, as to whether or not they might be any good to play for Chelsea in the premier league. Especially as the Premier league competiteness is nothing like the leagues they are playing in FFS

The number of players we have loaned out is far too many......A Riduculous state of affairs.

We would need an army of Emanalo's to monitor all of the loanee players properly.

Good luck to Joe Edwards!

Only ones realistically that could get into the side would be Christensen and Musonda.

Musonda may get in the side, but i'd be happy to bet his output would be on par with any of Aston Villa's forwards this season. Real Betis have scored the fewest number of goals in La Liga this season, Musonda 14 appearances still 1 goal 1 assist. In terms of potential it will be interesting to see how he develops, but he's nowhere near ready. He needs another year at Betis playing week in week out before Conte even contemplates him for the first team imo.

Edited by the special one

So in the 15 years or so since JT started in the 1st team and after sending out hundreds of youth players out on loan during that time, we sit here and say only about 2 loanee players might make our 1st team.

Frankly speaking that sadly means our Academy is a waste of time as far as producing 1st team players for Chelsea FC is concerned.

We as fans are massively fed up with this situation.

I hope Joe Edwards can persuade the board of Chelsea to change strategy and put more energy in making sure our youth players are given more opportunities to get into the Chelsea first team.

If they don't, then all we will see is over paid mercenaries

I hope Joe Edwards can persuade the board of Chelsea to change strategy and put more energy in making sure our youth players are given more opportunities to get into the Chelsea first team.

For me they don't need opportunities in the first team, they need senior first team football at a level that's appropriate for them, which for the most part is what is already happening. If there's one criticism I have of our youth system however it's that we're not sending them out on loan soon enough, the success of the youth teams in recent years has been an unbelievable achievement, but for me I'd prefer if these boys were out on loan getting experience at senior level week in week out - the performance of the youth team is irrelevant;

Dele Alli - 70+ appearances for MK Dons (debut at 17) - signs for Spurs and within 6 months makes his debut for England

Harry Kane - 40+ appearances in the Championship/League 1 - makes his debut for England within 24 months (?) of his Spurs debut

Edited by the special one

Regarding the question concerning how much money Chelsea can realistically expect to get by selling our best youth players........the answer to that depends on various factors all being favourable, such as ..........

A.) The Timing of when the individual loanee players contract runs out .......this is crucial, if it's less than 18 months to go, then the transfer fee will be considerably less, than if it has say 3 years to go.

B.) The overall position in the respective league the team they are playing for and also the statistical performance of each individual loanee player ( for example the number of goals scored etc for a striker and the number of clean sheets etc for a goalkeeper or defender etc)

It seems to me that there is an abundance of average midfield players out there, but there is a grave shortage of decent strikers out there.

As a club, when was the last time Chelsea fc produced a proper decent home grown top notch striker since Peter Osgood in the 60's ?

It seems as soon as we get a decent kid cone along they get shipped out on loan to some average team in Holland and they earn a decent wage, but are never to be seen again by us! As they are Never given a proper opportunity to play in our 1st team......... a sad situation.